Game-Labs Forum

Preliminary announcement about the wipe and recommended player actions.

I think i'm done with this game and after release i maybe do another try.

The upcoming wipes  and even no steam xp sync so i'm not going to invest / play this game as how devs act on it.

Edited by Shrez

7 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Im in nation A and see a fight nation B vs C. Can I join?

We don't know. 
We have no desire to handle blocking and griefing reports that arise from such open battles. Another reason we are considering removing the conversations with enemies from the game. (global and battle chat with enemy). When we keep them open they turn into trash when we moderate them we are accused of censorship and our community we try to protect does not protect us. 

and... stay on topic. Topic is about wipe

• Like 7

main topic updated

you ONLY have to sink 1 ship or gain any xp if you rank is for some reason lower than your main char on main server

if you logged to pve server where you did not play for a long time in and see your xp and rank to be the same as on your main server you don't have to sink anyone - it is already synchorinzed 

• Like 1

i am game with both of those optionsx . i might just start from scratch just for the fun and to see how the leveling works. i find it quite fast now.

as i stated a few times before i really have no problem with xp wipe. i have leveled a few toons and have come to the conclusion it was a hell of a lot harder at the beginning before ea. I am always willing to test again . thumbs up admin for the info.

• Like 1

We have to sink-sink, or kill/assist is enough?

You probably should keep door open for people to join small nations.  For example, you can always move to one of the 3 smallest nations.  This would be without losing XP, etc.

We have our XP at release?

In other games we cannot freely jump from faction to faction, that is true but...  In other games they have 2-3 factions.  These games are also mostly arena based games I think, or all are?  It is a bit different thing in Naval Action, at least if asked from me.

43 minutes ago, admin said:

Another reason we are considering removing the conversations with enemies from the game. (global and battle chat with enemy). When we keep them open they turn into trash when we moderate them we are accused of censorship and our community we try to protect does not protect us. 

Strongly agree on this.

• Like 2

Trolling, trashing, bragging, etc.  I dont do this to be honest.

Still..  I think guys who actually do that, they have place in my gaming experience.  Those guys, they are creating community.

Like some people have been a "bit" annoyed about LVs hard words.  But TOXIC/SORRY is the most famous clan in the game atm.  And probably by far.  Just calculate together TOXIC/SORRY clan view counts on this forum.

Sometimes bad is good.

NOOB QUESTION

Right now I have only one character (PvE).   I am inclined to remain PvE but there is always a chance I try PvP.  Given that possibility, does it make any sense for me to create characters on the other two servers before the wipe? 

Edited by Genma Saotome

Devs - please stick to your long stated commitment on XP for rank and crafting. Whilst the grind is much better now - I don't want to do it yet again.

The server issue only arises because many people currently on PVP EU 1, who have mostly been there since the start are being told to choose between EU port battle windows or global and have to sync in order to move.

I assume we all get the same crafting blueprints regardless but clarification would be welcome.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Genma Saotome said:

NOOB QUESTION

Right now I have only one character (PvE).   I am inclined to remain PvE but there is always a chance I try PvP.  Given that possibility, does it make any sense for me to create characters on the other two servers before the wipe? 

Yes so you keep your current XP/Rank you need to make a char on them and do one battle.  I would advice joining in the newbie shallow area as it's easier to find AI and do a low level missions there in the basic cutter.  Do one missions or attack one ship.  You don't have to win just get xp and than you have made sure your current rank/level is locked on steam with that server.   Than when the patch happens if you want to play on PvP later you will have a redeemable to level you up to that rank that was locked in before the patch.

6 minutes ago, Rouleur said:

Devs - please stick to your long stated commitment on XP for rank and crafting. Whilst the grind is much better now - I don't want to do it yet again.

The server issue only arises because many people currently on PVP EU 1, who have mostly been there since the start are being told to choose between EU port battle windows or global and have to sync in order to move.

I assume we all get the same crafting blueprints regardless but clarification would be welcome.

You will get ships blue prints as you level up.  So if your level 50 you will know all the basic ships that you use to have to build or break a ship up to get the BP for.

Rare BP's are still going to be rare but there will be multi ways to get them in game now.  Other than just this random drop on shipchest from PvP/E Events and Port Battles.

3 hours ago, Jeheil said:

In a cutter.....coz we are all nooblets until we do ?

I did create a character on PVE just in case and I was already Rear admiral with all the redeemable ships available, but with no money.

This is just a safety measure. Everything should be fine. 

Edited by Serk

22 hours ago, admin said:

There is an alternative of course

We can wipe everything now including XP
AND just provide rear admiral rank to everyone who played during EA solving all potential redeemables and late comer problems.
Active players are max rank anyway. And we doubt retired players will come back and doubt they will be unhappy with rear admiral rank. 

That would be great. It would leave open options to join all nations on any server, even for inactive players who cannot sync their battles for one reason or another. It also helps guys like me that have to try really hard to get to max rank before wipe. I approve :)

• Like 2

Once again have important question related to new servers after wipe: can we get official info about them? What difference will be between PvP Global and PvP EU? Port battles times? anything else? We plan guild meeting next friday to start discussion: what next after wipe...so this is essential for us. Hope for quick response with explanation from developers.