Game-Labs Forum

Switching Nations

I have a question regarding Nation Switching. I understand that if you want to switch, you need to do it now before the wipe. I understand that if you switch after the wipe, you will lose your rank and have to start over. Because of this, I have already switched to Pirate. However, what I don't understand is how I can go ahead and switch to Red Pirates (Outlaws) when they don't exist on the server yet. So, what I want to know is....even though I am already a Pirate, if I choose to switch to Red (Outlaw) Pirate once available, will I lose my rank if it is after the wipe? Or will already being a Pirate allow you to become a Red Pirate without losing my rank?

12 minutes ago, Headless Parrot said:

I have a question regarding Nation Switching. I understand that if you want to switch, you need to do it now before the wipe. I understand that if you switch after the wipe, you will lose your rank and have to start over. Because of this, I have already switched to Pirate. However, what I don't understand is how I can go ahead and switch to Red Pirates (Outlaws) when they don't exist on the server yet. So, what I want to know is....even though I am already a Pirate, if I choose to switch to Red (Outlaw) Pirate once available, will I lose my rank if it is after the wipe? Or will already being a Pirate allow you to become a Red Pirate without losing my rank?

There are no red(outlaw) pirates. We just brought back the mechanics of pirates being able to attack a pirate (creating outlaw battle).
If you already have your pirate you don't have to do anything. 
If outlaw class is introduced in the future - players will be able to become an outlaw without formal nation switch. It will be done by in game means - for example by doing very bad deeds. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, admin said:

There are no red(outlaw) pirates. We just brought back the mechanics of pirates being able to attack a pirate (creating outlaw battle).
If you already have your pirate you don't have to do anything. 
If outlaw class is introduced in the future - players will be able to become an outlaw without formal nation switch. It will be done by in game means - for example by doing very bad deeds. 

Which gives me hope we might get a reputation system maybe?   That way the very bad bad bad pirates would have very bad bad bad bad reputation with there deeds (sinking every one).   Though this could in the future give folks chance to go back to being a national if they are very very very good too.   Maybe be able to turn pirate in game by breaking reputation with your nation and than later join a new one by getting reputation back.   

Reputation system could also be used for traders that want to trade with other nations too.

We can only wish right?

• Like 1

I'm still a bit confused. Are rats a "nation" able to conquer ports or not? And once they do release the "Outlaw Rats" patch, will that then allow the Faction Rats to be port conquerors and the Outlaw Rats will not be allowed to conquer ports?
As I'm understanding it, this new rat  mechanic coming in this next patch simply allows rats to attack each other, but will not allow them to use it as a hiding mechanic like they used to before? So that if we are chasing rats and they attack each other, any nation can join the battle and attack both sides because it's a Free For All? Or does it make it a FFA for everyone in the battle, allowing for players of the same nation to kill each other also?

Pirates are in the game only because no nation or alliance has pushed them out. 

Pirates don't have it easy. I wish raiding is pirate only feature.

The currant hostility crap ruined being a pirate for me, as you nationals complain about everything not being fair!!

To answer your questions, yes pirates can capture ports as there is currently no way of raiding and burning ports. The port capture is a waiste of time due to the alliance rubbish. Pirates by there nature are of smaller numbers against nations who can call on allies to double/triple there numbers. I think we can all say the hostility system was rubbish and needs replacing!