Game-Labs Forum

I have been a sailor from age 14. It is in my blood. I went to school on a large sail ship. My father, and all fathers before him went to sea. It feels like home and the waves make us sleep better at night.

The silence of a city house drives me crazy. I like it when the floor moves up and down and left to right. I personally grew up with a giant diesel motor next to my bed, and slept like a baby. I am old now, and all I have is books, piles of books with ships. I long for the old days but I know that never comes back.

What I like to see in this game is more color. Everything is either blue or grey. The map is boring, and could use some art to it.

Having a map like in the old days would be a major improvement. I also suggest you make it bigger, so you don't bump into other players every second.

Here is an example:

c89d7b327e23f668d288cb2bc4b90864.jpg

virginislands2011m004.jpg

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, OlavDeng2 said:

I would imagine this will happen with the upcoming UI overhaul

If that would happen, I'll change my own forum to be a tribute to this game. This game needs more support, because there are people out there who don't even know such a game exists. There is World of Warships, but that is just a pile of missions, no open world/sandbox at all. I am sure World of Warships will lose members if they know there is a game with an open world here :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

If it is holding people off from purchasing a product then it will need to be made sooner rather than later. 

Personally I reckon some investment in UI and a Tutorial or two could make this game a lot more attractive to potential buyers,

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 10:53 AM, Davos Seasworth said:

If it is holding people off from purchasing a product then it will need to be made sooner rather than later. 

It really didn't as far as I'm concerned. I had read how "horrible" the UI was, so many negative reviews just because of it. To me what was important was that it was functional, and functional it is. It is doing everything (or almost everything) it is supposed to do. Knowing this is a WIP game, I didn't put too much weight on the UI.

I don't want to go against the grain, but I feel we need to focus (devs and us) on game mechanics issues, content such as what else do you do beside sailing from point A to point B hauling cargo or looking for that trader or enemy warship? Any special missions, Spanish treasure fleet "sighted near such and such place", I mean there is so much content that can make this game so vibrant and addictive...the ski is the limit (where ski the Dollar amount!).

Making the game "look good" is like building a house, you make sure everything is built (foundation, walls, power, plumbing...etc) and then the "look good" part is the coat of paint, it comes last, that's when you bring in your furniture and move in.

I do like the idea of more color though and a good looking map that you can showcase during marketing will definitely attract many potential customers and future members for this great community.