Game-Labs Forum

Allow a "grace period" to change nations after wipe

@admin

The player base does not know how switching nations will be handled in the future but I'm assuming it may be similar to how it is now: you start with nothing but your XP.

Many players want to try to balance things and/or play with friends after the wipe. Unfortunately, the situation on the servers with respect to player and resource distribution will not be clear until one creates his character and gets in the game. It's been said that we will receive a few ships (and hopefully a little gold) after the wipe to get things started. I foresee a situation where some players create their character thinking they know who they want to be only to find out they made the wrong choice. Others may hesitate creating a character until they are "sure" delaying population build.

My Suggestion:

Allow nation change with restoration of any of the post-wipe awarded money and redeemables for some period of time (a couple of weeks) after the wipe so that folks can move if needed in order to balance things out.

• Like 1

Are even better put an in game means to switch nations.   Just like they use to have a way to go pirate.  Than have a means to go to another nation.  A reputation system would work great for this, where your kinda in limbo between the two nations (basically a pirate) until you get your reputation high enough to switch and become fully part of the new nation.  Are they could all ways do it like POTBS did at the map reset you could all ways change nations, but all your stuff stays on that chars until next map reset and you switch back.  I really think you shouldn't be keeping all your stuff if your flipping around one nation to another.

Oh when you delete and make a new char you keep your redeemable you haven't claimed.   So one thing to do is just not redeem stuff if you think you might change nations again.

• Like 2

I've always liked idea of a reputation system and agree that it would be a great way to change nations. I just made the original suggestion because at least right after the wipe, I think there may be some second thoughts about their first choice. I'm in favor of ease of balancing right after wipes and release. 

Link character with xp to not allow people to change identity.

Put history on character.
Putting things more transparent will make people stop to scream about spy everywhere

For example

Pierrick de badas:

Info:

French : 07/02/16
Pirate : 09/09/16
French : 02/12/16
English : etcetc

It will stop people to think they are speaking ot an alt or els

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Would it not just make sense to buy a nation's pardon in the new admiralty shop, (say 50million value) and then to join the new nation you need to buy a royal pardon (50million value).

Switching nations shouldn't be easy 

Agree.