Game-Labs Forum

Custom Flags for Clans

Hi all,

it would be very nice for a clan to have the chance to make their own custom flag by a simple tool taking picture from a default library (obviously not from internet or personal photo :P).

I don't know if it's possible or difficult but it would be very very interesting.

bye all

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Gora_Euskadi said:

taking picture from a default library (obviously not from internet or personal photo :P).

It could also be personal photo that would have to be approved by moderators

Edited by Zooloo
  • Like 2

Question: How were the personal standards of Flag Captains attributed back in the day ? Was Naval Board choice ? Was based on family crest ? How ?

( leave sea rovers out of this please, Emmanuel Wynn's jolly roger is perfect )

• Like 1

It can easily be implemented, but it will require Developer approval and review of each submitted flag or logo. They also need to post requirements and guidelines that will make this process smooth. I would say Only clan leader will have the right to submit 1 design per day and pay a nice fee of 100k. This means only X amount of clans that exist on the server can submit 1 design per day or in other words if we have 50 clans Devs will only get 50 designs to look through per day and reject those with Boobs.

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Question: How were the personal standards of Flag Captains attributed back in the day ? Was Naval Board choice ? Was based on family crest ? How ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_signal

not much here

this source is listed

Broome, Jack (1955). Make a Signal. Putnam

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Otto Kohl said:

Yeah, imagine all those dicks, swastikas and hammer and a sickles flying around :ph34r:.

Only if they are allowed by the UI.  I used to play Total War Shogun 2, where you could customize your banners on the MMO side - it was quite cool.

My idea was quite simple, only for clan leaders, creating a flag using a limitated number of symbols by a default library created by devs and implemented day by day with new images.

Example:  i can use a max. of 3 symbol for a flag, so i want a rabbit, a skull and a sun on red flag (max. number of symbol can be determinated from additional cost)

Create a flag shall be cost, for example 100k or much, and each clan can have only one, under or over the nation flag, helpfull for recognize clan members in large battle.

that will be very cool

• Like 1

Just give us a flag that we can choose from with edits to color, cross, diagonal line, shape, etc. I'd be happy with this:

1) Choose your flag shape:
z4fEdco.jpg

2) Choose your base color:
[Provide basic colors, nothing flamboyant, no pastels]

3) Choose your pattern:
[Provide a choice of lines: vertical, horizontal, diagonal, even cross, off-centered cross, etc.]

4) Choose colors for each section and the line:
[Allow us to choose from basic colors and apply to each section of the flag.]

5) Do you want streamers?
[No, Yes-short, Yes-long]

6) Choose your emblem:
[Provide us with a bunch of different emblems to choose from like a cross, or skull, skull and bones, skull with eye patch, a bird, a bird with olive branch, a ship, a frog, a doorknob, whatever...just provide enough for us to be unique.]

7) Choose location of emblem:
[Center, center left, center right, upper left, bottom left, upper right, bottom right, etc, or even allow us to drag to location on flag.]

Voila, we're unique....

• Like 3

If i'm not mistaken a Nation flag must never be replaced. And has to be the bigger and most visible.

Fleet ensign comes second with the Flag Squadron ensign coming third.

So, IF it would be implemented I see the Nation flag being as it is with the "Squadron" pennant being in the tops or half size small under the nation flag.

• Like 3

Battalions and squadrons had their own flags.  Usually these had variants of the national flag - but not always.  There usually was a base pattern or motif.

http://shop.ancient-modern.co.uk/bfl4000--the-30-yrs-war-swedish---gustavus-adlphuss-infantry-regiments-1-3151-p.asp

If we want to use the national flag as a background - then it would be a simple motif/symbol/pattern amendment.  This has the benefit of not making a green on green mistake - if one is basing their shots on the flag they can see (and fail to recognize the purple flag with a lightning bolt symbol as a fellow national).

I certainly would love to see what Hethwill is suggesting: the use of a combination of flags - but i can understand that this might be more involved from a design perspective.

@Gora_Euskadi that is a cool UI.

8 minutes ago, Pad Seayew said:

Were the major nations the same in their flag protocols? 

I'm trying to get some free time to pursue that specific research. Might need a bit more than just the first page of search :D

• Like 2

There wouldn't need any judges if they would just give us templates to modify with a color, shape, design pallet . Plus, if players were left to the judging they could easily be tainted with bribes. Also, what would happen if those judges quit playing?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TXSailor said:

I would like to very enthusiastically add my name to the support list for this! Little bits of customization like that go a LONG way to getting everyone immersed and in love more than they already are!

Help get everyone to show support by clicking the Stars in the upper left corner of this thread. It will help make this topic Hot to the forum admins/devs. :)

40 minutes ago, Rickard said:

i agree with you , i just would realy like to name my ship and get a personal flag on my ship just to give my ship her own identity kinda.

judges can be replaced ofcourse if they have been reported to the devs or somesort of cousil for accepting bribes or misussing they power wich some players will ofcourse be doing if given the oppertunity. also if the player with the judge function is away for a serten amount of time or got reported to many times they would be dishonourably discharged from the job.

furthermore i think that a judge should not have any politicall power or fame, to prevent them and others against "Criminal acts" that is why i would suggest that a normal player would not be able to see if anyboddy is a judge however a normal player should be able to see if somebody has bin honourably or dishonourably discharged from the job.

Agreed mate. I was just playing devil's advocate. Personally, I think if there was at least a simple design template in game that we can modify with shape, color, layout, and a library of emblems will provide me with enough to make my flag unique enough. But yes, I'd love to see our clan's Total Oblivion emblem on a flag. It's by far the best ever made! (Shameless plug) :D
HuLpS1s.png

• Like 1