Game-Labs Forum

Farrago

Question

Only stupid question is the question not asked, but this one may come close...

Despite the name, do Mortar Handbooks assist with deck guns?

It says they affect:

DECK_CENTRAL CANNON_DISPERSION_PER100M, CANNON_DISPERSON_VERTICAL_PER100M

AND

CANNON_DISPERSION_REDUCTION_SPEED

11 answers to this question

Here is a question on the same topic, how are mortar brigs going to work.  Will the handbooks basicly be your skill level from using that ship over and over until you get better and better at it through XP?  Has any one even thought of this?   If the test server ever gets updated I would be more than happy to get one and test it, but you know that is WEEKS FROM NOW.....

22 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Maybe it will give you a +ve adjust on all aspects of your Mortar Brig. From Opt Ballast to Build of your ship. But yeah would like to see a test. When you hit me you will also get a boost right...lol ?

You know I have like 5 Mortar Brigs with full duras to burn through until the patch (well one is down a dura).....I might just have to start doing random things with them until than.   lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You know I have like 5 Mortar Brigs with full duras to burn through until the patch (well one is down a dura).....I might just have to start doing random things with them until than.   lol

Just before the announcement of the pending apocalypse I had a gold MG with British Refit built for me. Gold handbooks, Imp Mag, Monkeys and Mortar officer perk the thing reloaded faster than it aimed. :P

Going to be harder to level up skill on MB now since you are really only using them in PB.

16 minutes ago, DeRuyter said:

Just before the announcement of the pending apocalypse I had a gold MG with British Refit built for me. Gold handbooks, Imp Mag, Monkeys and Mortar officer perk the thing reloaded faster than it aimed. :P

Going to be harder to level up skill on MB now since you are really only using them in PB.

My build is the Cedar, Stiffness, French Refit.  Go for the accuracy so you don't even have to wait and your pretty much spot on with all four balls.  Going to be a big change I bet, but will prob take out out for a spend if and when the patch ever happens. 

Yah I have a big argument with others about it's use in port battles.  They say it doesn't do enough damage, but each ball does about 500-600 damage.  That is pretty much the same damage your going to get from most big ship broad sides and I have 4 balls that can hit.   The other thing is folks freak out when they see "MORTAR STRIKE" pop up on screen so it's a mind game too.   Than if you demast some one that just changes the game big time specially if you do it more than once than they are a floating target.    I do think there is a time and place for battles for them and it's not every port battle either.  With the new fort/tower stuff coming I think folks are going to be surprised how useful they are in a fight.

My biggest complaint is that if there is any land between you and the target you can't see the aim circle.  It seems they never updated it from the before land in port battle times.  I need to F11 that next time to get the devs to look at it.  There are some times when it's just a sand bar or something and it throws my aim all off or you can't aim at all.   So does having some towers in land makes it hard to aim, but that is normally corrected like in real life with a follow up shot.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah I have a big argument with others about it's use in port battles.  They say it doesn't do enough damage, but each ball does about 500-600 damage.  That is pretty much the same damage your going to get from most big ship broad sides and I have 4 balls that can hit.   The other thing is folks freak out when they see "MORTAR STRIKE" pop up on screen so it's a mind game too.   Than if you demast some one that just changes the game big time specially if you do it more than once than they are a floating target.    I do think there is a time and place for battles for them and it's not every port battle either.  With the new fort/tower stuff coming I think folks are going to be surprised how useful they are in a fight.

My biggest complaint is that if there is any land between you and the target you can't see the aim circle.  It seems they never updated it from the before land in port battle times.  I need to F11 that next time to get the devs to look at it.  There are some times when it's just a sand bar or something and it throws my aim all off or you can't aim at all.   So does having some towers in land makes it hard to aim, but that is normally corrected like in real life with a follow up shot.

If they reposition the forts to cover more of the cap circles then the MB will be a must have in most PB. I think they already did that on the test server, not sure though.

4 hours ago, DeRuyter said:

If they reposition the forts to cover more of the cap circles then the MB will be a must have in most PB. I think they already did that on the test server, not sure though.

Don't know if these are updated since, but these are the new forts as per testbed and I assume next patch so you can see some of the changes, still don't cover as much as we would like.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bx3OZcHt9VbNMTNvTXFIQ2RVUVk