Game-Labs Forum

Maybe is it time to...

PIerrick de Badas

Just now, Tiedemann said:

You guys have a funny way of twisting your interpretasjon of reality into something that makes you look like the good guys. We can with ease point at Christendom as the single player with most of the responsibility for this server split.

And if you do not have the power or connections to persuade you own nation to vote out of an alliance, why are you the nations voice?
And threatening to "stay right where we are", is this your new nuke button? Like you have threaten to continue the night flipping in the past, if everyone did not bend to you will.

I see not other choise here. I'm going global and US, after the wipe! :D    

No I cannot force players to vote for something they don't want to do, aka change alliances with people they dislike.  As we just saw recently in actual US elections, we're not exactly good at voting for what's in our own self interests.  Not that I would actually want to force players to do that, I presented the clans with the option to switch alliances and it was soundly rejected.    

I'm not sure I can claim sole responsibility for the night flips, they would of happened with or without me.  I can take responsibility for being one of the very few in the US council who requested that we stop hitting the danes after santa domingo every night and ease off the gas and you guys quit.  That was a mistake.  

You're welcome to join the US.  

5 hours ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

French were the ones the more likely trying to find a solution when sweden came with "nothing after 22h asks" and then negociating stop on this point as sweden and US didn't share any window.

By the way, you exactly make into this thread (wich was dedicated to diplomacy and nice talks) what has been made everhwere. toxcicy!

Please leave this thread for what it is design and polluate others ones

You are right - I'm toxic about the past and when people turn statements around into their own favour. My apologies for that. So yeah this server split might give us some time to just get over the animosity. As much as it isn't a fix and the decision is questionable we might as well use this opportunity.

• Like 2

Just now, JollyRoger1516 said:

You are right - I'm toxic about the past and when people turn statements around into their own favour. My apologies for that. So yeah this server split might give us some time to just get over the animosity. As much as it isn't a fix and the decision is questionable we might as well use this opportunity.

Now that's a way of think I can get behind! #burythehatchet 

Love it.

Read the first five page post on this thread earnestly ending:

"Lets try to save the things and going in a better direction." 

Twenty posts later....

7 hours ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Stop shittalking when you have tried nothing to balance anything.

gl in global

A marvellous palm to forehead slapping moment.

I think I'll end my contribution here.. I think I know where this thread is going. 

Buster

#Global Shi* Wipe

• Like 4

9 hours ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

After a long time critizism each other without even trying to understand the others guys on the community we succes to split the community in too a better way that the developpers made.
To be honnest i see the split of the server more than how to separate two bad children that try to fight each others any time they meet rathen than fixing a problem in game.

Because if you succes to get a bit range from the problem what is it? It's a problem of behaviors, or so feel, between 2 community that miss communication and understandment to make the things beeing more quiet.
Each time things were going in good way, we always has been able to count on someone to destroy the progress, starting insults US, starting a nightflip, starting to put salt on the wound, speaking about who supposly cheats, make generality and more.

We have 3 weeks before the servers will separate us. We have few months before beeing again together on a global server on the release.
Maybe is it time to try to be less salty and try to improve the communication.
We start the move with Chris and we forget it and start again screaming on each others. It was a good movement. We succes to make it exist 3 days.

Even if the server are going to separate our 2 community, we are going to share the same forum and one day the same server. Moving on the others servers threads just to put salt on it as putting pollution on all the threads about the split or the community is not going to make the things going better.

French are not whinning neither retreating. We are actually with the pirates the community giving the most chance to make good open sea pvp
Danishs are not cheating neithers russians, some may but they are not in number making one nation russians cheaters
US are not nightflipping, they just play on a different timezone
Brits are not zerg, they have a large playerbase and we won't see some in rvr and pvp.
Spain is not whinning, their community has been really badly under pression bye beeing so close to players with differents time zone.
Sweden...mhh noone never complain on them...

Time to make a mea culpa. I've been toxic enough. Lets try to save the things and going in a better direction.

I think this sentiment is good. In spite of past failures to avoid toxicity in talks between the two groups, I think that we should continue to try to keep the spirit of a good community alive, which takes personal dedication. That becomes difficult when new or lesser heard voices show up and start the negativity all over again. I hope those that care to heal the wounds can discipline themselves to avoid those voices.

The other difficult problem to overcome becomes how we personally handle the accusations and complaints. Trying to not be toxic is one thing but renewing respect for the most vocal players of the other side is another. Many of us in one fashion or another have contributed to the toxicity. I am in the western alliance and I will give credit to three guys on the eastern side for attempting to minimize their own toxicity as they saw the need to do so in order to bring people back together. These three guys are Pierre, Kloot, and Bearwall. They are not perfect and they all have admitted to times of toxicity as do I, but they have shown that within them is a desire to return to a time when we all respected each other and enjoyed gaming against or with each other.

The outlook for this game is not optimistic. The decisions made by the dev team, and the communities irritation with them makes it difficult to keep players in the game but a hateful and dysfunctional community towards each other can just as easily drive people out. It makes the game less fun. Whatever the case, we do need to bring the community back together before release.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kloothommel said:

What I find fascinating is that ONLY when the split was announced there are finally talks about balancing the playerbase. Something the EA has tried with diplomacy for 4-5 months. Please forgive some scepticism from my part.

I only respond to this so that in the spirit of the thread we can move on from this misunderstanding and not be so confused by it. I hope we can put critiques adequately explained aside in order to move forward as is Pierre's wish for this thread.

The US DID consider joining the eastern alliance for the sake of balance but not for long. In simple terms and with menace to none, playing alongside the Danes was not a viable option for the US. Ultimately a player base wants to enjoy playing alongside their partners. In the game many have been accused of being under the thumb of a stronger nation. We have heard constant talks about the overlords and masters of other countries have we not? The Danes came to us twice with a proposal of peace but with each proposal came a threat. If we were to have accepted the proposal then we would have literally been putting ourselves under the Danes and making them our "overlords" because those threats would have always hung over our heads.

These threats do not make the Danish players bad people, it just made them bad diplomats. It literally made it impossible for the US faction, in good conscience, to side with them.

Now that the Euros are leaving to another server the US is able to revisit the idea of rebalancing this one. The US player base on pvp1 does not want to be a part of a bully alliance and by switching nations after the split we will be  provided unlimited :P pvp opportunities which is something that is lacking for us during our "playzone". It looks to be a very fun server to me.

Again, with malice to none.

• Like 3

Can we not just get the wipe and hello kitty off to our respective servers. Until then, there is 0 reason to continue playing the game. As has been obviously noted by the large majority of the PVP1 playerbase if activity numbers are anything to go on.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I never saw Christendom ask for a server split?  How can he be responsible?  That's like trying to blame the corn farmer for you being a diabetic.

If anything, you can blame me for all the so-called "night flips."  I personally like to play after work and dinner when I'm at home.  It's all my fault. :) F11 and Tribunal me, I deserve it.

Like to play after work and dinner? So we do :) Oh, wrong time zone? Too bad :D

Enjoy the GLOBAL server:)

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I certainly will, and have never complained about you doing so in your time zone. You just haven't cared to extend us the same courtesy.

Enjoy your carebear, special snowflake EU server! After that we can both enjoy half the content, half the users, and therefore a much quicker half-life of the sustainability of this game, post-release. :slow-claps:

How long until the game is half price?

• Like 1

Yup, let's try to be friendly to one another. We all have one thing in common : Love for naval Action !

Pixel war and it's frustrations can lead to toxicity and escalation from both sides but let's remember every person in this community is much more interesting, smart, sexy and lovely than the foolish crowd of "other people" who are too shitty to realize they should play with us ;) You realise ? Billions of idiots who litterally waste their lives... how sad.

(edit : just noticed flame wars above my message... come on guys it's a reconciliation thread)

Edited by Zooloo
  • Like 6

On 28.3.2017 at 9:48 PM, Wraith said:

I certainly will, and have never complained about you doing so in your time zone. You just haven't cared to extend us the same courtesy.

Enjoy your carebear, special snowflake EU server! After that we can both enjoy half the content, half the users, and therefore a much quicker half-life of the sustainability of this game, post-release. :slow-claps:

You complain all the time about the server split :) About splitting the "community"...I see no "community" here, only people who play the same game.We have nothing in common :)

You can play when i sleep, and i can play when you sleep. Fair enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PG Monkey said:

I will play on the Global server, I'll also play on the EU server AND the PVE server. Its like having 3 different versions of the same game :)

PG, why do you have to be over reasonable ?! :D

We'll see each other out there, guns saluting and we might share a prize or two

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

I will probably play on both server. In which nation on global? Don't know yet. Probably not French to see others seas.

We, most likely playing Europe server, are neither represent neither invite on global server TS meeting.

We may partially unbalance the things a bit ; sorry...

This......

Is why you didn't get an invite to the global server TS.  Do you plan on revising your declaration?