Game-Labs Forum

Maybe is it time to...

PIerrick de Badas

6 minutes ago, sruPL said:

[..]main difficulty is that admin said clearly: "switching nations in the future will be harder". Like that is any helpful xD It is already hard enough...

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that. Flat out 180 degrees wrong direction unless they have a lot of other things in the pipeline to balance teams..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

Say something nice and conciliatory.. and the poo slinging commences straight away.

really ?? i dont understand why you think there is any poo slinging in this thread ...kloothommel was one of the biggest advocates of  the US players palying on the US server and EU players playing on the EU server ...

its happened he has his wish ... nothing changes in the game for me ... i play on the global server ..its the same as pvp1 ...

i dont understand why people are unhappy ...

those who want to play global can do so ......those that want to play only in eu primetime can do so ..

for those that stay in the eu server some that play french , danish, spanish or swedish .. will have to go brit , dutch and US

Same as those that play global will have to change nations too

otherwise it will be just 2 pve servers

Ive always been against any split of the NA pop with it being as low as it is now. While i understand why this is happening i cant agree to it. For me a huge part of this game was having a true enemy to fight. Victories against fleets you despise and seeing those people rage (whether you approve of the shit talk or not) is so much more satisfying long term than playing against friends. But thats just me.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

Ive always been against any split of the NA pop with it being as low as it is now. While i understand why this is happening i cant agree to it. For me a huge part of this game was having a true enemy to fight. Victories against fleets you despise and seeing those people rage (whether you approve of the shit talk or not) is so much more satisfying long term than playing with all your friends. But thats just me.

i don't despise anyone on NA ,, i don't know anyone in RL that plays ,There are certain players i like to see sink ... but to be fair i dont see many of them on the forums ..

i like the banter on the forums but never take it personal ,,, and the posts i make are not meant to be personal

I dont understand the night flip rage that has lead to the server split ..its a game and pixels .. so what if you lose a port overnight ... same as if so what if my nation loses a port during other times ,,,it seems it is important to some ,,in which case the server split is a good thing

there is no work around as prime times are different something we cannot change  ,,even if each nation had 10 times as many players ..people would gravitate towards certain nations that speak the same language and the problem will be the same ..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

I clearly remember the last attempt to find a diplomatic solution having to be aborted due to the Eastern Alliance (primarily the French) categorically declaring that they wouldn't agree to anything that happens past midnight. We didn't even reach the balance out part/had already agreed that some balance needs to occur. If that is your understanding of diplomacy you need to relearn how that works!!!

French were the ones the more likely trying to find a solution when sweden came with "nothing after 22h asks" and then negociating stop on this point as sweden and US didn't share any window.

By the way, you exactly make into this thread (wich was dedicated to diplomacy and nice talks) what has been made everhwere. toxcicy!

Please leave this thread for what it is design and polluate others ones

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

I mean a LOT of Europeans will play on Global.

Maybe at the start, but I'm not so sure it will last too long, mate. Just wait a faction starts loosing too many ports due to ... well you know what I mean ... and then let's see actually who's who.

Edited by victor
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Not European players, but members of whinig alliance.

We know you would not miss us Otto, since you are to busy fighting you alt.. (Proof: Klick here )

26 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

I mean a LOT of Europeans will play on Global.

Yes, those who are not RvR players might join global. But if Global do not balance the server, they will lose all their regions and crafting ability and it might force them to join another nation or go to the EU server. 

To stay closer to the topic: We might all be returning to the same server when release hits (merged back). So I hope we have all cooled down a bit and the devs have implemented some sort of solution to the RvR issues.
I do not se the problem with having regional timers. So if you cap a region (at the time set by the defenders), you then get to decide when the attack window should be. We had it earlier, but back then they where for single ports and it was just to many ports and flags. Now we have regions, limit on how many pb we can set, so I think it might work. Only issue is the player numbers.. So this might work after release, but because we are splitting the servers we have to low a population to test it :( 

• Like 3

Good post Plerrick! :)

I think splitting the community is the wrong thing to do. Merging PvP 1 and PvP 2 into 1 server would have been better imo. 

The whole "Nightflip" issue stems from the fact that (on pvp 1) there is only 3 nations with a big enough amount of US players. (Pirates, British, US). 
Getting more US players to join the other nations could have solved this problem. 

Alas, whenever i have suggested the above as a solution to everyones problems, most have shot it down without giving it much thought: 
The most used comments i've seen from the western alliance:
- "Why would anyone want to join the Eastern Alliance"
- "How is it out problem the Eastern Alliance don't have US players"
- "Perhaps the Eastern Alliance should try to recruit the US players"

What i've seen the Eastern Alliance comment:
- "That isn't the problem at all." 
- "How are we supposed to recruit US players." 
- "It is much harder to get US players to join our alliance." 

What i don't understand about this is:
- Why didn't some of the US based clans try joining the Eastern Alliance to help balance it out? 
- Why haven't some of the EU based clans joined the Western Alliance to help balance out the EU Timezone? 
- Why are you all fighting like a bunch of girls from kindergarden instead of acting like adults and discussing it in a proper way. If that had been done maybe we wouldn't see the community being split.. 
- Why has the only ideas that didn't involve splitting the community been shot down without any thought? And yes, players from both alliances have shot down those ideas.
- Aaand. This is a game is it not? So why all the goddamn hate towards each other? It is so silly that, because of a game, you guys are so mad at each other you cant even talk about it like adults. 

Yes, i know, i'm also being slightly toxic in this post. Please remember, this is nothing personal towards anyone.
I am quite simply frustrated by the fact that the community is being split once more... 

Cheers. 
Tommy.

• Like 15

Attempts were made prior to this wipe.  

Unfortunately due to alliance mechanics and general voting switching alliances probably would never have happened, even if we did actually want to.  The Danes came to us before Christmas asking if we wanted to switch, logistically it probably wouldn't of happpened and we simply just didn't like them as allies. 

They came again to us a couple weeks later during the xmas bullshit and asked us to negotiate giving up night flips during the week reducing us to a weekend nation.  The negotiations were very much agree or else we're gonna hit 3 ports at the same time.  We don't do business like that and said F off.  In response to their strong arm tactics and what we believe was acting in bad faith over the xmas truce we stopped holding back the night flips and went balls deep for a month or 2 until they quit and we slowed down.

I'm a pretty reasonable guy most of the time and have been willing to negotiate for months.  My terms have been the same.  Give up morning flips and stop logging out under the swords and we'll stop night flips.  We were told no.  Multiple times  

The general opinion from the eastern alliance was no negotiations, US players need to leave. Well, your got what you guys wanted and now the player base will be split at perhaps the worst times.  Congrats. You babies got your special server and now please live with the consequences.

We are going to attempt to change up the players and alliances now because you're gone.  After the amount of whining, arrogance and questionable tactics you've pretty much burned your bridge with western alliance members.  You're leaving, we'll balance ourselves.  We didn't before because we didn't want to be allies with you.  We still don't. 

The moment one major RVR clan that left for the EU safe space server comes back to the global server because the grass isn't always greener.....all the players that made an effort to balance the server without you will move back to their respective home nations.  We don't want you back.  

You guys refused to be reasonable.  You wanted to log off infront of ports.  Attack only when you wanted to and then cried like children with skinned knees when it was done to you.  We're tired of your hypocritical bullshit.  Leave and don't hello kittying come back.  

Adios.

ps - Keirrip, you're alright.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Btw when you guys do come back we'll make sure to f11 after every night flip.  That makes everything ok it seems.  

no such thing as night flips on global ....just people playing when is convenient for them ...

1 hour ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

By the way, you exactly make into this thread (wich was dedicated to diplomacy and nice talks) what has been made everhwere. toxcicy!

Please leave this thread for what it is design and polluate others ones

your thread is called,  maybe its time to ......

think you have your answer and it isnt time to ..............

While I commend Keirrip taking the initiative to start anew and leave the past salt behind....funny how others aren't doing the same...

What do you think will happen when the servers eventually merge once again...do you think the servers will ever merge? whether I play on pvp1 or 2 right now, I honestly don't have problems switching to other nations to create balance, if there is a group or some players who I can't stand I try my best to deal with the situation, but the worst that can happen is that I don't talk to them. Do you think with nations being limited to 2 port battles at a time there may be situations where one timezone intentionally "forces" the other one out?

an issue I had when I was in the spanish nation with some friends - to be fair it was when we still had time windows on ports - was we would fight for ports against the US, but the spanish would buy the flag and put a EU timezone window. It was nice finding people to fight, but we effectively we unable to participate in defenses of any port battles. I'm not blaming the spanish players, as strategically it's a sound choice to have your window in a better time with more players but I do know we also wanted to participate in some port battle defense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Funny enough the exact same thing I did say when the clamorous rampage of the US towards the south a year ago due to low population of Spain.

No one cared :) and everyone jumped like mastiffs sinking teeth into caballero's flesh.

Sometimes, just sometimes, I wish rewards & prices & amount of resources, etc would be dynamic and adjusted as per %% of population.

That was an entirely different situation, you should know that of all people.

Time after time the US offered Spain peace, time after time it was rejected. We drew borders, offered ports, offered amnesty and promise of a wide berth around their capital etc. Ultimately it was rejected because Spain did not see it right for the US to hold the East and and West coast of Florida, one of the few places the US could expand in to. If I remember correctly, Spain wanted the entire Gulf, West of Florida, South of Florida, as well as Cuba. There was simply no negotiating with them.

We fought them in the day, the afternoon, and the night. They never defended with any force, even their ports surrounding their capital, they just tried to take them back them back while US players were asleep or at work.

Was an analogy. I hope you understand that efforts to change nations to balance power were never undertaken by many. I can name clans that did it, players that did it, all by their own will. We do not look to dramatic exits like the American civil war situation, that's not a natural exit to balance power. Most cling to a lot of "reasons" and let the status quo remain and spend gallons of ink writing stuff.

No one is wrong :) But surely we ain't right. So why not change nations with the wipe ? Why ?

7 hours ago, Borch said:

Ok, a harsh truth in my opinion.

While this can be a suprise for plenty of people I myself expected EU players still playing on Global server after splitting, Be real people RUS clan wont go anywhere where they wont find any proper opposition and if they will stay the rest will stay too. In fact I think that the devs are still trying to fix the situation by switching off alliances and watching nations meetings and eventual server balance emerging after the wipe. In case of that happening people would be able to stay on 1 server and still having fun.

All that could be achieved without all the drama and wasting dev team time. Thats why in my opinion we need to switch those alliance off and figure out how to make the game function without them. Wipe is comming with a good timing too (maybe too early when it comes to game changes, crafting, economy, raids still missing but certainly in good time when it comes to tenstions between the sides).

Server split means that we all loose.

not really, if they switch off alliances I win :P.  Seriously though Devs don't turn off alliances it will hurt small factions way more then big ones 

30 minutes ago, Batman said:

It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our enemies and say "I'm sorry for all the toxicity".

Shame on those who keep fighting in this thread.

So Kudos to Keirrip o7

Keirrip has been the only nation leader of on that side that can see the forest for the trees.  So I give props to him.  I made an effort to see what he had to say and even so far as to commit the US nation to a deal if they agreed.  Instead I got to listen to Svenno talk about how fair his side was playing as they were actively logging out infront of ports for the next days battles...

I and many others have no desire to remain cordial with a group of players that are now going to cause the developers to fracture the player base and probably kill off the game in the process because they can't accept that the game is played at times when they can't be online.  How selfish. 

Any whiff of these players staying or planning on returning and we'll stay right where we are.

They went and pissed in their pool and the devs decided to make them another one while the rest of us are still swimming in their water.  Don't come back, we'll clean up the mess

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

I'm willing to bet i get more toxicity for being a British player then I give out.  

That being said yes no attempt was made till the server split, because all balance discussions we had was predicated on the eastern alliance leaving.  First admin shot down chris' idea about making it easier to change nations, then as soon as the proposed deal expanded to include Sweden it fell apart, and its my policy for the british that I wont make any deal unless all relevant nations are included.  And finally the elephant in the room, changing alliances will be difficult if not impossible with all the old grudges in place.  However you feel about the Christmas truce, no one can deny that it has been a poison pill in any deal between the US and the Danes.  Cry's of EU server EU port battle times have also been a bit of a poison pill for this issue.  And the final nail, if the dev's turn off alliances there will be no reason to be in a small faction, i have no interest my self in being unable to field a full fleet, which is, according to sveno, exactly the position Sweden will be in if this happens.  So its not that none of us want a balanced server its that most of us are not willing to play with people we don't like to do it .  Ill be the first to say there are plenty of people i respect in the eastern alliance but there is a limit to what we can fix with non binding resolutions anyway.  At the moment its all in limbo wail we wait to see if the server will split and if the eastern alliance will really "leave" and if alliances will be turned off.  The problems is by the time we know that everyone will have missed the window to change without pain, unless the devs reverse their stance that changing factions should be harder.  The end result will be people will make pragmatic choices based on being competitive or get crushed by those who did  

• Like 1

Let's cheer the gentlemen behavior offered by Kierrip. 

Let's admit that unfair mechanics & unbalanced TZ population have spoiled the comunity mood.

Let's give a try (before final release) to TZ prime time servers in addition to global server.

Let's test & enjoy heavy upcoming wipe !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Christendom said:

Attempts were made prior to this wipe.  

Unfortunately due to alliance mechanics and general voting switching alliances probably would never have happened, even if we did actually want to.  The Danes came to us before Christmas asking if we wanted to switch, logistically it probably wouldn't of happpened and we simply just didn't like them as allies. 

They came again to us a couple weeks later during the xmas bullshit and asked us to negotiate giving up night flips during the week reducing us to a weekend nation.  The negotiations were very much agree or else we're gonna hit 3 ports at the same time.  We don't do business like that and said F off.  In response to their strong arm tactics and what we believe was acting in bad faith over the xmas truce we stopped holding back the night flips and went balls deep for a month or 2 until they quit and we slowed down.

I'm a pretty reasonable guy most of the time and have been willing to negotiate for months.  My terms have been the same.  Give up morning flips and stop logging out under the swords and we'll stop night flips.  We were told no.  Multiple times  

The general opinion from the eastern alliance was no negotiations, US players need to leave. Well, your got what you guys wanted and now the player base will be split at perhaps the worst times.  Congrats. You babies got your special server and now please live with the consequences.

We are going to attempt to change up the players and alliances now because you're gone.  After the amount of whining, arrogance and questionable tactics you've pretty much burned your bridge with western alliance members.  You're leaving, we'll balance ourselves.  We didn't before because we didn't want to be allies with you.  We still don't. 

The moment one major RVR clan that left for the EU safe space server comes back to the global server because the grass isn't always greener.....all the players that made an effort to balance the server without you will move back to their respective home nations.  We don't want you back.  

You guys refused to be reasonable.  You wanted to log off infront of ports.  Attack only when you wanted to and then cried like children with skinned knees when it was done to you.  We're tired of your hypocritical bullshit.  Leave and don't hello kittying come back.  

Adios.

ps - Keirrip, you're alright.  

That's your view on things. Let's say mine differs. All you did was make offers you knew we wouldn't accept. And now again threatening while the new servers aren't even in the air yet? Quite sad that. And quite salty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kloothommel said:

That's your view on things. Let's say mine differs. All you did was make offers you knew we wouldn't accept. And now again threatening while the new servers aren't even in the air yet? Quite sad that. And quite salty.

I presented offers that were reasonable and realistic.  Unlike switching alliances and nations.  Stop attacking the US early and sail to the ports fairly like the rest of us.  We would of gladly accepted.  

I'm not making threats, these are guarantees.  

42 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I and many others have no desire to remain cordial with a group of players that are now going to cause the developers to fracture the player base and probably kill off the game in the process because they can't accept that the game is played at times when they can't be online.  How selfish. 

Any whiff of these players staying or planning on returning and we'll stay right where we are.

They went and pissed in their pool and the devs decided to make them another one while the rest of us are still swimming in their water.  Don't come back, we'll clean up the mess

You guys have a funny way of twisting your interpretasjon of reality into something that makes you look like the good guys. We can with ease point at Christendom as the single player with most of the responsibility for this server split.

And if you do not have the power or connections to persuade you own nation to vote out of an alliance, why are you the nations voice?
And threatening to "stay right where we are", is this your new nuke button? Like you have threaten to continue the night flipping in the past, if everyone did not bend to you will.

I see not other choise here. I'm going global and US, after the wipe! :D    

• Like 3