Game-Labs Forum

Alt abuse to grief Port Battles

At the battle for Bermuda there were no less than 2 alts attempting to grief the PB fleets. One succeeded.

Please investigate and punish these two accounts for alt abuse:
brightlight
[NAP]MorgotHola

With our scouts we managed to pick up the first one and then screen him out of the port battle ourselves. The second one we were unaware of and he managed to join the Port Battle from far away only to sail into the fort fire and get killed.

Both accounts are low level. One is French, the other Spanish. Both were in Mortar brigs. Both pretended like noobs but are clearly players with some experience with the game. We contacted devs with our suspicions about the French account prior to the PB.

The case against brightlight:
SXhUNXFy.jpeg 
The player was 1 day old at the time of the PB. It was created after the Port Battle for Bermuda was even generated…
No player sails all the way to Bermuda on his second day - in a mortar brig. Please also look into who traded him the Mortar Brig or any gold he spent to buy it.

djJzZ2ta.jpeg 
The player was spotted sailing up earlier in the day.

dDh2TEcx.jpeg 
The player sailed to the south of the port and logged off near the edge of the circle, showing forethought and malice, by indicating knowledge of the PB system, PB entry and PB layout that no 1 day old player would have.

MWt6c1Fk.jpeg 
The player was told not to enter the port battle, and answered in the affirmative.

K2ZjQjVu.jpeg 
Since we obviously didn’t trust his word, we dispatched a screener of our own to keep brightlight from sabotaging the PB. Just as the PB started he entered open world. This screenshot is from ca. 1:30 minute after the PB started when he was caught into battle, right before he would have been able to enter the PB. (original picture with timestamp can be submitted to devs if necessary)

The case against MargotHola:

WTVIbXlB.jpeg 
MargotHola is another low level player who decided to make the sail all the way from La Habana to Bermuda to sabotage a PB. 

ZGFOdGlq.jpeg 
He was one of the first players to join the PB, despite us joining immediately when the 2 minute timer was up. I use a stop watch to time our entry to Port Battles, so the alt must have been sitting in OW, ready to enter the PB as soon as it was open to anyone without hostility, and intent on clicking fast to be able to get into the PB.

WHFUSTZG.jpeg 
aGkwcWEy.jpeg
The alt joined really far away from the port, in an illogical spot, and he sailed into the fort fire to get killed by it later in the battle.

WFlZOWVk.jpeg 
The alt ignored requests to come on Teamspeak, but answered some messages in game-chat. He told that there had been a request in chat for a mortar brig to Bermuda - an obvious lie. He also makes basic grammar mistakes in his answers indicating that he is probably using Google Translate in order to answer only in Spanish. 

Video of the battle:

(comments about the alts on teamspeak during battle should be ignored as made in affect, I take it for granted that the enemy port battle fleet was unaware and unconnected to the sabotage)

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 14

the next person bullshitting around and spamming this thread into oblivion will get a warning. period.

read the friking Tribunal rules and stop spamming this thread.

Its not your typical reddit post. its tribunal.

If you have something competent to say - do so with proof!

thank you

• Like 7

Guest sruPL

What I see here, is alt abuse on the @Anolytic side. He admits in Tribunal that his / their British alt account was used for spying / screening. He censored the nickname, but this alt was spotting / spying before Bermuda PB and was seen by many players (reported also by my clan members).

With our scouts we managed to pick up the first one and then screen him out of the port battle ourselves.

British Ensign (rank) alt on the Lynx. We can also accuse the other 2 RA accounts as he censored their nicknames and ships too. He clearly says "our scouts" which indicates plural.

K2ZjQjVu.jpeg

Edited by sruPL

1 hour ago, sruPL said:

What I see here, is alt abuse on the @Anolytic side. He admits in Tribunal that his / their British alt account was used for spying / screening. He censored the nickname, but this alt was spotting / spying before Bermuda PB and was seen by many players (reported also by my clan members).

British Ensign (rank) alt on the Lynx. We can also accuse the other 2 RA accounts as he censored their nicknames and ships too. He clearly says "our scouts" which indicates plural.

K2ZjQjVu.jpeg

Check it beofre write smth next time

on this topic: 

This players not communication with any players, we try. They just enter the game once(only for PB). Devs can easy check it i think..

Edited by DreamMaker

Captain brightlight had another two character names on his Steam ID in past but noone of them was reported in the trubunal.

Captain MargotHola did not have any other character in past and was not reported in the trubunal as well.