Game-Labs Forum

Vision of the PvE zone

So after reading some of the posts about how awful the PvE zone will be, I thought i'd have a go and try find a reasonable solution and get some opinions.

While the PvE and PvP communities will share the map I don't want to see harsh restrictions placed on either side, some ideas where blocking trades, no contracts and even a invisible boundary you can't pass.

I get that people are concerned about alts using it as a safe area for crafting, but it really won't be much different to what it is now.  I have alts, all in the same nation and have no problems moving anything from A-B, having them in a PvE area will only save a few minutes as I won't have a need to have a look around before sailing but I would be crazy not to use this new area.  

So we need to give a reason for PvPers, Crafters, Traders and even the PvE player to leave the protected areas and enter the real world so here it is a word we all love TAX, or some form of it.

• Everything within protected zone has increased prices and labor hour usage compared to the rest of the map
  • Crafting items and ships uses more labor hours
  • Crafting items and ships uses more materials and resources
  • Unique trade items, make it profitable to trade within and take goods out of the protected zone but not bring into it
  • Only National Region trims available inside

Although I haven't mentioned how much more expensive it should be, I'm thinking more than 50%.

My assumption is that the average PvE player will have more wealth due to just, well doing missions and trading, and also lose less ships so the increased cost won't have a huge affect on them it will just be normal.

The Alt will still have a safe place sure but is it worth the extra time and cost.

Slim but possible that some PvE players will leave protected zones for different trims, cheaper ships and materials or even to trade.

So that's one way I would like to see the new PvE zone implemented, I appreciate any and all comments I have no doubt  I missed something or its not to everyones liking but i just wanted to get it written down

Edited by Ravern
typo
  • Like 1

some interesting ideas which make sense since the pve zones, highly protected by the European powers, would likely tax the shit out those living in their ports.

You know those european and american money grubbin corrupt sons a tax'n the hell out the good folk, time for a rebellion and turn the whole map new colors!

Hah, just my plug for player made nations. :)

Edited by Rebel Witch