Game-Labs Forum

PVP Global Server - Nation/Clan Summit - April 1st

Christendom

13 hours ago, Christendom said:

Dear Keirrip,

You guys got what you wanted, a nice eurocentric server where you guys can have PBs for 4 hours and then log off and have a full refreshing nights rest.  It sounds delightfully boring to me, but to each his own right?  You have your special safe space American free zone, go enjoy it.  Now please go piss off and leave us be while we clean up the mess you guys left behind here.  I sincerely hope you enjoy that server in the short time it takes for the Danes or Swedes to bully up the french nation, you and I both know it's coming, and we'll save a nice empty french nation spot right here on ole PVP Global for you when you return.  We might even keep the power on for you.  

Best of luck!  Au revoir mes amis!
- All of PVP Global.

P.S. - Seriously dude, I hope to god they fix the logging off in front of ports and ship duping when the new patch hits.  If not, you're gonna need lots of luck.

The mess behind us? The mess we all faces put us in this situation to have 2 servers. The mess exist before. You are just doing now what should have been done before.

i can't speak for French people on this own but for'for'edr and edr won't probably have à French character on global.

I just hope the French don't become the new whipping boys of the eu server.

I wish you eu server players the best of luck. I'm sure many global players will pop in from time to time! Afterall nothing will happen until 7pm -10pm eu time!

12 hours ago, monk33y said:

With the removal of alliances after the upcoming wipe. Certain eastern alliance members from pvp eu1 will have a tricky situation to deal with! Who will the Danes and sweeds crush once they have captured next to empty us/gb ports!!

Which nation outside of the Danes are able to even field a full experienced fleet!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, monk33y said:

I just hope the French don't become the new whipping boys of the eu server.

I wish you eu server players the best of luck. I'm sure many global players will pop in from time to time! Afterall nothing will happen until 7pm -10pm eu time!

Are this time frame are official developers statement or you just speculate here?

Well my fellow (vocal group of) European players get bloody angry when they have to fight battles past 11pm gmt. And kick off when they have to fight while at work and school so that only leaves the 7-11 pm window left!! 

I'm sure they'll ask the Devs to put a hour shutdown in pbs around 8-9pm so they can eat dinner in peace!!

• 2 weeks later...

One important thing to remember with all this "Balancing" the Nations in the new "Global" server talk, is that there are two elements to consider in balancing: One is a Nation's Quantity of players, and the other is their Quality of players.  On PvP2, Great Britain may be the largest Nation by Quantity of players, but MANY are casual / Non-Port Battle players. 

I would argue that IF indeed the Pirates are a less numerous Nation, then their population is heavier in High Quality / Serious / Port Battle players.  The proof can be seen in the way that last year the Pirates went on an Anti-Great Britain vendetta, and one Ported Great Britain.  The reason USA and Great Britain formed their Alliance is because alone neither Nation could stand up to the Pirates.

To me the idea of an unwritten rule disallowing an Alliance between Great Britain and the USA may just kill off the server by making it an All Pirate play-ground...

What might be a better system is to try to urge ALL Nations NOT to engage in a Vendetta campaigns, in which they only attack / harass one single Nation.  I think the idea of having an unwritten rule that no Nation will ever be taken down below 5-7 Ports would also be advisable.

In any case, the Wipe should prove interesting, and hopefully enough players will either return or join fresh, and all of the "Re-Balancing" talk will be moot.