Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 -> PvP2 (aka Global) nation changes after the wipe

Well, the impending ship total resource wipe and server changes is going to cause players to consider what nation they plan on playing for on the PvP2/Global server.

I am already hearing rumblings and rumors of players switching - and that is good.  Providing we can balance the nations a little.

Currently on PvP2 we have the following approximate split of players.

Mega alliance (55%)

• USA 30%
  • GB 20%
  • Dutch 5%

Independent (20%)

• Pirate 20%

Small Nations who typically ally (25%)

• Dane 10%
  • Spain 5%
  • France 5%
  • Swede 5%

Many of the players on PvP1 who are going to switch to PvP2/Global are currently playing USA, and some are GB or Pirate.  From what I am reading (and hearing), most of the French and Dane PvP1 players are going to the Euro server.

If the players coming from PvP1 don't join the smaller nations, there will be a huge imbalance of players across the nations.

I know a few of the PvP2 players are considering nation changes too - but what I am hearing is fairly small scale moves that will help, but not really address the overall imbalance.

Selfishly I would like to see many more players come to France, but the key is to get as many players move to the small nations during this switch.  We all want PvP (except for a few care bears). 

I would like to get a feel for who is going where.  If you are willing to publicly declare...  let's hear. I will post the combined information here.

If you don't want to post publicly, send me a message and I will just use numbers, no names.

Edited by ElricTheTwo
  • Like 3

Untill the following questions have been answered i personally do not have an answer to this question. 

1. We don't know if the current server locations will change.
2. We don't know which server will have the most players. (Matters alot to those of us mostly interested in OW PvP). 

All in all, OCEAN does not know what we will do as of right now. 
The only thing we do know is that we will join Pirates no matter which server we join. (With Pirate v Pirate mechanics being implemented this should give us the most targets on OW.) 

Ofcourse, individual members of OCEAN are free to do whatever they like. :D

• Like 1

I assume the Dutch of pvp2 will stay Dutch for the most part. We are open though I believe. Trying to set up a meeting to give more definative answers.

PS: to the clsns that are planning on going to servers where they believe the most pvp will be just remember this. You are more than likely not the only ones thinking this. If you stay on Global you contribute to the servers numbers and as a result the PvP. So more people staying on Global, the larger population we will have, and the more PvP in return.

Edited by Davos Seasworth
  • Like 3

As I have said on other threads.

BORK is being recreated as a good number of old friends are coming back to the game after the Server Merge/Patch. a good 10-15 US based players will be playing Sweden once more. We are open to working with existing Swedish players and players who decide to come join the nation from the larger groups.

• Like 2

The clan meeting may identify the intent of the large blocks of players , but there are considerable numbers of  independent players in small clans that are looking to change nation.

In France on PvP2 there are the following clans with 1-3 players on most weeks:  SD, LMF, ASC, GB, FTC, POOP.

Only SINK (17 active this week) & OCEAN have more than 5 active players.

2 hours ago, ElricTheTwo said:

The clan meeting may identify the intent of the large blocks of players , but there are considerable numbers of  independent players in small clans that are looking to change nation.

In France on PvP2 there are the following clans with 1-3 players on most weeks:  SD, LMF, ASC, GB, FTC, POOP.

Only SINK (17 active this week) & OCEAN have more than 5 active players.

Wait what. 
OCEAN on PvP 2? 

• Like 2

Just now, Davos Seasworth said:

there is a slight delay between your command and firing in battle. But it is something that can easily be managed around.

So far didn't really feel it other than the normal delay as per mechanics.

Even on the PB at Pitre with all the players didn't feel anything different compared to PvP One :)

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:09 PM, TommyShelby said:

Untill the following questions have been answered i personally do not have an answer to this question. 

1. We don't know if the current server locations will change.
2. We don't know which server will have the most players. (Matters alot to those of us mostly interested in OW PvP). 

All in all, OCEAN does not know what we will do as of right now. 
The only thing we do know is that we will join Pirates no matter which server we join. (With Pirate v Pirate mechanics being implemented this should give us the most targets on OW.) 

Ofcourse, individual members of OCEAN are free to do whatever they like. :D

This. I thought PVP2 server was merging into PVP1 (Global) and new server was going to be the EU based server but I guess it is not clear.

3 hours ago, van der Decken said:

For myself, it will depend on which server I have the better ping. If it's 100-140 at login screen, I will know in game it will provide terrible lag spikes. Whichever server I choose I will continue to be Dutch.

Back to whether the locations will change or if current pvp2 becomes the global server.  I have only ever played on PVP1 (Germany) getting ping of 99-120 (generally higher at login than in game). I only have a lag problem during 25 v 25 lineship PB.

Really the only way it will make sense for the Global is basically a "new" server located in the US. Players from PVP1 and PVP2 who don't want to be restricted to Euro times will merge together onto this new server with a map reset and opportunity for a nation switch.

Guest sruPL
On 23.03.2017 at 6:38 PM, Intrepido said:

Main RvR clan from Spain and Sweden are also joining the EU server.

So, you are going to fight more Dutch, GB and US players. Prepare to the true zerg.

You mean VLTRA, FDT were not true zergs ganking all day long?

Putting server in US is not the best solution. Server must be positioned in the place good for European, American and Australian players... 

About GB nation, a large number of Germans and Italians might be moving to EU server (just a guess) as they don't have global clans.

Edited by sruPL

7 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

Wait what. 
OCEAN on PvP 2? 

A french clan, but I don't think you will have a problem with that tag after the reset.  It was kinda suppose to been a joke when certain nations saw it and than go, "CRAP OCEAN IS HERE."  *whistles innocently*

7 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Think might be a situation similar to BLACK.

There's one BLACK per server :)

There can only be one BLACK....we plan to rush and claim it upon the reset as fast as we can before that other one can try.

7 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

Yeah i'm chatting with Elric now on PvP 2. 

This will be an issue once the wipe happens...

I would assume all clan tags will be wiped so it will once again be first come first serve.  Also knwo they are only locked for that nation unless something has changed.  Never tested this out but might have to see if you can have the same clan tag in more than one nation.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

There can only be one BLACK....we plan to rush and claim it upon the reset as fast as we can before that other one can try.

I would be disappointed if you guys lost the BLACK nametag. You guys made it iconic for yourselves and I hope to see it continue as such.

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I would assume all clan tags will be wiped so it will once again be first come first serve.

From what I have been told, yes. Already told my clanmates to work on putting our money together quickly. 

4 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

I would be disappointed if you guys lost the BLACK nametag. You guys made it iconic for yourselves and I hope to see it continue as such.

So did the BLACK clan on PvP 1. 
And they were around long before the PvP 2 BLACK clan. 

Doesn't seem fair to the PvP 1 BLACK clan does it? :)

• Like 6