Game-Labs Forum

Important news: First full asset wipe & Exclusive early access frigate.

Those are good and bad news.

People wanting the wipe mostly selfishly due to lack of gameplay and disbalance between nation powers. I understand that and also support wipe idea. However think that it came too early.

The conquest have not been done and sealed yet and to make regions (that have impact on the economy) protected or vulnerable we need proper conquest.

PBs are not done yet. I hope with all my heart that they are not going to stay as they are.

Economy... well there is NO economy in the game apart from disbalanced prices on materials vs crafting vs ship costs and NPC goods hauling from A to B.

On top of that we dont have crafting mechanics done too and those should also be a big part of economy.

Is there balanced Supply vs Demand? Also no.

So what are we really testing apart from giving people a fresh start again? Yeah ok lets start over, but there will be nothing new in the results. 

So what does this mean? Expect another test wipe after they realize that the this one came a bit too soon.

Edited by koltes
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, admin said:

Hello Captains. 
This is an important announcement on the asset wipe.  

Most importantly - your xp is safe. 

Bad news 
All assets (including money) will have to be removed from the game. We tried hard to find the way to keep the assets, but unfortunately due to the sheer volume of resources accumulated during experiments (which sometimes provided too much money or resources or both). In addition to that keeping resources will not allow us to properly test the economy changes, ship changes (including 1 durability), upgrade changes, npc resource distribution. All assets will be removed. We will provide 4 ships of various rank as redeemables to all players to give some head start. 

Good news
We mentioned some time ago (several times) that all participants of the early access will receive rewards for all the pains endured during this hazardous voyage. Today we can announce a first exclusive reward (there could be more) that all players who have owned the game during early access will receive. 

Pandora - beautiful, fast and agile light frigate famous for the search for the Bounty after her mutiny. 
veKKwIC.jpg

The ship will be delivered on release of the game or maybe earlier (for testing). It will be added to redeemables in one of two forms (we do not yet know which and will provide more information on this closer to release) un-tradeable permanent blueprint, or an eternal redeemable ship similar to the yacht. 

Timeline (timelines are not final)

1. Series of patches will be applied to testbed by the 10th of April (last patch to testbed was applied on 27th Feb)
  2. Asset wipe by 19th of April
  3. Preparation of the server merges and reorganization by 19th of April
  4. Opening of servers 19th-20th April

We understand that the action we take could be painful but it is absolutely needed for proper testing of the game before the release. 
Thank you for your attention.

Yay!!!!!!!!

Wipe... baby!!! It's nice to know the schedule!! 

And thank you very much for the redeemables and for the special ship upon release!!! You are very kind!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Liquicity said:

What's the point in playing a game in the first place? what's the point of living a life? Dude, have some fun, thats what it's ALL about

i guess you missed the point, i had fun crafting and collecting and such, but like i said, a waste of MY time, didn't say your time, so dont waste MY time with your opinion!

6 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Use the assets you've acquired, make ships, go out and fight in them?

been there, done that, boring....................

Sold all ships at 6 Gold per piece, all ressources and mats.

Gifted 132 mill. Gold to the one who said "you are the nicest person on this server!".

Yes, one can buy love!

The 132 mill. is proof, that there is/was a serious problem with inflation.

And, I don´t see they have acquired the tools/knowledge to tackle the trade issue, not talking of real pirates...

We´ll see...

The downside of such announcements is, too much time until.

After player drop out, they likely come back in a short period.

I know, it is not important for the game release, sales count.

But, it is not playable/testable with 300 players logged in....especially economy.

• Like 1

To ensure a healthy continuation of all discussions everywhere in this forum the personal remarks should be avoided and leave all room to opinions, not the person.

Them comments might seem innocent, and many are, but can ignite flaming and none of us NA forum users want that.

Stand to stations. We are coming about !

• Like 2

We are absolutely overwhelmed with 5th rate ships. Please give more attention to ships of the line. I.e. 3rd rates, 2nd rates and 1st rates please !!!

Reasons:

There is essentially 1 3rd rate. The 3rd rate is a Bellona and a Bellona is a 3rd rate. Same ship essentially so we only really have 1 to choose from. No variation there.

2nd rates, let's face it almost everyone will choose the Buc over a pavel. Hardly any variation.

1st rates. Good variation in terms of ship characteristics across 3 ships, but just not enough choices to choose from. And this assumes you have the L'Ocean BP, so as a realistic case scenario you have the option for 2 ships to craft or sail.

Edited by Jean Pual Vilvenue
  • Like 3

While i look forward to come and play this game again when the next patch hits I find it somewhat sad that u do not wipe the XP.

The grind to get to the higher level ships was something i enjoyed it gave u something to look forwards to and in the mean while achieve small/big victories in smaller ships

wipe it all please

10 minutes ago, SoulPYTHON said:

While i look forward to come and play this game again when the next patch hits I find it somewhat sad that u do not wipe the XP.

The grind to get to the higher level ships was something i enjoyed it gave u something to look forwards to and in the mean while achieve small/big victories in smaller ships

wipe it all please

The grind for a lot of players may not as been enjoyable, especially for those who can't spend endless hours a day playing. They could really piss of some players if they wipe XP. That and for a long time the devs stated they want avoid an XP wipe if it's at all feasible.

The risk may not be worth it in the eyes of the dev team.

9 hours ago, Wraith said:

Great news! I'll be looking forward to testing all of it. Thanks for the information.

Is there any chance we might see the current test-bed changes on the main servers before that? It would be nice to test those with a larger number of players...

9 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

Good news indeed. 

As for test-bed stuff, erhm, i'm all for those things except the "Structure" feature. :P 

But yeah, none the less Wraith has a good point, the test-bed stuff should probably be moved to the main servers for a final round of testing before the wipe.

Sounds like a great idea to me

3 hours ago, airwolf666 said:

i guess you missed the point, i had fun crafting and collecting and such, but like i said, a waste of MY time, didn't say your time, so dont waste MY time with your opinion!

been there, done that, boring....................

I think no one is missing your point, but the most of us in disagreement with your opinion. This game is not released yet. You have bought this game clearly knowing that the game is in development.  You have purchased it before the release to have an early access. Stop complaining that someone wasted your time. If you did not clearly understood the deal of early access and the consequences of playing the game during its development then you have wasted your own time and it is your fault. No one is guilty in that but yourself. If you don't like that, take a break and comeback once game is released.

I'm loosing 300 mil in gold and assets and not complaining about my times wasted. I'm actually grateful for an opportunity to play 1800 hours in the Caribbean environment I always dreamed to play. Can't remember playing anything for that long in the last 10 years.

3 hours ago, kapteinsnabeltann said:

Well, I'm glad I'm not one of those players who have 100 mill in my account now:) 

to bad you go back on the rescourses, but you are forgiven since you had your reasons.

Will have a lot of fun before the whip ?

Keep up the good work ✌️

There is actually few of us so yeah the wipe is needed to test the economy. However new mechanics added to the economy have not been tested properly yet. I guarantee you that we will find lots of exploits in the first weeks, which will negatively affect the economy and will require another wipe again to test it properly. I still think the asset wipe came too soon. They should have release the economy and let us play its money making mechanics. Address all the inevitable issues and then the next month do the full wipe.
You might find that people who sit on 100s of millions today, will be sitting on them again in a matter of months.

2 hours ago, Wilson09 said:

The 132 mill. is proof, that there is/was a serious problem with inflation.

And, I don´t see they have acquired the tools/knowledge to tackle the trade issue, not talking of real pirates...

We´ll see...

This.
What I have seen so far (including on the testbed server) there is not enough done to prevent inflation, so your unrealistic prices will still become unrealistic soon enough.

• Like 6

Initial personal response...arggg spent the last two weeks building a billion ship parts in readiness for ship wipe.

Few mins later. Looking forward to clean start. With the server/split merge melarkie it really is the only way.

Can you consider making sure there are noob friendly delivery missions (many require high end traders ot 234 hours).

So basically the April Release will be :

Whatever is on Test Server + Server Merge/Split + Mega Wipe.

Can you confirm you WILL NOT have a PB timelock on global please. If its global its global.

• Like 6

If you're going to do a big server reset, there's something I'd like to address.  This game advertises itself as a "tall ship combat" game and there are many new players that would love to try getting into a square-rigger and firing off broadsides at an enemy.

The problem is that new players start the game and the best they can use is the highly volatile and difficult to sail basic cutter.

I'd like to recommend some provision be made to allow first time players to immediately be able to sail some kind of a square-rigger; even a small one.  Just so that they can get that delivery on what the game advertises.... tall-ships combat.

• Like 1

Can you give us a statement on what will happen to blueprints with this wipe? will they also be taken away? or will we keep them? And if we do keep them, for those of us who played on PVE, will we be able to get them back as redeemables on whichever server we choose to play on once PVE is gone?

Patch sounds good, a wipe is fine with me, good to test with. Happy rank XP is not being wiped. One thing, what about outposts we have, will we keep those?

Now, not to beg...but...before the wipe, can you please give out the Santa Cecilia BP to all players? Or at least give us a redeembable one to play with? You rarely hear of people who have and sail them regularly, and many of us on PVP2, even the old timers, haven't sailed one or even seen one in a long time. I'd absolutely love to get to sail one. I'll take mine Bermuda Cedar Speed Pirate Refit, please and thank you. 

GIVE ME A SANTA CECILIA! please :)

• Like 4