Game-Labs Forum

Important news: First full asset wipe & Exclusive early access frigate.

New ships models are definately a strength for this game, as they look really good and even better after each new one. The more the better and I really hope you still have plenty still waiting to be included in the game :) It would be even better if early models would be updated to later standards, expecially for the rigging and cordage details.

The asset wipe is needed for proper testing and will actually help players to switch nation without losing much, but I'm still deeply worried by the proposed "server reorganisation". I still can't see how replacing the large EU player base with the tiny PVP 2 player base will do any good to the so called "global server". 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Crafting level remains. Hence the ability to build ships.

As the entire system is under rework the ships schematics ( BPs ) will be readily available by crafting experience, basically becoming redundant.

Notable exception being the Admiralty ships.

That actually sounds like a great thing. I'm hyped boii

• Like 1

It sounds like all we keep is xp/craft level....no gold/no BP, no mats/no ships/no upgrades.........all sounds good to me. Thanks for the info.

4 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

We should have a big PVP fest until the wipe now... Nobody has to care about resources, ships etc...

unless they reset the ports i still care about those :P  announce that the ports will be reset too and i'm all in

Edited by Augustus Charles Hobart H

24 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Crafting level remains. Hence the ability to build ships.

As the entire system is under rework the ships schematics ( BPs ) will be readily available by crafting experience, basically becoming redundant.

Notable exception being the Admiralty ships.

Admiralty ships? please explain. 

This is all fantastic news. In the short term I can enjoy the game more by using my assets for ships and combat. In the medium term we get a proper test with everyone on equal footing again. Finally in the long term we get a pretty ship at release!

1 minute ago, fox2run said:

Admiralty ships? please explain. 

Timeline (timelines are not final)

Series of patches will be applied to testbed by the 10th of April (last patch to testbed was applied on 27th Feb)

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/forum/60-patch-notes/

Check the testbed patches and refer to Admiralty notes ?

1 hour ago, Kpt Lautenschlaeger said:

I like it. With 4 gratis boats, we don't have to grind to get out of the cutter, that's all that bothered me so far.

I only see the Pandora as reward. What are the other three bosts that will remain after big wipe. were these given to early early adopters?

will we keep blueprints for these reward boats too?

thank you all. looking forward to the wipe and start anew

2 hours ago, admin said:

Hello Captains. 
This is an important announcement on the asset wipe.  

Most importantly - your xp is safe. 

Bad news 
All assets (including money) will have to be removed from the game. We tried hard to find the way to keep the assets, but unfortunately due to the sheer volume of resources accumulated during experiments (which sometimes provided too much money or resources or both). In addition to that keeping resources will not allow us to properly test the economy changes, ship changes (including 1 durability), upgrade changes, npc resource distribution. All assets will be removed. We will provide 4 ships of various rank as redeemables to all players to give some head start. 

Good news
We mentioned some time ago (several times) that all participants of the early access will receive rewards for all the pains endured during this hazardous voyage. Today we can announce a first exclusive reward (there could be more) that all players who have owned the game during early access will receive. 

Pandora - beautiful, fast and agile light frigate famous for the search for the Bounty after her mutiny. 
veKKwIC.jpg

The ship will be delivered on release of the game or maybe earlier (for testing). It will be added to redeemables in one of two forms (we do not yet know which and will provide more information on this closer to release) un-tradeable permanent blueprint, or an eternal redeemable ship similar to the yacht. 

Timeline (timelines are not final)

1. Series of patches will be applied to testbed by the 10th of April (last patch to testbed was applied on 27th Feb)
  2. Asset wipe by 19th of April
  3. Preparation of the server merges and reorganization by 19th of April
  4. Opening of servers 19th-20th April

We understand that the action we take could be painful but it is absolutely needed for proper testing of the game before the release. 
Thank you for your attention.

I think more good news. Let get on with the new equal playing field start.

All assets> Will we loose our craft status?  will we loose our blueprints?  Thank you again for moving on.

11 minutes ago, flewfy1 said:

Good news

But i still have 1 qustion

What is going to happen with the clans

are thay going to be wiped to?

Would be a good idea to wipe all clans so nations can "reorganise" better afterwards. Will be plenty of new people and people comming back I imagine, possible some nation switches maybe.

2 minutes ago, The Spud said:

Would be a good idea to wipe all clans so nations can "reorganise" better afterwards. Will be plenty of new people and people comming back I imagine, possible some nation switches maybe.

i think 90% will join its original clan

• Like 1