Game-Labs Forum

Important news: First full asset wipe & Exclusive early access frigate.

@adminWith the wipe/changes to the servers. Can you commit to fixing/changing the lock out timer to allow the US based players to participate in PBs during their prime time 9pm - 1am EST (1am - 5am GMT). If not can you please elaborate? 

Edited by Daguse
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sruPL said:

Regarding to all questions about blueprints, admin said somewhere that all the blueprint system will be reworked.

Yet this was before this new announcement, right? Hence the asking of the question yet again.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TaranisPrime said:

Will outposts survive?  Or do we have to spend hours sailing across the map again just to get ports again?

Would it be possible for players to be able to pick "up to X number of redeemables"?  I mean giving a level 4 captain a 2nd rate he can't sail for quite a while, may not be as nice as allowing them to pick ships they would like to redeem.

I'm going to bet it's going to be just like if you delete your char and make a new one.  You log in make your char and get some redeemables and only have the base BP's.   Which is going to suck, but they are reworking the BP system too with this patch so we might not be to bad off.

34 minutes ago, Kpt Lautenschlaeger said:

I like it. With 4 gratis boats, we don't have to grind to get out of the cutter, that's all that bothered me so far.

Redeemable ships carry no guns :) You still have to make some missions or a trade run to grab some to buy the cannon.

• Like 2

Just now, Hethwill said:

Redeemable ships carry no guns :) You still have to make some missions or a trade run to grab some to buy the cannon.

Well I did make 2.4 million one Sun morning with nothing but a Basic cutter, captured Trader Snow and some store bought ships one day on PvP1 after deleting and rerolling a char so it might not be to hard depending on the new system.  Maybe they give us a little starting money to with the redeemable for such things.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, admin said:

[....]

Timeline (timelines are not final)

1. Asset wipe by 19th of April
  2. Preparation of the server merges and reorganization by 19th of April
  3. Opening of servers 19th-20th April

[...]

Just to be clear - is this timeline for the test bed server as well - or is it the planned timeline for production?  We have after all not yet seen the last patch in production - and its been a few weeks.

• Like 1

I remember before the map wipe we had the 100 flags campaign. If I understand correctly we keep crafting XP so spending our materials to rank up friends and allies is worthile.

Therefore I hereby announce the 10 000 lynxes campaign.

I fully expect every harbour to be flooded with lynxes for sale.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm going to bet it's going to be just like if you delete your char and make a new one.  You log in make your char and get some redeemables and only have the base BP's.   Which is going to suck, but they are reworking the BP system too with this patch so we might not be to bad off.

I agree that this is the most likely scenario - it would be nice of the devs to give a little consideration to travel time on this map to first setup one's ports.  Happy to have done it the first time - but its gets old fast.  There should be redeemable outposts as well.

1 minute ago, Anolytic said:

If I understand correctly we keep crafting XP so spending our materials to rank up friends and allies is worthile.

Just waiting for confirmation on that so that I can donate all of my notes and goods to new players (or, well, anyone who doesn't have max crafting level). If we don't, I guess it will have to go towards mass-producing and giving away free 5th rates for the small battle event :P

8 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Well I did make 2.4 million one Sun morning with nothing but a Basic cutter, captured Trader Snow and some store bought ships one day on PvP1 after deleting and rerolling a char so it might not be to hard depending on the new system.  Maybe they give us a little starting money to with the redeemable for such things.

Nah. Let's re-roll clean. Ain't hard at all even with the upcoming changes already deployed on the testbed.

20th April we must come back with a completely different mindset. Also a good opportunity for many, less adventurous, captains to make the nation change they were planning for months but never was "possible".

Also the way I read:

All assets including money. To me that means ALL assets including money. I think there's no need for Admin to go through every single "asset" and specify.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

20th April we must come back with a completely different mindset. Also a good opportunity for many, less adventurous, captains to make the nation change they were planning for months but never was "possible".

We need to get a confirmation on the blueprints.. will they be wiped or stored with the account? Because if they keep them in and they still disappear if you switch nations... not many will move because of that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OlavDeng2 said:

Speaking from experiance of last time, 1 month is not enough time to organize it, accept entries and do the tournament it self.

On the other hand - there should be no difficulty collecting donations for the "reward" -- cough --  ;)

My only fear is what happens last big patch.  They said it will come in a week or so, didn't come.  Took almost a whole month before it dropped, but that whole time just about every one stopped playing so the game got very dead.  This is why some of us want the current stuff on testbed to be brought to the live servers so we have something new to play with until the wipe and new patch.  Hell it's all going to be wiped any way can you give every one all the BP's so we can all have the ships and play with them for the next month.  This is including the SC as it's very rare on PvP2 since we don't get any tournaments or pay outs of them by dev teams.

• Like 2