Game-Labs Forum

Important news: First full asset wipe & Exclusive early access frigate.

Guest sruPL

"Bad News" sound actually like a Good News instead. Big +++ for the "start up" pack in the beginning for players, starting from scratch would be harsh and make lots of players quit. 

Edited by sruPL

Thank you, this is the information I was craving for.

We will provide 4 ships of various rank as redeemables to all players to give some head start. 

This is more than good for us to NOT start with all the resources that we will "lose."

I for one am really looking forward to this next patch!

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 9

I'm cool with all this, but is there any way we can get some of the stuff currently on testbed out on the live servers out on a patch.   Like the Pirate vs Pirate stuff.  The new ship structure stuff.  The Admiralty store stuff even though we know it's only a few items, but we can go live on testing the points and marks you get until the full wipe and patch comes.  We haven't had any new content in 3 1/2 months an now we are going to be waiting not a week or two, but pretty much another full month for full wipe and new content.

• Like 6

Guest sruPL

The real question is what about maps after servers merge? At this point the activity before the wipe will drastically fall and the regions / ports will be easy chance to grab for the greedy group of players that want to have a head start on the new server. Using "mirror" option for the servers is not the best idea especially considering the full assets wipe. Maps on 2 different servers should not be linked to each other in any way.

5 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Thanks for the news!

I think I'll try to start from scratch anyways and keep the redeemables. :)

I assume one will be a trader so that one might get redeemed and depending on the builds I'll prob be doing the same as you.  Start from scratch, but I know how my clan is about resources so we prob be pumping ships out pretty quick for each other once we get them back.  Might not be 1st rates but it will be ships lol

No worries, I will print fresh cash in no time. 

un-tradeable permanent blueprint - this is the best option because it requires materials. This is somewhat beneficial compared to just redeemables. Make sure you add it to very rare drop for all players after release, so those who got it for free won't become billionaires because only they can craft and sell such ship. 

Pandora

6QDh9rp.jpg

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, sruPL said:

The real question is what about maps after servers merge? At this point the activity before the wipe will drastically fall and the regions / ports will be easy chance to grab for the greedy group of players that want to have a head start on the new server. Using "mirror" option for the servers is not the best idea especially considering the full assets wipe. Maps on 2 different servers should not be linked to each other in any way.

I would assume with the wipe that means every one can just log into PvP Global or PvP EU and make there new chars of the nation they want and start fresh and the map will be reset with the new PvE Zone changes.   Though doing Lineshipe battles might be interesting with the forts/tower changes and most folks will be in frigates to grab those first few regions/ports...lol

• Like 1