Game-Labs Forum

a posible solutions to flips to no split servers

1 no more Alliances

2 vote to declare war to only one nation and cant be at war with more than one

3 in port battles only can join players of this nations at war.

4 one radius of 10/20 km at port in battle in wich other nations cant figth to avoid that another nations help to other. In this radius only can fight nations at war.

5. All nations must have a minimun of ports that i cant be taken. We dont need see agains nations with only 4 like Spain, US or holland, a few month ago.

I think that we cant forbide nightflips, but almost all can do the same. So not necesary split servers and all together in global .

Sorry for my bad english i hope you understand what i write

12 minutes ago, Alado said:

1 no more Alliances

3 in port battles only can join players of this nations at war.

4 one radius of 10/20 km at port in battle in wich other nations cant figth to avoid that another nations help to other. In this radius only can fight nations at war.

5. All nations must have a minimun of ports that i cant be taken. We dont need see agains nations with only 4 like Spain, US or holland, a few month ago.

I think that we cant forbide nightflips, but almost all can do the same. So not necesary split servers and all together in global .

We need the alliance system.  Most nations cannot fully field a 25man PB fleet without ally assistance these days.  If we don't have an alliance system we need to have the port timer system where nations could at least be protected when they are least vulnerable.

• Like 1

We dont need Alliance, we vote for declare war at only one nation, for a determinate time, and every nations only can loose a few ports. And if this nation lost all this few conquistable ports, only can receive raids. 

If we have Alliance, we have the same problem, servers splits, servers witout players and the best game of ships dead before release. We need solutions now

25 minutes ago, Alado said:

1 no more Alliances (This is a problem as smaller nations will get steamrolled by any group that can constantly field 25+)

3 in port battles only can join players of this nations at war. (I am guessing that this implies that a nation can only join PB's that involve themselves or the nation they are at war with, which is in effect allying with the nation that is also at war with the same nation they are)

I have stated before that the easiest way to remove nightflips was to have 3 servers each allowing PB's only during a specific 8 hour window. Players would join the server that fits their schedule. This way no one can say that a portbattle is occurring during a time that they are sleeping because if it is, they are on the wrong server.

Server layout suggestion.

US-1  PB's timer from GMT 23:00 to GMT 07:00

EU-1 PB timer from GMT 07:00 to GMT 15:00

AUS-1 PB timer from GMT 15:00 to GMT 23:00

3 minutes ago, Raekur said:

I have stated before that the easiest way to remove nightflips was to have 3 servers each allowing PB's only during a specific 8 hour window. Players would join the server that fits their schedule. This way no one can say that a portbattle is occurring during a time that they are sleeping because if it is, they are on the wrong server.

Server layout suggestion.

US-1  PB's timer from GMT 23:00 to GMT 07:00

EU-1 PB timer from GMT 07:00 to GMT 15:00

AUS-1 PB timer from GMT 15:00 to GMT 23:00

I hope you're joking, because there is no playerbase to fill 1 server now and on top of that EU timers GMT 07:00 to GMT 15:00 is a joke.

• Like 1

Towards only being able to declare war on one nation.

For example, US declares war upon Denmark (does this lock Denmark into a war with the US or can they declare war on a different nation?) Can other nations declare war upon the same nation. Can Britain, French, Spanish, and Denmark all declare war on the US? If the war is not seen as both ways..in effect the US is at war with 4 nations then that means that the 4 nations can attack the US but the US can only attack 1 of the 4. With no alliances, what is to stop a large nation from driving a nation to near extinction and then moving on to another since other nations can not band together to help protect the smaller nations?

1 minute ago, Captain Alexander said:

I hope you're joking, because there is no playerbase to fill 1 server now and on top of that EU timers GMT 07:00 to GMT 15:00 is a joke.

Fine, call it PVP1 PVP2 and PVP3 for all i care..it was the time slots not location that mattered.

9 minutes ago, Raekur said:

Towards only being able to declare war on one nation.

For example, US declares war upon Denmark (does this lock Denmark into a war with the US or can they declare war on a different nation?) Can other nations declare war upon the same nation. Can Britain, French, Spanish, and Denmark all declare war on the US? If the war is not seen as both ways..in effect the US is at war with 4 nations then that means that the 4 nations can attack the US but the US can only attack 1 of the 4. With no alliances, what is to stop a large nation from driving a nation to near extinction and then moving on to another since other nations can not band together to help protect the smaller nations?

a nation will only be at war against only one. No Alliances.

17 minutes ago, Raekur said:

This is a problem as smaller nations will get steamrolled by any group that can constantly field 25+)

That is why I say that a nation can only lose a few ports, for example 5, and once lost, only raids can be launched on their ports.
21 minutes ago, Raekur said:

(I am guessing that this implies that a nation can only join PB's that involve themselves or the nation they are at war with, which is in effect allying with the nation that is also at war with the same nation they are

only one nation at war, no allies

So if the US declares war on France, you are saying that France has no choice on who they want to fight? If they do have a choice and France wants to fight Spain, then how will the grid look? US at war with France and France at war with Spain? You have France at war with 2 nations or you have a nation that has the choice forced upon them.

Doesn't matter now. Damage has been done. Devs have shown they favour EU Eastern Alliance players over the rest of the server, so the large majority of people I play with in the West have more or less decided to stop playing and switch to other games.

18 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Damage has been done. Devs have shown they favour EU Eastern Alliance players over the rest of the server.

Omg, please devs apologize to this poor offended man. Return the money, the pacifier, the bottle and the diapers.

Are there really people who have no life beyond the pc? mate go out to the street, look for a girl or a boy, a good beer and have a good night.

My point stands, Alado. 

To play Naval Action now, at least the RvR aspect, for the majority of mainstream Western Alliance players is a chore. There's no incentive to play until the devs go ahead with the server wipes/changes/merges/call it what you will.

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Doesn't matter now. Damage has been done. Devs have shown they favour EU Eastern Alliance players over the rest of the server, so the large majority of people I play with in the West have more or less decided to stop playing and switch to other games.

I think they where going to make a post of updated info today and taking out the alliance was part of that, but when they got the backlash suddenly no info update today and they go silent.

13 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I think they where going to make a post of updated info today and taking out the alliance was part of that, but when they got the backlash suddenly no info update today and they go silent.

I give the devs a lot of credit for stating their intentions and giving us the opportunity to offer a different perspective. The land grant idea sounded good to them, but then valid concerns were raised about denying port buildings to PvE players and they reconsidered.

• Like 1

Just now, Angus McGregor said:

I give the devs a lot of credit for stating their intentions and giving us the opportunity to offer a different perspective. The land grant idea sounded good to them, but then valid concerns were raised about denying port buildings to PvE players and they reconsidered.

I actually liked the land grant concept but just think it was bad timing. Maybe later on it would of been a good thing to bring into the game.  I really think they should put small things in while they work the big things.  Like most the stuff in current test bed prob can be brought into live server.   Than folks will be more willing to wieght.  That and they some times just need to post the stuff and be over with it.   I do notice they have a Q&A section in the Russian part of the forums they tend to answer.   I watch it cause I been getting more data on this patch from it than in the main area. Something like that would prob help.  Cause the biggest problem is they leave a lot of things unanswered and folks just waiting.  The wait game is a killer for players.  We are a bunch of spoiled brats at times.

• Like 2