Game-Labs Forum

Devs can't add more NPCs to the OS, well how about this?

Taken from a different post:

Hello Captains

Alliances automated politics turning them into automated voting systems 
Alliances have benefits (for example participation in port battles) but it has removed social gameplay from the game. Agreements, negotiations, conversations, betrayals were all removed when alliances were introduced. It also created certain dynamics that limit pvp and surprisingly worsen pve for new players. This problem is exaggerated by the fact that bots were changed to support hostility (high end gameplay) and ruined gameplay for low level players who cannot find enemies in their spawn zones for hours (unless they mindlessly grind missions). 

So, let's say our Fleet is a Grenade. We all know that grenades explode and launch 100s of tiny sharp pieces in all directions. To make life easier for you bring 'grenade' system to Naval Action. Let's say I've spotted a 6 ship fleet and I hit it. Suddenly this battle spawns another 6 random open battles that players can join, but for me they will be closed because me and my group were the ones who triggered it. Such battles would contain random ship pairs - 2vs? 3vs? 4vs?  and would be spread out in quiet large diameter circle.... ? You are now not only supporting hostility system, but you also give players something to do. No wait time - more game time. 

Benefits:

a) you don't have to physically place sailing NPCs, only spawn open instances.

b} you are providing open battles to players and saving your previous system tha tyou are again dumping in the garbage.  

TO6QO5l.jpg

Simply let NPCs wait for players in battle. Keep battles open until main 6vs6 fleet is in battle or give fleet battles (fragments) 30 min join timer. Once main group finished fighting or 30 min timer is up remove battles with no players in them and close those that have players in them. 

Is this too difficult for you?

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 2