Game-Labs Forum

To US on PVP2

JobaSet

You have forced our Hand.  You were warned and did nothing because you suck, We get it. We did everything in our power to Have port battles after 8 edt even stopping when we could not get it done in prime time slot. Pissing a lot of our Aussy off. But no more

The utter lack of Fighting and skill from you guys @ little harbor 25US ver 15.  Running away is not PVP. Shooting crew like you did I get. But then run Like little girls. We are over it. Prepare to be Utterly destroyed. We are going to set the East coast a blaze. You let your British Masters lead you to your death.

Well Call on all small Nations for support.  Yea the US will love getting up early guys. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

LOL what is this even about? So much whine over some pixels... whoever you are should go join the Danes on PvP-Euro, you'll fit right in.

No what it is, is The US on PVP2 suck so bad that we(Pirates) agreed in house as Pirates to do port battle at prim time only 2 give them a Fighting Chance.  So we could have max number of 15-20 black and they could have 40-60. We still win. All good right. The care bear nation cant handle it so now they are flipping port when people at work. The problem they Don't seem to understand is we have Aussys too,So we are just going to just take the coast from them and not care what time it is. So when the PVE stuff comes in they will have almost nothing

Ah yes. I called this after the US-Pirate "agreement," I told them optimistically they would have a month before they got rolled. I hate how accurate I am. anyways, best of luck to both sides on this conflict, do to in game mechanics I don't believe us Dutch will be able to assist the US in another easy steam roll by the pirates. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Ah yes. I called this after the US-Pirate "agreement," I told them optimistically they would have a month before they got rolled. I hate how accurate I am. anyways, best of luck to both sides on this conflict, do to in game mechanics I don't believe us Dutch will be able to assist the US in another easy steam roll by the pirates. 

US/BRIT/DUTCH (since ya'll will be back in the alliance) shouldn't be getting rolled when they can bring 30-40 people to port battles.  We can't bring more than 25.  So it's not our fault they are getting rolled.

I'm not upset with the time the PB was and I couldn't make it.  Some reason I had it as being 6:20pm when it was actually 5:20pm for me so I was late.  A fight is a fight.  Though hay if they want to hit odd times than we can go back to doing that too.   Nothing big might as well fight and lose our ships before the wipe any way.   

52 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Yea but we will keep one eye on u down south

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

LOL what is this even about? So much whine over some pixels... whoever you are should go join the Danes on PvP-Euro, you'll fit right in.

Haven't you noticed the threads about how the US (...oh the irony) is complaining about getting nightflipped by Aussies (and Im guessing the Chinese too) ?

Oh I forgot, it's an "EU thing" and "at least at 3am you can fight, work flips are way worse". But they're lucky, at least they're doing it from a position of weakness against the hug-fest of the US+GB+Dutch on that server, instead of doing both as it is on PvP1.

But see, that's the beauty of getting to test new things, you guys are about to experience what it's really like. Unless, of course, you decide to hug it out as well and stop bothering with real conquest in favour of just staging a few fights over some meaningless ports instead.

7 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Haven't you noticed the threads about how the US (...oh the irony) is complaining about getting nightflipped by Aussies (and Im guessing the Chinese too) ?

Oh I forgot, it's an "EU thing" and "at least at 3am you can fight, work flips are way worse". But they're lucky, at least they're doing it from a position of weakness against the hug-fest of the US+GB+Dutch on that server, instead of doing both as it is on PvP1.

But see, that's the beauty of getting to test new things, you guys are about to experience what it's really like. Unless, of course, you decide to hug it out as well and stop bothering with real conquest in favour of just staging a few fights over some meaningless ports instead.

We are pretty sure most of the care bear PvP2 US/Brits will be hanging out in the PvE zone, but the rest of us that want to fight are more than willing to work out a good nation balance too.  Though I know my clan will stay Pirates.  We plan to be a thorn in every one side while they fight each other.   Hell we might even help the US/Brits out over there if they are getting beat on to much by another nation......nah prob not.  

And remember BLACK Is only about 15-20 on average (we have more players) so it's only one clan beating the snot out of the two biggest nations.

30 minutes ago, rediii said:

I already can't wait anymore how the new global server will turn out and which side gets more nightflip power. :D 

You know right that there will be no such thing on global as nightflip? When I will sleep, someone else from US / Aussies / Asian guys will probably defend ports :)

Just because it "works" doesn't mean that it makes for any good gameplay.

A real boxing match > Two guys taking turns slapping eachother, with neither side blocking, until one of them gets bored.

Look at the bright side, with the EU player exodus the global server is getting the best opportunity it has ever had to get real timezone balance rather than a 'just flip in your primetime' type of balance, with US and EU numbers coming closer to matching one another and a sizeable Aussie/SEA contingent.

Edited by Guest

All this shows how the incoming server split is an incorrect solution to a real problem: a faulty mechanic for conquest.  

One time PB's and 1 or 2 hours long PVE grind to 100% hostility are the problems here, not the player, nor time zones.

Trash this faulty concept ASAP.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 6

49 minutes ago, Aegir said:

A real boxing match > Two guys taking turns slapping each other, with neither side blocking, until one of them gets bored.

Look at the bright side, with the EU player exodus the global server is getting the best opportunity it has ever had to get real timezone balance rather than a 'just flip in your primetime' type of balance, with US and EU numbers coming closer to matching one another and a sizable Aussie/SEA contingent.

exactly how I feel about it.

You guys are joking right?  Didn't know there was a rule the pb had to be set at 8pm est sharp...   Anyway we did that on sunday afternoon and it was 1.5 hrs early I guess.  I don't see a screen shot or report of the battle but I think it was 25 US vs 23 Pirates (Tex usually has the info up promptly but not this one...)  We had good wind and a good strategy for that one that Lionshaft orchestrated.  Go ahead and try to rain on our parade but I think its more fun for us all if we keep the pb times in the evening as you say.  Bring on the battles...glhf!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aegir said:

A real boxing match > Two guys taking turns slapping eachother, with neither side blocking, until one of them gets bored.

Look at the bright side, with the EU player exodus the global server is getting the best opportunity it has ever had to get real timezone balance rather than a 'just flip in your primetime' type of balance, with US and EU numbers coming closer to matching one another and a sizeable Aussie/SEA contingent.

One of the biggest problem was back when they had folks rush from one server or another they never gave a true option for folks to leave a server or nation and start over properly.  If they do this right and lets hope they do they will make the PvP Global server and merge every one from PvP1 and PvP2 into that server with redeemables of there stuff.  That way you log into PvP Global, you make a new char of a new nation or your old one and than you redeem all your stuff.  This will allow folks to move to other nations and hopefully make a better balance of AU/SEA/US/EU etc players.   The problem is we where never gave this option first to help move things around instead it become one group against another.  On PvP1 it was Eastern vs Western. On PvP2 it was the two big houses GB/US (with DUTCH) vs all the small nations with Pirates back them up.   With the chance to change nations hopefully we can fix it and hopefully they fix the Port Battle lock out window that keeps about 1/3 of the US players out of port battles.   Than we will see if the problem still is a problem or if the population balance worked it self out so that there is enough players in each of the time zones to fight each other.  

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

I agree that the system isn't good too. But you can't do much different with a global server or what would you suggest? getting porttimers back?

I personnaly advocate for the removal of PB'S and to maximise the hostility system.

Here a summary of a simple solution that requires only some tweaks from the devs and no new mechanic: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/19219-are-current-pbs-too-selective/&do=findComment&comment=376442

It may not be perfect, of course, but I'd rather test and improve something similar instead of splitting the already small community.

4 minutes ago, SS Minnow said:

You guys are joking right?  Didn't know there was a rule the pb had to be set at 8pm est sharp...   Anyway we did that on sunday afternoon and it was 1.5 hrs early I guess.  I don't see a screen shot or report of the battle but I think it was 25 US vs 23 Pirates (Tex usually has the info up promptly but not this one...)  We had good wind and a good strategy for that one that Lionshaft orchestrated.  Go ahead and try to rain on our parade but I think its more fun for us all if we keep the pb times in the evening as you say.  Bring on the battles...glhf!

I wasn't at this one so I don't have a screen shot and to be honest it should traditionally be the winner that post them.   I would be more than happy to post if if some one gives me a screen shot.   

I honestly have no problem with the time and loosing. We win some and we loose some.  I think the problem is more just that it's a Pirate port from start and we don't want ya'll to have it.  That and the fact ya'll love to attack every one when they can't field 25, but as soon as we start showing up with full numbers yall stop showing up to port battles and hiding unless it's a major econ port.  Hay if you had to strike early to get that is fine.  Don't bitch when we just strike harder and take more of your econ ports.  Hay if anything every one is getting PvP and that is what we want right?   Not to mention we are getting to sink all these lovely ships we won't have by a months time from now?   Lets bring it on and make the whole server burn.  I mean it's prob going to get reset any way with the merger and all.  Lets have a bit of fun while we wait on the testbed to be released and than the patch.

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

One of the biggest problem was back when they had folks rush from one server or another they never gave a true option for folks to leave a server or nation and start over properly.  If they do this right and lets hoe they do they will make the PvP Global server and merge every one from PvP1 and PvP2 into that server with redeemables of there stuff.  That way you log into PvP Global, you make a new char of a new nation or your old one and than you redeem all your stuff.  This will allow folks to move to other nations and hopefully make a better balance of AU/SEA/US/EU etc players.   The problem is we where never gave this option first to help move things around instead it become one group against another.  On PvP1 it was Eastern vs Western. On PvP2 it was the two big houses GB/US (with DUTCH) vs all the small nations with Pirates back them up.   With the chance to change nations hopefully we can fix it and hopefully they fix the Port Battle lock out window that keeps about 1/3 of the US players out of port battles.   Than we will see if the problem still is a problem or if the population balance worked it self out so that there is enough players in each of the time zones to fight each other.  

It be nice to see a good transition from servers for people. I would be fine with what you suggested or a wipe for everyone. Fresh start minus ranks. 

Just now, Davos Seasworth said:

It be nice to see a good transition from servers for people. I would be fine with what you suggested or a wipe for everyone. Fresh start minus ranks. 

That will come later, but right now we need the gold and resources to build ships to test the new crafting stuff.  One step at a time. One step at a time.  You know what hell it would be like if we all got wiped and had basic cutters and no gold/mats lol

Than again I done it a few times on PvP1 when I flipped nations checking them each out.  It wasn't long until I had several ships and couple mill in the banks.  About 3-4 hours one Sunday morning.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SS Minnow said:

Right on Tex...lets keep the server burnin!

Save one ship and a fireship fitting for the last night. I want to do a small battle or something and do a last man standing fight of every one on the server.  Since small battles mix's us all up that would mean we have to fight with each other against each other.  Something many of us have never done before.  I would say 1st rates but might as well just say 1 ship any ship to go boom that last night.

• Like 2

I didn't like port timers, but I prefer them to the current approach.  With port timers you knew when to be online - you could reserve a 2 hour window and be prepared to play.  Now if I want to attack or defend ports, the times are NOT when I prefer to play.  I log in each morning and wince at the PB times.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

I didn't like port timers, but I prefer them to the current approach.  With port timers you knew when to be online - you could reserve a 2 hour window and be prepared to play.  Now if I want to attack or defend ports, the times are NOT when I prefer to play.  I log in each morning and wince at the PB times.

We have a bunch of East coast guys that keep saying 6:20pm.....but I forgot that means 5:20 for me.  Guess when I showed up?  Right at the end of the port battle.  Yah it would be way better if we had certain time blocks for certain ports like the old window, but hell I liked the fact you can arrange the fight any time and give 2 days notice.  If you can't man the fight than just take it back at your proper time.  Cause on the old system they can just put some crazy time to keep you from taking it again.  They did that a lot on the old flag system and I spent a lot of crazy hours with Loco taking empty ports during those off times when no one showed up, but it was set to them to make it hard to flip it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That will come later, but right now we need the gold and resources to build ships to test the new crafting stuff.  One step at a time. One step at a time.  You know what hell it would be like if we all got wiped and had basic cutters and no gold/mats lol

Than again I done it a few times on PvP1 when I flipped nations checking them each out.  It wasn't long until I had several ships and couple mill in the banks.  About 3-4 hours one Sunday morning.

Yeah I am doing it right now on PvP1. Getting into small scraps, earning money, and working my way up slowly. Then again I am not investing much time as I would if it occurred on PvP2, which I have more invested in. I know I can at least get to a 5th rate maybe even a 4th rate in a week of sporadic play time. I am probably one of the few that miss the days when coming across a 2nd rate was very rare, which I think was about a year or so ago for me.  

Edited by Davos Seasworth

5 hours ago, Aegir said:

Do you know how innacurate and incredibly blindly bias you sound to literally everyone on pvp2 right now? 

US, GB, and Dutch are outnumbered by the Pirate, Dane, Spanish, Swede, French super mega carebear alliance which has easily three times the aussies and Chinese and just as many Americans to fight at this point in the game.

It is just a fact that US, GB, and the Dutch, have lost ALL of their silver ports, the Dutch all their Gold and special woods ports, and the Danes and pirates own them all and we can't do anything about it. When us Dutch go out to grind with everyone we have twice the amount of pirates show up. Was talking to a couple pirates the other day and they feel like they got duped into sympathy when they went pirates and probably plan on leaving when the server is wiped. The pirates simply just were upset when the fine woods came, went the carebear way and quit, like quitters do, and then when they coul got the easy win because they were reminded, oh hey if we all get back on we outnumber and out perform them, that's just a fact, we could easily take whatever we want whenever. 

Check your facts Aegir and before you spout off about knowing what pvp2 is like actually join the server and see for yourself eh?

Edited by OneEyedSnake

23 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Do you know how stupid you sound to literally everyone on pvp2 right now? 

US, GB, and Dutch are outnumbered by the Pirate, Dane, Spanish, Swede, French super mega carebear alliance which has easily three times the aussies and Chinese and just as many Americans to fight at this point in the game.

It is just a fact that US, GB, and the Dutch, have lost ALL of their silver ports, the Dutch all their Gold and special woods ports, and the Danes and pirates own them all and we can't do anything about it. When us Dutch go out to grind with everyone we have twice the amount of pirates show up. Was talking to a couple pirates the other day and they feel like they got duped into sympathy when they went pirates and probably plan on leaving when the server is wiped. The pirates simply just were upset when the fine woods came, went the carebear way and quit, like quitters do, and then when they coul got the easy win because they were reminded, oh hey if we all get back on we outnumber and out perform them, that's just a fact, we could easily take whatever we want whenever. 

Check your facts Aegir and before you spout off about knowing what pvp2 is like actually join the server and see for yourself eh?

Dutch math lol, You can look at my stream and every port battle we have had in last 3 months every single one of them you wont see more than say 27  different people between 14-20 are Black and other pirates make up the rest and the 7 to 9 most are new players that come and go. Pirates Get no Back up at all in anything they do. Maybe a 5 or 6 man Screen from one of the small nations combine,  And we do the same in return but we want the pvp the screen part is just a bonus for the small nations.

Just watch the East coast burn like a match this week from the top down.  

Edited by JobaSet