Game-Labs Forum

Declaration of the French Council about the new European server

PIerrick de Badas

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

ok then i'm sorry. got my info from your profile which says somewhere around jamaica. :) 

Still you are only looking inside a small timeframe for the game. on the larger picture you realize that this is the best solution possible because it stops people leaving the game and therefore giving the game the possibility to grow in the first place

And this split will bring more players!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rediii said:

ok then i'm sorry. got my info from your profile which says somewhere around jamaica. :) 

Still you are only looking inside a small timeframe for the game. on the larger picture you realize that this is the best solution possible because it stops people leaving the game and therefore giving the game the possibility to grow in the first place

No problem rediii :). About splitting the community my concern is: is Naval Action strong enough to endure a splitted player base? If answer will be "no", then the timeframe could be shorter than you think.

• Like 1

nighflips blablabla.. see how you cope when the russians join the EU server. if they ever will of course.. You won't lose any sleep but still alot of undefended ports. Have fun bye

Edited by Twan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rediii said:

Hethwill you defend the bleeding of players because rvr doesnt make sense anymore with nightflips?

i can't believe how blind so many people are

it's not the hello kittying problem that someone else defends a port. The problem is that if players don't get out of bed in the middle of the night noone defends the port.

And if noone defends the port attacking a port is pointless and players will not go there. That means less content and less fun. Also for many RvR is the biggest content here so they will stop playing.

Also i hope players will not be quiet about the topic only because the french and danish clanleaders made a topic about it. If everyone is quiet about it and only the ones which are against a split are noisy devs could get the idea that a serversplit is not supported by many players and dont do it. 

You forget spanish clan ULTRA that gives his position and then 90% of spanish position.
We are waiting swedish position or at least HRE position now whatever it can be

14 minutes ago, rediii said:

The alternative is that the timeframe will be longer but will die shortly after a pop increase after release because the population will bleed out because of nighflips.

Let's think about one simple thing: we are in a pre-release/testing stage and we will face sooner or later a total wipe. So What's the worst thing? Nightflips of ports or watching the game dying day by day out of lack of any action at sea? However only time will say...

Edited by Red Jack Walker

36 minutes ago, rediii said:

25vs20 is no pvp. It's sealclubbing. edit (and realy boring)

grinding pve to nightflip each other is no pvp also (and boring)

promoting to get us timezone based players doesnt work because you don't reach a critical mass. If you have 5 players inside a nation in that timezone they stop playing after some time because they are bored.

Was trying to find the recent one we had 19 pirates vs 25 US/Brits....but this one is 17 vs 20....Baby seal clubbing?  Yah we feel that way when we slaughter them too and we are out number.  You keep forgetting folks plan to move nations and make it more balanced.  The reason why they didn't do it before is cause folks would not help them swtich or just flat out won't work with them or want there help.  We offered help several time to PvP1 when it was slow and was brushed off by some nation simply cause we where US players.   Sorry you didn't want the help so we said screw it.   Bur since your going to the PvP EU sever I take it's something you don't have to worry abouth.  Let the PvP Global folks worry about it than.   We will see how PvP EU is in 3 or so months.  Remember what happend the last time they split the EU server and gave yall your own place to play the Mirror server?  Yah that didn't last long if I remember right.  

Remember there is going to be a merge of more players into the server.  Some are crappy care bears that prob just be hanging out in the PvE Safe Zones.  Some of us are die hard PvPers that are ready for the fight and more folks to fight with the larger server pop than we are use to.   Hell with Pirate vs Pirate we might just never leave the pirate areas....just joking we don't plan to be killing any other pirates.

Though why the hell are folks even talking about the global on there.  I keep forgetting this is about the EU server so I'm going to drop out of this conversation.  

PS The Danes on our sever are SEA players and they roll about the same way and so that is another hard core clan that will be showing up in that time zone.

EDIT found the 19 vs 25 when we took the port from them last week.

PnwWhzy.jpg

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

You forget spanish clan ULTRA that gives his position and then 90% of spanish position.
We are waiting swedish position or at least HRE position now whatever it can be

1 hour ago, rediii said:

Ich denke es hat noch niemand geschrieben weil es so offensichtlich ist. Aber die HRE wird auf den EU Server wechseln.

I think noone wrote it because it's so obvious but the HRE will change to the EU server.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Would be kinda fun to plan nothing, just play without any official allies like back in the day and just see who does what. And perhaps stick to 1 ally each so that we can test how well that works without having to wait for such a thing to get patched in.

You mean like pirates do?

1 minute ago, Anne Wildcat said:

i really dont think it's splitting the playerbase as I assume PvP2 will merge with global.. So PvP global will be the carebear alliance fighting pirates and PVP EU, the eastern alliance fighting who? (maybe pirates too) 

We will be seeing each other at sea once more other than the Testbed I take it?

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

I wrote you a PM as soon as i got information about this - you didn't reply.

Answering your seal clubbing question in a kind way - if the bigger side isn't stupid they don't loose. Winning even with 1 ship more is pretty easy in the new system. Again - if they don't play it stupid.

You know you where the last one to contact me after I made that post about how we kinda got brushed off when a couple of us came over asking if ya'll wanted help.  Your message was sent three days after the others that asked. after the post.  Which means you where the last one to even try.   By than we all rolled Spain, but things picked back up on PvP2 so we droped the concept of coming over and helping.

So your saying the "nightflipper" aren't a bunch of scrubbs is the real reason you couldn't beat them even with low numbers?   Cause all it would of took was a few guys in there time zones here and there to make a full team.  Didn't have to have screeners if it's a defense.  Sounds like more excuses to not let others fight your fights.   But hay have fun on your new server.  We will see how things look 3-4 months from now any way.

• Like 1

a stupid idea to solve (or worsen XD)the problem of the nightflips:
We ended up with all the alliances, the votes will be made to go to war against one country and for a period of time, and may not be at war with two at the same time. in the battles of port only ships of the nationalities at war can enter, and there will be a 10-20 km radius of the port in which the pirates can not attack, so that they no support one or another nation.

Almost eu players can do night flips like us players, and almost another nations no defend your ports when you sleep. So all sleep or nobody XD

evil of many, consolation of fools

Sorry for google translator,

Edited by Alado
  • Like 1

I feel bad to leave the server who I played so many hours.

I feel also bad to leave so many good ennemies I encounter in open world, in battle, since 1 year ago, since the Panama campaign. I find against english, dutch, sweden during a time, some good guys against it was a very pleasure to fight.

...I feel nostalgic, and sorry to leave those ennemies on the global, to lower the population here, so there fight. Hope you will forgive me and my nation for this choice.

But then, I read the first 7 pages of this topic. And if you do the same, you can't blame me.

Many here want to think for me or my nation. Just an advice: think more about your comportment, and not only ingame.

• Like 9

Mind you, might be a great idea for the servers to be split simply so the eastern alliance does their own shit on the EU one, and the western alliance is left on global. Might actually end up breeding something other than outright hatred for the opposing side, with time.

P.S. See, I can make comments that aren't just ban-worthy.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Bearwall said:

We're already fighting players who don't have a clue - why do you think I refer to the western alliance as no-skills? - And why do you think y'all ended up resorting to nightflips to a degree where the devs had no choice but to take a course of action I doubt they actually wanted - just to save the game from you guys..

Then join us in battle don't sit hiding in port and tagging us into screening battle bring your whole fleet and let's see who wins and who can claim to victory!

12 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

I'll still be there... With La Perousse and hopefully a few more we will be the last of the French.

I will probably have French accounts in both servers, if possible to do it without "killing" my present account, which will be transferred to EU-PvP. But I will be unable to play with US, Canadian or Mexican players at their prime time...

The title of this thread should read:  "Port Battles: Or How I learned to stop loving PvP and Love Broken End-Game Content"...

RvR has been a cancer in this game since I've been around.  In the old days, it sucked OW PvP away, by forcing you to sit with your mates waiting to find out which flag that was pulled was "real"...  But oh yes, everyone wanted full PB's, right?  Thats why so many false-flag were pulled??

More recently, fleets have taken to logging out days in advance of a PB so that they wont have to engage in OW PvP to accomplish their goal.  

The problem HAS BEEN and STILL IS, some people want a "Port Battle Simulator" or World of Warships- Sailing Ship Edition.  Because thats all port battles are.  A Naval Action version of a WOWS random battle.

The day when more people wanted Port Battles as end content over OW PvP was the day Naval Action changed forever.  I think that occurred somewhere around October.

Oh well, my 2000 hours tells me I got my money's worth.

• Like 8

Canadians on our society were asked and are going on pvp europe. There is timezone and there is athmosphere. Read the full topic so see with who you want to play.

But it's far away from the goal of the topic wich is to ask devs informations about this new server. When, where, wich time for maintenance, how to transfer, could we keep our character on global, how to transfer warhouse, will society been keept or should we build them back, how to join for captain that leaft months ago and wil come back after server release and probably many more questions.
For the western alliance, you are all joking around saying you will stay on global etc etc. When european on this server will encounter empty seas because all their teamates will be on ue server and after have been nightflip several times, how many times before they switch. For the new players are they going to join a global/us server with bad ping and behaviors or an european server with good ping and fairplay?

• Like 3