Game-Labs Forum

Player made nations

So i just commented on one of the other threads and thought this was a very important topic that cannot get enough discussion. here is what i wrote and why i feel that opening the ports on the map to be conquered by player made nations, instead of us all doing the fighting for NPC nations, is a game changer.

I am thrilled at the recent announced changes because it feels like the Devs have found their mojo, a direction they want to take the game that will bring it to release and a steady growth.

PVE, PVP area's are a big plus.

I really really hope they soon announce that players will be able to affiliate with not just an NPC nation but can choose to create their own small nation, join player created nations etc.

Naval Action will open up into a massive ocean sandbox if players can cut the shackles of the NPC nations and start to create their own clan like nations and even start taking ports for their nation, would open this game up completely!!!! would be like opening up the barn doors and letting all the horses run free, it would breath a whole new fresh air to the game play while keeping with the historical feel.

It would be like an ALTERNATIVE REALITY, where the european powers have lost control of the sea and instead of a pirate faction, players are the pirates and privateers and they carve out a whole new tall ship era. instead of players being "in the pirates faction" and their ports a dark brown. players would make their own clan nations, ports they take are for their nation not for the entire pirate faction. and each player nation can pick their own color, maybe turn the port dots into little flags players can create to identify their ports with.

man the possibilities become endless when players can create their own nation and ports open up for everyone to take instead of just NPC nations and npc ports.

just my thoughts for future possibilities

Edited by Rebel Witch
  • Like 6

To avoid confusion about what i mean about "player pirates"

I mean the current Pirate faction in naval action would be removed and instead of players not affiliated with one of the NPC nations being in a pirate faction. they are just simply free and independant. they can then create their own clan or nation and they can create their own port color so when their nation takes over a port it is their nations color not the color of  pirate brown or whatever.

that means you would eventually have the map filled with colors on the ports as player made nations battle for the ports and to build their nation.

the NPC nations, sure you can still join them and fight for them and take ports for them but the NPC nations will also be the PVE zone area ports that cannot be conquered.

yes it would be very similar to how EVE Online is where you have a pve area that is NPC safer zone and the rest of the map is a free for all, players control everything about it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rediii said:

I realy realy like the idea. However i think regional conquest should be turned into port conquest again so there would be more ports available to fight over

totally agree, i hope they go back to every port must be fought over again too.