Game-Labs Forum

Low FPS

forgottnsoldier

3 hours ago, BungeeLemming said:

1st: make sure every grafical setting you have is as low as possible.

Sadly your computer isnt a very powerful machine.

Additionally you can close any programms running parallel like your internet browser or others.

dunno if i can ask to you mate, but can we have a real full screen mode in future patches? it would help with fps on low spec pcs

Thank you for the replies. Obviously I do not know much about computers so just for the future when I go to buy a pc for gaming what should I be looking for in specs? Any tips so I can be more informed would be great thanks for the help guys. 

Also would a better graphics card help this pc at all or is the the CPU just to poor to do anything with? Again any advice you can give this noob is welcome :)

Edited by forgottnsoldier

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:45 AM, elite92 said:

dunno if i can ask to you mate, but can we have a real full screen mode in future patches? it would help with fps on low spec pcs

Don't we have one now? Seems to be FS to me.

3 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

All these people telling you to get a new machine are probably well-intentioned, but....  I have 2.4Ghz i5 with a nVidia 550ti and I can get nearly 30 FPS...  

You specs are much higher compared to his. 

My system is by no means a current "Gaming System",  and she may be a bit antiquated by today's standards.  But I have no issue running Naval Action on full settings.  The first step would be to run a full system diagnostic...look for out dated system drivers, mainboard, graphics, chipset drivers, etc.  make sure everything is up to date. Make sure your Operation System is up to date with all latest drivers and updates. And give your system a good cleaning...get rid of old junk files and crud that is taking up space on your drives. 

Second, Naval Action as it stands now is a highly Graphics Intense game so go over your graphics card with some love...make sure all graphics and related drivers are up to date...worst case you may need a newer card.  There are many good graphics cards on the market that will support and run Naval Action like a BOSS!  And the good news is these cards are very well priced.  You don't need some 500 dollar card to run this game.

Also if updating your graphics card pay special attention to the card's "memory bus"  is it 128-bit? or is it 256-bit or above?  If you are running a 128-bit memory bus graphics card you will likely "bottle neck" the game and performance, try to go with a card with a minimum of 256-bit memory bus, It's night and day with the speed and performance...

Hope this helps you out a bit there Lad!

Why bother with actual in depth GPU stats?

Just ask for a pricetag and recommend him a few good cards. Or even a computer setup. Depends on what he needs.

So. First of all: @forgottnsoldier:

Do you even consider buying a new computer? If not this Topic can be closed.

If you do intend on upgrading. How much money do you intend to spend?

Answer those two and we can help you ;)

1 hour ago, Captain Jean-Luc Picard said:

Overclocking  Geforce 730GT won't make much of a difference and same with his cpu. Even if he did so it would be minimal FPS gain (up to 5 FPS). Worth the try though. 

Edited by Ned Loe

2 hours ago, Captain Jean-Luc Picard said:

Overclocking is not something i would recommend to any rookie with computers. And overclocking results gives linear FPS increase, 10% increase of say 20 FPS is only 2 FPS increase, not that much.

Edit: as Bungee said, the build OP has is not strong, id recommend to just buy a new computer,