Game-Labs Forum

BLACK UNION GROUP

JEWMEN

This is a cool idea! Although, there is a problem that most of the battles in this game are not ones in which the USCT participated. The USCT were usually relegated to "backwater" departments, and were only given the honour of fighting in the Virginia department at the end of the war. I do believe they were with the AoP from Spotslyvannia through to the Petersburg Campaign. As they were with the IX Corps, the USCT portion of the AoP was moved to a different department after the Crater. The USCT division of the Army of the James would rejoin the AoP for Appomattox. 

But where any of them in any of the fights of this game so far?  I know they came along later but I would think it would be cool if they had some companies/units you get at a fight and if they make it through the fight you get them.  Kinda like the one battle you get the "Iron Brigade" level three unit.   

Maybe add an attack on fort Wagner? Or represent it with that battle where as union you assault the coastal fort (I totally forget the name but in the Chancellorsville campaign). I think adding them like the iron brigade would definitely be a good idea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, william1993 said:

why not? if they make it to the 1864 battle arenas, you could put them in

It is a programming issue. Changing that much code this late in the game would be very difficult for a cosmetic change. 

If it makes you feel better, Once my brigades get to second level they get a name rather than being refered to by what kind of long arm they carry. 

First one is always The Blackwatch (I'm Scottish, go figure). The 20th Maine, and the 54th Massachussets usually march side by side. 

On 23/03/2017 at 3:05 PM, Andre Bolkonsky said:

It is a programming issue. Changing that much code this late in the game would be very difficult for a cosmetic change. 

If it makes you feel better, Once my brigades get to second level they get a name rather than being refered to by what kind of long arm they carry. 

First one is always The Blackwatch (I'm Scottish, go figure). The 20th Maine, and the 54th Massachussets usually march side by side. 

I always name mine after friends :P

Or, if I've had just a little to much rum, I give them more...creative names...

...those screenshots don't make it to the tester forums...

• Like 1

I think this is a fantastic idea. Considering this is an alternate history version of the civil war, I don't think it would be breaking too much immersion to have some African American brigades in battles that didn't actually involve them. I agree with @Zwerty99 that adding them like the Iron Brigade would probably be the best.

I am not developer so I don't know exactly how difficult it would be to implement, but I would imagine it possibly not being impossible. Give infantry brigades the variable isAfAm. If true, then use a different model to represent the units. Would have to do some additional checks when detaching skirmishers or combining brigades.

IMHO, given the visual sizes of the units I don't see a need for much change, so all that is required would be to add the US CT to the database and add the battles where these troops fought.

They should function in all regards like any other unit except by designation. 

Good idea I hope will be implemented. 

4 minutes ago, JEWMEN said:

also the confederates had black soldiers as well 

just like the old man said that they've been treated just the same as any other soldier, theyve done everything they been told. it will only be wrong if they dont add these men no one remembers. May they rest in peace and all who were affected by the war between the states