Game-Labs Forum

Technical problems and bugs

admin

1. Joysticks and other game controllers affect rudder control by applying constant input. Or, to put it simply, my rudder was hard to port until I disconnected my joystick and other flight controllers.

2. Affects rudder. Solved when the controllers are unplugged, but this is a nuisance for gamers.

3. Allow removal of inputs, not just replacement.

Once again, confirmed, except unblugging joystick and restarting has not fixed the issue. And neither has remapping the keybinds. My rudder keeps giving hard to port without keyboard input. Game unplayable at the moment.

EDIT: Uninstalling all joystick drivers removed the issue.

Game just made my computer crash (BSD) during my second battle of the evening. It first stuttered a bit and then it crashed.

Had not had the problem before.

My specs:

Intel core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
Memory 4GB DDR 3
Hard Drive 1500 GB SATA II
ASUS Motherboard
Windows 7 Home Premium
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5770 1024Mb
Physics Card: No
Monitor: 1920 x 1080 22"

I've seen the voids on the edge of the screen as well. Looks like part of the wave is getting cut off or showing underneath. This wasn't present in the previous heavy seas build.

Changing video settings doesn't seem to help (for me atleast)

-- This may not count as a bug and be a known thing but land objects appear to have no collision (see screeny below), I sailed into one in a pve match to test land collision and went right into it! If I had known this there has been at least 1 pvp battle where I could've sailed into the land to hide from my opponent and shoot at him :P or maybe it was just this piece of land on this map? Or because it was pve?

-- This is a problem for both tactics and immersion. Land masses can be used strategically in naval combat (for an example from PotBS, see the video below at 3:20)

-- I'm not well versed in Unity but add collision to the land masses? And just make sure they extend far enough down that the bottom of the biggest ship won't reach the edge at the lowest wave trough.

10169173_10205697224416116_4145158598018

In addition to Charles Caldwell problem, it also affects other game function keys - like F and 5-8. Chat messages are also posted randomly when that bug occurs. Don't know if mine F11 report was sent - game crashed right after sending notification was shown on screen.

I got buggered when my VoiceAttack put me into a hard starboard turn as I asked it to but the F key component of the command didn't register for about 10 or 12 seconds - after I had rammed Leviathan - I saw the ram coming so I was frantically trying to stop - I couldn't see if my sails came down but I didn't seem to slow at all.

This was during a busy part of the Trafalgar - at the time I chalked it up to "internet" things - but thought I'd mention it

I am visually impaired and old and suffer from Vertigo (where my inner ear acts goofy) so please bear with me.

My biggest single "glitch" or "no fun" moments are devolving into one and only one type of event: I'm blasting along and the game piece is doing exactly what I want it to do - and suddenly ether on it's own or perhaps I bump a wrong key my view is suddenly shifted to some other perspective that I would not even ever use - sometimes I'm staring at the deck strait down from amongst the rigging, sometimes I'm looking strait up at the heavens directly above the ship I'm supposed to be driving, on rarer occasion I am just popped into regular drone view from "gunsight" view - that isn't so bad.

If this game has keystrokes mapped to the various views I need to know what they are  - both so I can be sure to avoid them during play and perhaps also so I could use them to get back to the view I was in - rather than having first having to figure out where I was "moved to".

If it doesn't have keystrokes (or even combo's) mapped to the various views - please implement them asap.

Rick

2 Trafalgar battles, twice for 10+ minutes I cant fire Broadsides.... pinging at 50, FPS at 46. Click mouse and space bar nothing, then after about 5-10 minutes all my guns fire!

F11 reports sent!

For the Devs:

A way to reproduce this bug is to fire a ranging shot and immediately after fire a full broadside (left click). Doesn't happen everytime but its fairly predictable. It also tends to happen more if the full broadside (left click) has just become reloaded after firing the ranging shot.

I got buggered when my VoiceAttack put me into a hard starboard turn as I asked it to but the F key component of the command didn't register for about 10 or 12 seconds - after I had rammed Leviathan - I saw the ram coming so I was frantically trying to stop - I couldn't see if my sails came down but I didn't seem to slow at all.

This was during a busy part of the Trafalgar - at the time I chalked it up to "internet" things - but thought I'd mention it

Thats likely a voiceattack issue.. nothing the dev's can do if that program has a hiccup.

Hey just downloaded and played my first game, after having an issue with launching the game to begin with.

For a while clicking 'Play' on steam did nothing. I got the loading circle on the cursor but nothing else. Eventually I went into the steam folder and changed the compatibility mode of Client.exe to Windows XP (Service Pack 2) after running the Windows 'Troubleshoot Compatibility' tool. Since then it's worked fine.

For the record before changing compatibility I had tried running as Administrator, validating files through steam, uninstalling and re-installing through steam, and restarting my computer. All had zero effect.

So issue all fixed, but I have no idea why it was an issue in the first place!

I let go the game for the moment there are to many interuptions of the server during a game?! Impossible to enjoy a game when I am trowen out every two gamesto come back to nothhing or to a battle where the situation has changed without you and your ship is beiyng shotup....Bye until a month or two maybe! :angry: