Game-Labs Forum

Technical problems and bugs

admin

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I bought this game as a gift for one of my mates (partly as a christmas present and partly to bolster our faction), his steam account name is Henrik474

For some reason the client.exe refuses to execute and he's been trying since early December to log in.. He wrote costumer support but haven't received an answer (and now it's about a month ago)..

Pls fix the issue or give me a refund so I can give him a gift he can actually use..

Edited by Guest
Personal information removed - please send such information in private if needed

4 hours ago, Ink said:

Captain, there are no mails from address you mentioned in our support@navalaction.com mailbox.

I've send a mail to him, most likely GPU does not support directx11 and shader model 5 features.

Thx I'll ask him to update directx and see why his mail didn't get delivered.. 

5 hours ago, Bearwall said:

Thx I'll ask him to update directx and see why his mail didn't get delivered.. 

He did not reply to my mail yet, but in case his GPU does not support directx features, the only way to launch the game is to buy new GPU

• 3 weeks later...

The in-game Friends list isn't working as it should.  Once a member leaves the clan, even though still on the friends list, the radion button doesn't light up when that player is online anymore.  The player will have to be deleted from friends list and then re-invited.  I think this does the same thing when they change nations too.  Not sure if I'm the only one seeing this, since I haven't read it from anyone else.

On 08.02.2017 at 11:25 PM, Jean Ribault said:

The in-game Friends list isn't working as it should.  Once a member leaves the clan, even though still on the friends list, the radion button doesn't light up when that player is online anymore.  The player will have to be deleted from friends list and then re-invited.  I think this does the same thing when they change nations too.  Not sure if I'm the only one seeing this, since I haven't read it from anyone else.

Clan/friend list issues will be eventually fixed. Due to minor impact on gameplay they are on low priority list at the moment

• Like 2

I was recording when this happened, but my recording was corrupted, and I also didn't have opportunity to F11 at the time. I will however try to describe the issue:

I was in the port battle for Castries and I boarded someone who standing almost still. I was heading straight for him, and I slowed the momentum of my ship down to boarding speed by turning my sails against the wind and depowering. I also may have used lightly bumping into him in order to further get my speed down - I may have broken my own bowsprit in the collision. In any case I started pulling his ship in for boarding. My ship kept slowing down while I was pulling and went down to less than 1 knot, still slowing down rapidly towards zero speed. But when you're pulling someone into boarding, the ship automatically puts sails down. At the same exact moment that my sails hit 0%, the pulling was completed and boarding interface came up, my ship somehow started moving again. It was like I had a freaking steam engine on my boat. With absolutely 0% sails up it accelerated almost instantly up to 2,2 knots speed and was racing away from the ship I was boarding at a close hauled angle to the wind afair. After two rounds of boarding, my ship was so far away from the boarded ship that my boarding was interrupted. Only then, when my ship was out of boarding, did my ship stop "drifting" away at an insane 2,2 knots without any sails raised.

After the PB victory at Puerto Plata I didn't get any ship chest or paint chest. The same happened to one of my teammates after the PB for Castries.

cEtpeDJZ.jpeg

(sorry for bad screeenshot, no ship chest or paint chest is hidden behind the capped aga info)

I also F11'd this.

Yesterday after the combien british attack EdR waste 110 to 150 war supply on Basse-terre/Ste lucie/Dominica leading to nothing. Others french used War supply to in Aves/Roseay/Rosaly leading to nothing in term of contention. We get the message: It lowest hostlity for 2000 points for example bue nothing happend in term of %

I know war supply are going someday to disapear from the game but i would like you to check if they are correctly working in defense.

Second point:

The hostility is not game related it seems as different captains see different hostility on the same port. Is it a way or a link to get real hostility? with APi couldn'y you do something in real time to give us this information? It's real a pain and hard to countergrind when you don't see things changing.

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

He is french and a french region got attacked. He used Supplies as defence to lower it

Roger. Misread but the note stays. IIRC the hostility update sometimes takes a bit to process.

On 22/02/2017 at 8:54 PM, Ink said:

Will be checked

It happened again. This time I got a ship chest, but no paint chest. It seems to be connected to capturing ships. Even though there's a whole scrolling menu of loot slots after battle, only the top row is available. And when I capture a ship with loot on it, that row is filled with fish and other stuff from the captured ship, pushing out the ship/paint notes that don't load.

11 hours ago, Anolytic said:

It happened again. This time I got a ship chest, but no paint chest. It seems to be connected to capturing ships. Even though there's a whole scrolling menu of loot slots after battle, only the top row is available. And when I capture a ship with loot on it, that row is filled with fish and other stuff from the captured ship, pushing out the ship/paint notes that don't load.

Bug shown in last 5 seconds of the video.

• 2 weeks later...

Mysterious TP after battle

Yesterday I sailed to Perdanales (I have an outpost there) In front of the port I had a little fight with a french Surprise(Player) ... but had no time for this and went out to battle screen. Hitting "Exit to next friendly port" I found myself in Güiria.

I didn't expected that ... didn't a F11 report ...

Is this a bug or a feature?

8 minutes ago, Karpfanger said:

Yesterday I sailed to Perdanales (I have an outpost there) In front of the port I had a little fight with a french Surprise(Player) ... but had no time for this and went out to battle screen. Hitting "Exit to next friendly port" I found myself in Güiria.

Your outpost is in an enemy port. You can only be teleported to friendly ports, meaning ports your alliance owns or freetowns. If you have an outpost in an enemy port you can only get there by sailing there with smuggler tag enabled on a trader ship.

4 minutes ago, Karpfanger said:

thx for trying to answer my question Anolytic ...

but I'm a dutch player and have my outpost in this britisch port ... and Güiria is also a british port.

Sorry. I mixed up your nickname with somebody else. 

On 15.03.2017 at 3:11 PM, Karpfanger said:

Pedernales is a shallow water port, it seems you were on a deep water ship, right?