Game-Labs Forum

Poll Over Where Naval Action's Player Base is Located

OneEyedSnake

Region/Area  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What Region in real life are you from?

• North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • Oceanic (not Australia)
    • Australia
    • Africa

6 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

thanks Jon, but that isnt reliable at telling where people are from as those that work evenings will  not play in their tinezone's primetime. :) 

Edit, but neither is the poll bc only those that use the forum will see it. 

Edited by Anne Wildcat
  • Like 2

Just now, Anne Wildcat said:

thanks Jon, but that isnt reliable at telling where people are from as those that work evenings will  not play in their tinezone's primetime. :) 

Sure, but its pointing in the right direction. Every nations/timezone/whatever has people playing outside of their primetime.

I might do a follow up poll for more specific regions that is more focused on play time based on GMT in response to this, I just wanted to see more player base focused on server allocation and correlations between EU and NA server currently. This isn't in regards to night flips or anything of that matter. I also believe we have a randomized enough proportion of player base on the forums to the game to hopefully not be a biased poll. 

I am eastern USA - but I often play early in the morning - from 6am-8am before I have to start work - and when I play in the evening, I often finish by 9pm.   In other games like D3, I played on the European D3 server as more players were online and the ping was good into their Euro server (the D3 USA server was west coast - so I got only slightly worse pings going into Europe).

The issue for me going into the NA Europe server is poor performance - ping is never better than 125-140 and often 1,000 plus in battles - essentially unplayable.

On 3/17/2017 at 6:33 AM, Wraith said:

For another non-scientific, but interesting bit of data I asked for a while back you can check out ping times to various server locations.  In general (as of this post), the average European will get pings no worse on PvP2 than North Americans get on PvP1. If you haven't participated, feel free to add data here and I'll continue to update it:

GMT -5

Yah and they keep saying Pings don't matter so it shouldn't matter if the Global is in the US than.  I'm more looking out for the AUS/SEA and west coast guys that get the worse ping out of every one on either servers.  

Oh and I'm CST so Central US even though I was one of the first to vote keep forgetting to list my location.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Would you be so kind as to move it there? I dont believe I can. And I will post the follow up poll there as well.

I think the National Mods can do it given they speak the languages :)

So technically would be do 1 poll per each one of them if they so wish.