Game-Labs Forum

PVE Server and PVE zones - Preliminary announcement.

3 hours ago, Maloco said:

A question for PVP players and who likes the removal of the PVE server:
 How does the removal of the role server benefit you? Or what harmed the existence of it?

I have no problem with there being a PvE server if the Devs think they need one for the game testing.  They only have a limited amount of resources for running the games and if they don't feel the need to have 3 servers running than it's their call to shut one down.  I understand some folks want to not have any PvP in there game play. Devs are providing you with that by making part of the server PvE only.  Many games do this.  They don't have to do this since they have only promised PvE server after release of the game.  So they are going out of there way to help you guys still have a place to play.  Remember they are paying for these servers and we are only a small part of what they might have as future sales when the game goes live.  If they don't have the resources to run 3 servers cause two of them are very low pop than it makes since for them to shut down one or two of those servers.  Servers aren't cheap after all.  If they can save money by moving the game from three servers to two than they can spend that money and resources in other places to make the game better.

3 hours ago, BallsOfSteel said:

I play PVE and PVP as well however the reality is theres not enough to continue running it. 

I think that is the big thing a lot of these guys can't get in there head.  60-100 players average is not enough reason to keep servers up while in this stage of the game.  I play on PvP2 and I been one of the ones that said we should merge the PvP servers, but my only complaint was that we need to put the server in a more Global location than the current EU/PvP1 server cause if we merged every one into a EU server it will hurt a lot of the SEA/AU/West Coast US players ping wise.  I think getting every one onto one server (other than the EU guys that want there own times) is a good thing.  No one promised any one they would have all the server with there PvE and there had been hints of doing a Pacific Coast part for the PvE guys all along so this isn't something new.  Not to mention that map is honestly to big with the game size at this time and most areas are never fought over. We need to push the PvPers more into the same areas and let the Carebears and PvE guys have there own area.  This option just allows us to play together if we want.  I can go into the PvE areas and bring goods for some one that PvE to craft for me while supplying stuff that we can only get in the PvP areas of the game.  I love to trade along with fight so I see it as one of the Hybrid players that is both a PvPer and PvEr.

2 hours ago, admin said:

In addition to that it saves a lot of money because in their current state PVE server is a money sink. 

Would :

a PvE zone in the Pacific Coast of the PvP servers

+ some randomly generated islands in the Pacific that'd be changed from time to time for Exploration

+ TP between the Caribbean and the Pacific

be a money sink ?

Edited by LeBoiteux

2 hours ago, admin said:

The creation of dedicated PVE zones on the main server helps the game. This is how it was done in EVE and multiple other games on the hardcore end of the spectrum. All games have some form of dedicated PVE zone. 
In addition to that it saves a lot of money because in their current state PVE server is a money sink. 

@admin the thing is that in eve, high sec zone is huge, nearly half of the map (a bit less i think) and if you want, you can stay in high sec without ever passing a low or null sez zone.

Also the thing is that eve was done like this from the start. Middle part of the map is high , around zones are low null sec. Naval action map hasnt been created from the start to have a difference in pve pvp. And doing so will upset pvp players as they are loosing some part of the map, and pve players are restricted to a limited zone(Kind small).

What about one server and two maps.

One idea would be having pacific coast open, make 3 zones with 3 ports each for every nation.

Other could be make a bigger map and invent a pve zone that has an access from a channel.

dont speak about historical thingies as this is a game and if we follow history Spain would the uncontested owner of the gulf from around 1500 to 1825 or so( yes i know britain and france got some isles(and belice) in the caribeean and i believe netherlands got some too near curasao) but that was the history of the zone.    

and please could we stop using despective words of each others (like carebears or that pvpers are a bunch of blood like teenagers or the like)?

Edited by Pablo Montoya
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

They don't have to do this since they have only promised PvE server after release of the game

then understand that it is not now profitable but with the final version if you have server pve?

OK

Edited by Maloco

Just now, Maloco said:

then understand that it is not now profitable but with the final version if you have server pve?

OK

Yes and the Devs have said they plan to have a PvE server when the game is released.  For all we know this system might work out better and majority loves it.  We might find out every one hates it and they scrap it and go back to the PvP only server and PvE only server.  Lets all give it a chance and try it out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yes and the Devs have said they plan to have a PvE server when the game is released.  For all we know this system might work out better and majority loves it.  We might find out every one hates it and they scrap it and go back to the PvP only server and PvE only server.  Lets all give it a chance and try it out.

Thank you for answering. it of try not it will do because not me like that I cornered in "getos" but if wait to exit the version end of the game.

sorry for me bad english (google translator)

2 hours ago, Pablo Montoya said:

and pve players are restricted to a limited zone(Kind small).

pve zone won't be small. it will be large and historically correct (located in large historical regional capitals of spain,france and britain)
E4xBEsh.jpg

pve players will have enough space to do a lot of things + they will have an option to actually participate in conquest if their nation requires their help. 

• Like 11

Playing a smaller nations, do I join to help an allie, do I change my flag, or must I use a character of the three nations?

Oh fourth option: not decided jet :)

Edited by Gottel

14 minutes ago, admin said:

pve zone won't be small. it will be large and historically correct (located in large historical regional capitals of spain,france and britain)
E4xBEsh.jpg

pve players will have enough space to do a lot of things + they will have an option to actually participate in conquest if their nation requires their help. 

I know this isn't the final zones, but man that looks bigger than I was thinking.  So yah they should have plenty of room and this will push more of the PvP player together into one side of the map and those folks that while they still play current PvP servers can go do trade and PvE stuff in the safe area.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, admin said:

it is not bad bad, i have to admit it. but what about other countries appart from Spain, Britain and France?

And i think a lot of pvpers will think is a too big zone.

Another thing, would be us pvers limited to certain ships?

would be the ports of that zone be capturable?

1 hour ago, admin said:

E4xBEsh.jpg

Oh damn that's way bigger of a space than I had anticipated for the PvE portion of the map, I guess that I must agree though. That side of the map rarely sees a lot of action and it tends to be quite a dead zone unless a port battle happens. 

I am wondering how the resoirces and regional bonuses there will take effect for the rest of the populace that are not in those nations. 

Honestly I kind of like that the PvP is "pushed" towards the middle and east, it may help steer players towards finding each other more.

• Like 2

I like the PvE zones.... It introduces another line of thinking: should the PvE zones come in and Free Ports be removed as a trade-off?  This would promote more of a "front" based RvR game.  Accordingly, each nation has a PvE corner and a home National Port - neither of which can be taken - but all other ports are up for grab.

At present, any nation can launch hostility attack from a Free Port (Example: St Johns this weekend on PvP2 where brits took the region without having any nearby ports).

As a side thought: should the PvE zones have regional trims?  That would not seem balanced if some factions don't have a PvE zone.

Edited by TaranisPrime

2 minutes ago, TaranisPrime said:

I like the PvE zones.... It introduces another line of thinking: should the PvE zones come in and Free Ports be removed as a trade-off?  This would promote more of a "front" based RvR game.  Accordingly, each nation has a PvE corner and a home National Port - neither of which can be taken - but all other ports are up for grab.

You find the most PvP (except for the event zone) right outside of capitals. If you make those a PvE zone it will be even harder to get OW PvP.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TaranisPrime said:

At present, any nation can launch hostility attack from a Free Port (Example: St Johns this weekend on PvP2 where brits took the region without having any nearby ports).

I would like to see freeports kept but modified so that nations need to fight on fromts. Maybe freeports cannot hold SoLs but can still dock frigates and lower? This way the privateer/pirate playstyle isnt effected. Maybe even have freeports but no outposts there? But that would definately hinder the privateer/pirate type. 

Edited by Anne Wildcat
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Oh damn that's way bigger of a space than I had anticipated for the PvE portion of the map, I guess that I must agree though. That side of the map rarely sees a lot of action and it tends to be quite a dead zone unless a port battle happens. 

I am wondering how the resoirces and regional bonuses there will take effect for the rest of the populace that are not in those nations. 

Honestly I kind of like that the PvP is "pushed" towards the middle and east, it may help steer players towards finding each other more.

Ya to be honest the only reason we are in the GoM right now is cause we be greedy Pirates and want all the silver on PvP2 (to make up for months of not having it our selves).   I did have a port in there for trade hunting that I rarely used, but once in  a while I would catch some sucker trader making a run.  That was like my Sunday morning run.... 

Than the resources are something many of us are wondering about too.

4 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

You find the most PvP (except for the event zone) right outside of capitals. If you make those a PvE zone it will be even harder to get OW PvP.

I be honest to say that I'm surprised the PvP event wasn't a big circle around Mort lol

3 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I would like to see freeports kept but modified so that nations need to fight on fromts. Maybe freeports cannot hold SoLs but can still dock frigates and lower? This way the privateer/pirate playstyle isnt effected. Maybe even have freeports but no outposts there? But that would definately hinder the privateer/pirate type. 

As much as folks want to restrict pirates I all ways thought the free ports should be reserved for pirates and traders.  So yah nothing  bigger than a 4th rate.  And if they ever give pirates some sort of real mechanics instead of the bastard national thing they would be the only ones that could put Outpost in them....but that would be if Pirates wasn't part of the conquest system and just had something like a raids system where they raid a port but don't keep it after  a set amount of days.

With all these changes they really need to reset the map and alliances and let us all start fresh again. It will give every one the best chance to pick the nations and make them more populated.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

on PvP2 you actually find less PvP around the capitals and none in the vent zone unless you tell players to go there. Of course currently on PvP1 the event zone and capital areas are where PvP happens. You just have a lot of players hiding on PvP2 :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wesreidau said:

I have this strange feeling gold and silver are going to pour into Havana from the PvE zones.

Copper too! I'm just curious as to if the new ships will still need notes even though quality is dropped. And if selecting speed requires copper ingots, crew space rum, etc.