Game-Labs Forum

PVE Server and PVE zones - Preliminary announcement.

9 minutes ago, admin said:

We fixed the bots. You wont need missions anymore. Unless you do a fleet mission with friends which are also getting reworked.

Zones make for a worse experience for everyone involved though, I quite liked doing fleet missions alone or with a small group. PVP hate PVE zones as has been expressed because it creates an unbalanced economy, PVE players don't like zones because they are forced to stick to a certain area or otherwise face unwanted attacks from players. The whole thing sounds like a huge mess that takes away more than it gives. I don't want to be forced into a small area when there is so much of the map to explore and enjoy. If anything surely it makes more sense to focus around PVP zones more than PVE ones.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy

Just now, admin said:

Ah no.. that is the screen from first day of sea trials in 2014

I would advise you to do some research and see who are the majority of the active players , and then make decisions healthy for the game and not just try to tolerate little crybabies

Just now, Ser Cookie said:

I would advise you to do some research and see who are the majority of the active players , and then make decisions healthy for the game and not just try to tolerate little crybabies

i would advise you to not assume others are idiots or poor or need lessons. We are all equals here. So talk with everyone as you talk with equals.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Darayavahus said:

So i assume that PvE area won't produce any materials? Or we won't be able to transfer materials between PvE and PvP zones? Cause without it you will create a lot of carebears trading only in PvE area and sending mats to Free town's by delivery system.

But they are removing the free ports in the zone (which will be a real pain in the arse for those of with outposts in them at the moment but that's another issue to piss us off) so materials would need to be sailed out of the zone......but as no one will be able to build in any ports it wont matter.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, admin said:

pacific is immersion breaking and a-historical.. vera cruz was one of the main capitals of spain in the area. 

PVE zone cant be exploited. you cant attack anyone. 

My problem with PvE zones is that folks will hide there and do all there crafting for the PvP guys.  Is there going to be some restriction on resources for them that say they can only make certain ships in those zones?  I get the freetown restrictions kinda keep them into that zone, but some one can still ship some goods the old long way into there and be safe once they hit the PvE zone.

50 minutes ago, admin said:

two options for smugglers 

• remove them
  • allow FFA attack. (this is more fun)

I'm all for the FFA for any one that has the flag basicly makes them class as a pirate while they have the flag on.

48 minutes ago, Daguse said:

Will players be able to use resources from the pve zone in pvp? If so would this be an exploit? Also will there be a line in the sand like the newbe zone? 

I think the limit is time to travel, as there will be no freeports in the PvE zones.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

My problem with PvE zones is that folks will hide there and do all there crafting for the PvP guys.  Is there going to be some restriction on resources for them that say they can only make certain ships in those zones?  I get the freetown restrictions kinda keep them into that zone, but some one can still ship some goods the old long way into there and be safe once they hit the PvE zone.

like they do now or did before from capitals? It will be symbiotic relationship . pvp players will provide pve players with conquest marks/land permits and pvp marks and pve players will provide the backbone of the economy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm all for the FFA for any one that has the flag basicly makes them class as a pirate while they have the flag on.

I think the limit is time to travel, as there will be no freeports in the PvE zones.

Time doesn't pervert exploits, two accounts, one sailing in pve, and you won't be attacked. Then sail two ports down to the free town. Other account can play as normal. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, admin said:

like they do now or did before from capitals? It will be symbiotic relationship . pvp players will provide pve players with conquest marks/land permits and pvp marks and pve players will provide the backbone of the economy.

i understand what you are trying to do but i just don't agree. even if i wanted to play pve i'd still have to interact with the pvp to even be able to build a ship. Since we can't capture 1st rates that would b the only way.

20 minutes ago, Daguse said:

Time doesn't pervert exploits, two accounts, one sailing in pve, and you won't be attacked. Then sail two ports down to the free town. Other account can play as normal. 

You didn't catch the part all free ports will be removed?  So they will have to sail more than two ports to ship stuff to there PvP side.  Though I think I would prob take the risk and do so depending on what resources are in the PvE zones.  I asssume regions are going to be rebalanced now too.  Though sucks cause LA was one of my fav regions when I had a French player.....mainly for the refit.

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You didn't catch the part all free ports will be removed?  So they will have to sail more than two ports to ship stuff to there PvP side.  Though I think I would prob take the risk and do so depending on what resources are in the PvE zones.  I asssume regions are going to be rebalanced now too.  Though sucks cause LA was one of my fav regions when I had a French player.....mainly for the refit.

No I did, just don't care. Sail from the port that has the resources the pve boarder in your indy, then sail two more ports over to the Freeport 

28 minutes ago, admin said:

So took away the part of trade hunting because trading and crafting  is pve business?

Good job. Don't we have enough invulnerable bubbles?

• Like 3

Some questions?

How will the economy of the pve zone work?

Will trade be able to pass between pve and pvp?

How will your new game cater for solo/non clanners?

Will all players be forced into clans to get land slots?

How can you test such a massive change without an asset wipe?

How will you monopolies do not kill the game?

How will you cater for low hours players who can't do PB.

What will happen when 45 players all try to get in a PB and all the Toxic bullying hits the chat?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daguse said:

No I did, just don't care. Sail from the port that has the resources the pve boarder in your indy, then sail two more ports over to the Freeport 

That is going to be some good hunting grounds is watching for folks to make that hual into those zones.  We all ready do it at major trade hubs ports so this just makes it more easy for us.

6 minutes ago, z4ys said:

So took away the part of trade hunting because trading and crafting  is pve business?

Good job. Don't we have enough invulnerable bubbles?

Are more leave zones open to be big hot spots to hunt traders bringing things in from PvP zone to the PvE.

44 minutes ago, admin said:

As long as they have to ship those goods in from PvP zones to the PvE zone I'm fine with it.  Though if they can just do a magic teliport to friendly or something to get to the PvE zone with goods than it's going  to abused and exploited.   

Than again this is limited to only three nations too.  

23 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That is going to be some good hunting grounds is watching for folks to make that hual into those zones.  We all ready do it at major trade hubs ports so this just makes it more easy for us.

Are more leave zones open to be big hot spots to hunt traders bringing things in from PvP zone to the PvE.

As long as they have to ship those goods in from PvP zones to the PvE zone I'm fine with it.  Though if they can just do a magic teliport to friendly or something to get to the PvE zone with goods than it's going  to abused and exploited.   

Than again this is limited to only three nations too.  

Well we will see, it's worth a test. 

2 hours ago, admin said:

• Players who will want to engage in PVE activities without any interaction with the outside world will have to choose one of 3 nations. Spain (Sisal spawn), France (French Louisiana spawn), Britain (around Mosquito coast). These three nations will have 2 spawns - main pvp and secondary pve.
  • This will basically turn Gulf of mexico into large PvE zone.
  •  

You do know where the Gulf of Mexico is right?  Mesquito is not part of the Gulf of Mexico.

Though question would they have 3 spawn spots?  Cause what about newbie zone ports for those nations?  Will they still get to pick that one or will these new zones become there version of the newbie zones.  Is there any map yet of what zones will be in the PvE zone.  There is a lot of ports in between these three ports that would be cut out by doing this.  And why three, just make Spain the PvE option and have a zone of ports for those players to be in safe if they want but they can come out and play with the big boys.  I'm going to hate to loose LA as a french option for normal players, and that prob means Texas too as those are my home states.