Game-Labs Forum

PVE Server and PVE zones - Preliminary announcement.

Hello Captains. 

This is a preliminary announcement - official statement will be provided later both on steam and here.

• PVE server will be closed down. All assets will be transferred to the redeemables on both PVP Global and PVP EU (new server names). Transferring players will be able to choose themselves and stay on the server of their liking. We understand that it is painful but with forthcoming wipe you are not losing anything.

Captains affected by this might ask: How can you PVE ignoring player vs player on the pvp server?

The answer is simple and elegant.

• PVE Zones will be added to the main servers.
  • We deliberated very long about this as initially we wanted to have full loot pvp everywhere with no protection. But looking back it was not optimal. Some might say it was awesome, but in reality most hardcore games we know have pve zones, safe zones, high security space or some other form of buffer area. Such zone allows pve players to see the more alive world around them and try pvp from time to time maybe converting to pvp players. 
    • Players who will want to engage in PVE activities without any interaction with the outside world will have to choose one of 3 nations. Spain (Sisal spawn), France (French Louisiana spawn), Britain (around Mosquito coast). These three nations will have 2 spawns - main pvp and secondary pve.
    • This will basically turn Gulf of mexico into large PvE zone.
    • All free-towns inside the PVE zone will be removed to avoid safe transport of resources from inside the zone. 
    • Some resource locations will be re-balanced.
    • The only way to fight in the PVE zones will be to attack smugglers - which will from the patch create outlaw battle (FFA) - the mechanic that you can test on the testbed.

Approximate map of PVE zones

E4xBEsh.jpg

• Like 20

Guest sruPL

Why... Better to send PvE players to Pacific Coast. I love Mexico Gulf, don't make it PvE Area, just like you made a rookie area with gank engagement system.

Edited by sruPL

1 minute ago, sruPL said:

Why... Better to send PvE players to Pacific Coast. I love Mexico Gulf, don't make it PvE Area, just like you made a rookie area with gank engagement system.

pacific is immersion breaking and a-historical.. vera cruz was one of the main capitals of spain in the area. 

PVE zone cant be exploited. you cant attack anyone. 

This is a good idea devs, make use of a portion of the map that is very seldom used.  

Will the areas be open to all nations to sail in and out of ?  For example if someone from the US or say D-K wanted to go in there and farm fleets in relative safety?

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

Guest sruPL
Just now, rediii said:

because it's empty?

No, there is Spanish trading clan that has about 30 players, there is lots of players trading (gold / LC / silver / copper), there is Strong Hull that Spanish use... You say it's empty, have you been there?

3 minutes ago, admin said:

Hello Captains. 

This is a preliminary announcement - official statement will be provided later both on steam and here.

• PVE server will be closed down. All assets will be transferred to the redeemables on both PVP Global and PVP EU (new server names). Transferring players will be able to choose themselves and stay on the server of their liking. We understand that it is painful but with forthcoming wipe.

Captains affected by this might ask: How can you PVE ignoring player vs player on the pvp server?

The answer is simple and elegant.

• PVE Zones will be added to the main servers.
  • We deliberated very long about this as initially we wanted to have full loot pvp everywhere with no protection. But looking back it was not optimal. Some might say it was awesome, but in reality most hardcore games we know have pve zones, safe zones, high security space or some other forum of buffer area. Such zone allows pve players to see the more alive world around them and try pvp from time to time maybe converting to pvp players. 
    • Players who will want to engage in PVE activities without any interaction with the outside world will have to choose one of 3 nations. Spain (Sisal spawn), France (French Louisiana spawn), Britain (around Mosquito coast). This will basically turn Gulf of mexico into large PvE zone. 
    • All free-towns inside the PVE zone will be removed to avoid safe transport of resources from inside the zone. 
    • Some resource locations will be re-balanced.
    • The only way to fight in the PVE zones will be to attack smugglers - which will from the patch create outlaw battle (FFA) - the mechanic that you can test on the testbed.

Interesting. 

Just now, rediii said:

because it's empty?

Yeah it is a huge and a pain to traverse

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

This is a good idea devs, make use of a portion of the map that is very seldom used.  

agreed

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, admin said:

two options for smugglers 

• remove them
  • allow FFA attack. (this is more fun)

FF Please. 

But also, think about this? 

• Smuggler tag is automatically removed when docking at a port. You must re-select smuggler each time. 
  • When selecting smuggler, all details about your nation/clan/name are removed from OW view. Clicking on a smuggler simply tells you the ship type and that they are a player.
  • Once in battle, the smuggler's nation is relieved. (this is optional, my thought is players then can't lie about their nation).
  • Once a smuggler is defeated in battle (capping/sinking), the good and the ship our transferred to the Admiralty.
    • The smuggler loses the ship/good just like normal, no change here.
    • the attack does NOT have the option to take the ship or the goods, but is rather rewarded by the Admiralty (marks of valor/Admiralty points/goal or what ever).
    • Optional: defeating a smuggler of your own nations can cost you gold/Admiralty points/marks of valor. Ie. you get nothing for defeating your own nation. 
  • Pirates: Pirates have the options to attack smugglers of any nation including their own without repercussions. 
    • Pirates are able to keep all good/ships, however they are NOT able to take command of smuggler ships, till they return to port. (to prevent them from TPing)
    • Add option for traders to drop good to pirates. Ie. If I'm in a LGV with smuggler and a pirate attacks me, I can drop goods in hopes that he will take what he can get and just let me go as he is unable salvage my entire hold full of goods. 
      • I understand this may not be easy to add to the game, however I do believe it is key to the success of pirates in game as histrionically this happened a lot. 

It saddens me to hear the PVE server is going to be closed down, its what I like best about the game, a nice place to be friendly and enjoy ships in a non competitive environment, I'm not sure the same could be said of just having PVE zones, especially as missions often spawn so far away now.

• Like 3

I assume you cannot capture these PVE ports, so will not allow any buildings.  How will the players who occupy these zones build ships as they won't have any interest in RvR?

or

Will PvE areas be exempt from your new limited economy slots?

• Like 3

Just now, Ravern said:

I assume you cannot capture these PVE ports, so will not allow any buildings.  How will the players who occupy these zones build ships as they won't have any interest in RvR?

or

Will PvE areas be exempt from your new limited economy slots?

that's a question i also have . sorry if i didn't understand something

1 minute ago, Darayavahus said:

So i assume that PvE area won't produce any materials? Or we won't be able to transfer materials between PvE and PvP zones? Cause without it you will create a lot of carebears trading only in PvE area and sending mats to Free town's by delivery system.

there won't  b any freports in pve zone

2 minutes ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

It saddens me to hear the PVE server is going to be closed down, its what I like best about the game, a nice place to be friendly and enjoy ships in a non competitive environment, I'm not sure the same could be said of just having PVE zones, especially as missions often spawn so far away now.

We fixed the bots. You wont need missions anymore. Unless you do a fleet mission with friends which are also getting reworked.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ravern said:

When this patch goes live, only ports that have been captured will be able to produce anything, and by only 25 people  So it will be a very slow start for everyone.

but you cant capture any ports on pve , so that means you can not build any ships which would b no fun imho

Guest sruPL

The whole idea of Buildings Economy and PvE Zone is not working together and will have lots of exploits and loopholes :)

2 minutes ago, sruPL said:

The whole idea of Buildings Economy and PvE Zone is not working together and will have lots of exploits and loopholes :)

it works in eve mate.. it works in eve.

same will be here.

• Like 2