Game-Labs Forum

Limited economy slots - coming soon

Based on community feedback, this idea is no longer being considered.  Please continue to provide constructive feedback on ideas that are being presented to assist Game-Labs with thinking through new ideas for the game.

Thank you.  - H. Darby

Hello Captains. 

Some of you might remember "such is a lord" topic

To make conquest bear more importance on release the number of buildings slots in port will be limited. This means that the city governor will be able to only allocate  25 land plots for construction of mines, manufactures and shipyards. This means only 25 Captains can own something in the city. (number is arbitrary and currently is equal to the number of port battle winners)

The system will work like this. 

1. Once you conquer the port you will receive land grants from the new governor in all cities in that region.
  2. These land grants  will be required to build buildings in the cities 
  3. If the port is captured by an enemy nation - enemy nation will of course takeover the land and destroy your buildings. 
  4. To be able to build anything in this city you will have to recapture it. 
  5. Those who don't need buildings can of course sell those land grants to adventurous businessmen. 
  6. If you win the port battle alone you will get all the permits to yourself.

This system main goals are

• Control resource supply to avoid inflation in the future
  • Provide huge incentive to conquer and participate in conquest

(ps. that's why night flips are no longer viable and tolerable)

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
  • Like 22

Sounds interesting, but if this is not well balanced then it will force RvR on every captain which is not desirable. It will enrich the RvR players and make every other player even more dependent on their nation's RvR players. I also fear that this will either make the map static or make loosing ports too devastating. Conquest should be dynamic, not static. Ports should be conquered every week and rotate back and forth between nations.

The map is already too static, and if you loose a port, be it to zerging, night-flips, dayflips or just mistakes that sometimes happens, then it is all but impossible to regain the ports. 

To be honest my initial thought is that this is a bad idea, although I am of course willing to test it.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 10

This is going to be interesting.  Is there an expiration on the grants turned in?  Cause say 25 guys take a port/region (notice you said port over and over so is the regional stuff going to still be around?) while 20 are active and they all turn in there grants to build.  Well 4 of the 5  that don't go inactive and the 1 guy sales his to some one else.   Well we now have 4 slots not being used.   Is there any way folks can get those slots/grants later if no one uses them or can old grants be saved or do they expire?   So that if you recapture a port and you have grants from last time you owned it will it work the next time your nation owns that port?

Though the part about ports makes me wonder are we going back to the flag system of one port captured at a time instead of the region?  I do see a problem with this system cause this means any one that doesn't do Port Battles won't be able to craft anything?  So in theory one clan can control all the economy in a nation if they are the ones that all ways do the port battles (IE for example BLACK on PVP2 fills 20+ of the port battles with it's clan members).

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

but still no patch (from stuff tested in test bed) and the tested hasn't been updated.  Kinda would like to see more stuff now than stuff that might come months from now.

At least the game is still alive :)

• Like 2

Not too sure if I like that change. Pushes away new players / non-PB players, how should new players get into the game when they cant even craft ships using mats form buildings they dont have?

• Like 10

Will this apply to all ports?

I am a new player here and happily crafting away levelling up. I was a little disconcerted to read on the day I moved my production to a British Refit port that refits will be transportable, which might make the move redundant in a few weeks (though the rest of that change I generally support). But now I find I might not be able to craft at all.

With building slots at stake, port battle participation will be jealously guarded by senior players with no new players getting a look in. This in itself may be reaonable enough, but how then will newer players ever get building slots and thereby build up craft XP?

It also means that some resouurces will be in very few hands, individuals who could then choose to sit on their slots and effectively stop production if they want or sell at vastly inflated prices, even to the disadvantage of their own nation who would have no recourse to wrest the port off them.

• Like 5

Im sry but i really cant see how this will give more players in the game...

This will only give the hardcore players who do PB and keep other ppl out of PB more gold and more ships.

They will control the market and get rich.

For a new player like me this meens that i have 0 chance to ern gold and get better ships.

This is a really bad idea and it will make the new ppl and ppl who like trading to stop playing really fast.

If u want to break and kill the game then pls keep comming up with idea´s like this.

Again a really big mistake.

U will end up with 25 to 35 players who own everyting and rest can do nothing...

ANd then they stop playing...

So in the end u will have 25 to 35 ppl pr. nation in the game.... Grats.... u just killed ur own game....

C L A P, C L A P, C L A P, C L A P, C L A P, C L A P, C L A P, C L A P, C L A P, C L A P,

Edited by Cerebro
  • Like 10

I can see the infights to get a pb slot :Dtoxicity incoming!

+ it forces people to do conquest even they dont like the part and to join clans. Clans do pb and which clan would sell his land permits?

Selling permits would work if pb would be a random people thing.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I can see the infights to get a pb slot :Dtoxicity incoming!

+ it forces people to do conquest even they dont like the part and to join clans. Clans do pb and which clan would sell his land permits?

Selling permits would work if pb would be a random people thing.

Thats the problem... PB aint random... in GB nation on the EU server there is a bloody sing up list controlled by the big clans...

So the random player have 0 chance to do PB, how long time u think he will play until he gets bored and stop playing?

Forcing ppl into doing something they dont want to do has and will, never work.

• Like 2

RvR is already the be all and end all with the slots fought over and meta gameplay etc causing problems - this will force it even more and also be yet another point where content and playstyles are locked away for the majority of people - crafters and traders will now not be able to do their thing unless they partake in RvR they don't like or by dropping such gigantic sums of money (let's face it thats gonna happen) that msot of them would rather leave the game. I like your one duras but this is just not good...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cerebro said:

Thats the problem... PB aint random... in GB nation on the EU server there is a bloody sing up list controlled by the big clans...

So the random player have 0 chance to do PB, how long time u think he will play until he gets bored and stop playing?

Forcing ppl into doing something they dont want to do has and will, never work.

There are 300 ports. it is 7500 buildings even at 25 per port. 2 PB limit per day will be removed (it only existed to limit night flips). With no nightflips we dont need stupid limits per day. Capture and defend the port and here we go 25 buildings 

I dont like this idea at all. In a perfect world with a large player base....maybe. But with things as they are now, no way. I think you're going to find that this will split the already small player base and send those who don't craft or do organized PB out of the game completely. If they cant craft, cant build and farm to trade and they dont do port battles....what is left for them to do? Gank, missions or beg from a PB person?.....no way. They will leave. I suppose the devs haven't been paying attention to whats going on in GB nation - there is no way they could be and still be making this kind of update. Devs, this is a really really bad move. I love this game and am a big fan, however, I feel you are about to kill it....to the point of no return.

Just now, admin said:

There are 300 ports. it is 7500 buildings. 2 PB limit per day will be removed (it only existed to limit night flips). With no nightflips we dont need stupid limits per day. Cap and defend the port and here we go 25 buildings 

That is great but it will be the same ppl doing the PB...

So again... u just killed ur own game.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, admin said:

There are 300 ports. it is 7500 buildings. 2 PB limit per day will be removed (it only existed to limit night flips). With no nightflips we dont need stupid limits per day. Cap and defend the port and here we go 25 buildings 

this is not the reality of the game...you should know that.

• Like 3