Game-Labs Forum

Not getting Assists (or Kills) after being captured

Liq

In today's small battle event, I noticed something strange. I scored 270 ish hull hits, spreaded on several enemy ships. When my armor was gone, I decided to try to board someone. I knew I probably wasn't going to win, because I had less crew, but still went for it in case my opponent got raked.
After boarding (which I lost), I didn't see the killfeed anymore nor did I get any assists (even though im 99% sure I should have gotten some on ships that were sunk after I got captured).
Is this intended to work like this, or did I discover a bug?
Either way, I sent a bug report ingame aswell.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kloothommel said:

As far as I know, when you sink/get capped you lose all further progression during that battle. Logical, as your captain isn't "alive" to see the results of the action.

Unless things changed I was once in a shallow water port battle and held off the other team from the final tower (old system so could of been changed).   Well I had only 1 killed and 2 assist when I died.  But when the battle was over I had 2 kills and 6 assist.  Though I did spread a lot of damage over a lot of ships at point blank range.   Just cause you hit something doesn't mean you did a lot of damage and you have to do like 10-20% damage.  You might not just didn't get enough damage spread out.

Guest sruPL
7 hours ago, Kloothommel said:

As far as I know, when you sink/get capped you lose all further progression during that battle. Logical, as your captain isn't "alive" to see the results of the action.

You get assists and kills as long as you stay and spectate the combat. The problem might be getting captured.

I personally consider it a bug. The damage and kills or captures I get before I die should count. If an enemy finally sinks from damage I made while alive after I sink or get captured should count toward my score. Imagine I'm alone in a 1v4 and capture 3 ships, but the 4th one sinks me or captures me, where  would those 3 ship points just disappear to? Or does the last person alive just absorb all my points?

3 hours ago, sruPL said:

You get assists and kills as long as you stay and spectate the combat. The problem might be getting captured.

I don't like this either. I shouldn't be stuck watching a battle I'm no longer in for up to an hour and a half in order to get the rewards from it. When the battle is finally over, the score should be tabulated and rewards distributed to everyone, living or dead.

We are planning to rework the current system - a Captain will not need to wait till the battle is over to recieve all rewards. 

It will be done after the battle is over regardless sunk/captured players present