Game-Labs Forum

How to rank up fast/get XP fast

Redmer

Yo what's up everyone, 

I'm quite new to the community and just started playing Naval Action. I ranked up and just got the Snow, but i feel like i rank up really slow. I've just been doing missions against like AI ships. I was wondering if there is any specific way to rank up fast and get new ships? Thanks in advance. :)

Hello ! To make XP you should do some missions and hit the hulls of the ennemy ship. If you destroy the sails or kill the crew you will not male too much XP as to compare to hull damage.

But there is no secret, mission mission mission and mission again ,) be patient is the secret of your success

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Take your time, learn the ships and learn the game.  You be surprised how many folks rush up into the bigger ships and than get totally owned in battle cause they can't even do basic stuff like manual sail.

Learning all ships will also give an edge as you will know what each is capable of and therefore a valuable aid when fighting them.

• Like 1

Guest sruPL
1 hour ago, Le Vulture said:

Hello ! To make XP you should do some missions and hit the hulls of the ennemy ship. If you destroy the sails or kill the crew you will not male too much XP as to compare to hull damage.

But there is no secret, mission mission mission and mission again ,) be patient is the secret of your success

Killing crew gives lots of experience. In Post / Flag Captain mission when I got 5 assists and 1k crew kills, I got more exp than guy with 2-3 kills and assists. I was just stern raking all ships.

7 minutes ago, sruPL said:

Killing crew gives lots of experience. In Post / Flag Captain mission when I got 5 assists and 1k crew kills, I got more exp than guy with 2-3 kills and assists. I was just stern raking all ships.

ooh ok i was convinced to the opposite ! Thanks for the precision =) 

Thanks everyone for the answers, i have no need to rush, and i just want to enjoy the game and rank up. So i'll just do mission and stuff. And if someone could link me a good tutorial that would be nice. Thanks again :)

On 15-3-2017 at 1:40 PM, Redmer said:

Thanks everyone for the answers, i have no need to rush, and i just want to enjoy the game and rank up. So i'll just do mission and stuff. And if someone could link me a good tutorial that would be nice. Thanks again :)

The biggest thing to tackle is manual sailing, i would recommend grinding XP till you can fully crew a surprise and use that ship to do some PvP. Its a good ship to learn to manual sail, its very forgiving if you screw up, it has nice firepower vs other 5th rates, its a good sailing ship and the favourite of many. You can buy cheap NPC ones everywhere.

Its by sinking your ships allot that you learn the most, don't be afraid to sink or get capped. Don't use gold ones until you are confident enough to keep it affloat in sticky situations.

For missions I recommend sticking carro's on, they reload faster and do more damage, but has less range/accuracy, but the AI Tends to get close anyways. For PvP always use longs.

• Like 2

On 15/03/2017 at 1:40 PM, Redmer said:

Hum tcheck on youtube or in the forum, already exist for french speaker so i dont know about english speaking tuto