Game-Labs Forum

[PvP One] Revival of the Daily Small Battle Challenge

Liq

Escaping-Rule updated:

Escaping early from a battle is a cowardlike behaviour that can ruin the whole battle for your team and denies point credits for the enemy team. Only bring a ship you're willing to let go a dura from. Escaping from a battle will result in losing any points gained in the current battle AND a 0.5 points penalty for your total weekscore. Surrendering is fine, but don't escape.

• Like 4

Prize-distrubution for next week updated:

The prizes will be given out according to the principle of "First come, First serve", so that winners dont have to wait for the first guys to make their decision. Speeds up the prizedistribution by a lot and also encourages players to actively look up the prize pool.

Edited by Liquicity

there was a problem in fellvred battles... and we got the same here: i think that high ranks players playing with basic cutter(free ship) shouldn't receive the HUGE 0,8 bonus for 7th rate ship join.

its a shame that a free ship with 0 kills and 0 assists (no help for his team) gain 1,1 points with a win. (0.8+0.3)

so i suggest to remove the bonus of the 7th rate(0.8) for basic cutters or at least that used by experienced players. lets say from 3th rank on?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, elite92 said:

so i suggest to remove the bonus of the 7th rate(0.8) for basic cutters or at least that used by experienced players. lets say from 3th rank on?

Sounds fair.

28 minutes ago, The Spud said:

Little note, I'm in the ROYAL clan and not the AHOY clan tho.

Whops, sorry. Adjusted it :)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, The Spud said:

Cheers Liquicity for the great effort in organising all this, first time I joined yesterday was great fun! Sadly I didn't knew it was going to be all carro's.

Little note, I'm in the ROYAL clan and not the AHOY clan tho.

yeah I made the same mistake last week in my first battle :P

46 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

yeah I made the same mistake last week in my first battle :P

Well, as i was forced smack in the middle of a group of carro fitted essexes early on in the game which nearly sank me, I had to keep the distance for the rest of the game. So all in all it was not a bad choice having longs fitted. Will bring carro's next time tho.

9 minutes ago, The Spud said:

Well, as i was forced smack in the middle of a group of carro fitted essexes early on in the game which nearly sank me, I had to keep the distance for the rest of the game. So all in all it was not a bad choice having longs fitted. Will bring carro's next time tho.

As pretty much everyone joins the small abttles knowing they might die and the ships aren't important people aren't afraid to go close and fight. No point in running away. So thats why the carros come in.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

As pretty much everyone joins the small abttles knowing they might die and the ships aren't important people aren't afraid to go close and fight. No point in running away. So thats why the carros come in.

Well its cool to fight with carro's again, I found out yesterday I still need to perfect my aiming with it after not having shot one in a long time. But its great fun. I think longs are favourable over carro's towards the second half of the match where things get spread out a bit. But did do better with my carro's on yesterday.

1 hour ago, Kpt Lautenschlaeger said:

So errh, REALLY stupid question. How do I join this?

Just get into the appropriate ship and queue up for a Small Battle through the Missions screen a couple of minutes before 7pm server time?

Yep, the queue is up for 5 mins, so you have time to join from 18.55 to 18.59. You can also check global chat, a lot of people will tell you when you can join.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am terribly sorry to announce a huge loss, Small Battles, as we know them, will die, as announced by @admin

Small battles and all other sorts of lobby events will be removed

It has been a lot of fun, but now it's time to say goodbye to those awesome random brawls. Rest in Peace :(

wXOBoY0.jpg

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am terribly sorry to announce a huge loss, Small Battles, as we know them, will die, as announced by @admin

It has been a lot of fun, but now it's time to say goodbye to those awesome random brawls. Rest in Peace :(

You can try to restore old Trafalgar near Plymoth.

Edited by qw569
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, qw569 said:

You can try to restore old Trafalgar near Plymoth.

That's correct.

Although the driving factor is, for some reason - do not want randoms - which is a force driving away many people.

Big difference between the closed testing and release of EA where a lot of randoms ( just lol at the word ) decided to join.