Game-Labs Forum

Blueprints

LordMustang

Question

Hey guys,

New guy here. I have a few questions about BPs:

I'm currently level 10 crafting and working hard to increase that. I know that there a several BPs that you will simply unlock by crafting. Others have to be found elsewhere, through breaking up ships or being lucky when crafting a ship

1. If I break up a ship that's way above my level, will I still have the same chance of receiving the BP for that ship as players with a higher crafting level?
  2. Do current owned blueprints have any influence on the chance of a BP dropping from breaking up ships? Example: when crafting a pickle you have a high chance of receiving a Mercury BP. Does that mean that breaking up Mercuries is more likely to give a Mercury BP for me than if I didn't have a pickle BP?

Theoretical example: if I break up 10 Santisimas, do I have the same chance of receiving its BP as a crafting level 50 player?

Thanks for your answers!

25 answers to this question

Blueprints are all getting wiped during the wipe at the tail end of next month anyway.  For now, I'd just focus on leveling up your crafting level, as that will be retained after the wipe.  With that in mind, there is very little to be gained by an argument here in the comments, as such, thread locked.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LordMustang said:

Hey guys,

New guy here. I have a few questions about BPs:

I'm currently level 10 crafting and working hard to increase that. I know that there a several BPs that you will simply unlock by crafting. Others have to be found elsewhere, through breaking up ships or being lucky when crafting a ship

1. If I break up a ship that's way above my level, will I still have the same chance of receiving the BP for that ship as players with a higher crafting level?
  2. Do current owned blueprints have any influence on the chance of a BP dropping from breaking up ships? Example: when crafting a pickle you have a high chance of receiving a Mercury BP. Does that mean that breaking up Mercuries is more likely to give a Mercury BP for me than if I didn't have a pickle BP?

Theoretical example: if I break up 10 Santisimas, do I have the same chance of receiving its BP as a crafting level 50 player?

Thanks for your answers!

Guide to crafting:

1) If you don't hunt for BPs from the start - just craft traders cutters. They don't require any carriages and as such is a cheap way to get crafting xp.

2) Don't make low/mid/high grade notes unless you absolutely has to. They require a bucket full of hours and gives very little xp in return.

3) If/when you start hunting for BPs - use "gifted perk" and craft gold ships (4 notes) - increases chances of getting BPs markedly.

For the greatest fun/usage:

Craft traders cutters untill you reach lvl 20/25 that's when you go hunt for the surprise and renommee BPs as well as the rest in the <5 line. (privateer, pickle, mercury, rattlesnake etc). Those are ships that all can use and are usefull for PvP hunting etc. No better feeling than killing something in a ship of your own crafting!

For the BPs remember it's not irrelevant which ships to craft in order to get specifik BPs. And remember to think about what regional bonus you'd like for your ships:

This page can give you an idea about regional trims:

This pages is good for knowing which ships to make for what BPs:

http://www.navalactionwiki.com/index.php?title=Ships

www.navalactioncraft.com and the level of the crafter does not affect your chance to gain a blueprint, The level of quality of the ship does.

It does seem though that the chance to gain a BP through break up is either zero or very little and you can not gain a blueprint that you already know.

• Like 1

There is a percentage break down when you craft certain BP's that gives you the higher tier BP.

http://www.navalactioncraft.com/blueprints

If you don't use gifted you have a 5% chance to get the BP for a common ship, but 25% for an Exceptional.  If you use gifted it turns that 5-25% into 10-50%.   Once you learn a BP you can't get it to drop again.  So if you want to farm a few of them for alts or lower level clan mates than you don't want to learn the BP.  Look for the ships that will give you more BP's when you craft them.  These are the ones you want to craft to get the best results. 

• Like 2

It's a luck of the draw breaking up ships. I got my BUCC BP from a ship I captured off a player.  When I got my first surprise built many ages ago it was from NPC ships I captured I broke up and had almost all the parts other than a few things I had to craft and gather myself.  Than got some one to make it for me.   So breaking up ships can be handy.  Just don't let it break your bank if your going to buy ships just to break them up.  There is that small chance to get the BP though by doing so and some ships you can't get from NPC's so you will never get a chance to get the BP that way.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821902779

LordMustang

this is a guide I did a while back. Most of it is still relevant and point you in the right direction.

Norfolk nChance

I don't really get this part:

The drop is automatic 100% this way in the long run quicker and cheaper. DO NOT do it on the cheap building M'crft it won't drop all the BPs in one go. Pick Your builds in this order... 

1.Except Brig
it will drop in one build Mercury, NavyBrig, MotarBrig and Rattlesnake.

2. Except Murcury
it will drop in one Build Niagara, Surprise, Renommee

at XP 25 you will get an auto Frigate BP. Better to build Renomme than the frigate

3 Renommee Exceptl 
will drop in one build Belle Poule, Le Gros Ventre

4 Exceptl Belle Poule
will drop in one build Le Gros Ventre, Ingermanland, Trincomalee, Essex and the Constitution

you can work out the rest from there...
Build 4 exceptional ships only, and you get 12 BPs...

What you're implying is that building one exceptional Brig grants me 4 BPs guaranteed right? Because according to this post:

On 14-3-2017 at 3:19 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

There is a percentage break down when you craft certain BP's that gives you the higher tier BP.

http://www.navalactioncraft.com/blueprints

If you don't use gifted you have a 5% chance to get the BP for a common ship, but 25% for an Exceptional.  If you use gifted it turns that 5-25% into 10-50%.   Once you learn a BP you can't get it to drop again.  So if you want to farm a few of them for alts or lower level clan mates than you don't want to learn the BP.  Look for the ships that will give you more BP's when you craft them.  These are the ones you want to craft to get the best results. 

I only have 50% of a BP. Because 5% * 5 (exceptional) * 2 (Gifted) = 50%

• Like 1

That is correct. It works

Build 4 exceptional ships as above. You'll have 12 BPs

DO NOT do it on the cheap. Mastercraft or below it won't work. It MUST have builds exceptional and have "Gifted" on. Other perks help also.

I've done this, my clan members do it and others who read the guide. Have go.. and let me know.

Norfolk.

You are not guarenteed the BP's will drop, but with Gifted perk on there is a pretty good chance that something will drop. Breaking up ships gives you a 7.5% chance of discovering the BP, but it's not possible on all ships. http://www.royaltraderscompany.com/blueprintinfo.php gives you which ones you can do that with. Gifted perk is not supposed to increase break up chance, but we all think it does.

On 24/3/2017 at 6:54 PM, Shrez said:

Build only trader cutter up to lvl 50 then you have way better Blueprint drop chance.

Untrue - the chance for a drop is not affected by crafting lvl but by quality and perk.

8 hours ago, Shrez said:

It is!

No it isn't. In its current configuration crafting BPs dropchance are decided by the quality of the ship you make. U get a 5% chance as a general rule, then additionally 5% for each note you put into the build up to a maximum of 25%. With the gifted perk that chance is increased to 50%. I have read no other explanation from the devs but if I've missed one (and I find that highly unlikely) then by all means post a citation to back up your understanding of the crafting mechanics that seem to go against most anyone elses.

28 minutes ago, Shrez said:

Your claims are irrelevant and not true.

Go play somewhere else kid and plz stop stupid downvotes thanks.

I couldn't have said this better... problem is it applies to you... not Bearwall.

You do realize you're arguing with people who've been playing NA for a long time right? There's wisdom in old forum threads and a wiki that nailed down the BP drop mechanic ages ago.

22 minutes ago, Angus McGregor said:

I couldn't have said this better... problem is it applies to you... not Bearwall.

You do realize you're arguing with people who've been playing NA for a long time right? There's wisdom in old forum threads and a wiki that nailed down the BP drop mechanic ages ago.

You do realize you're arguing with people who've been playing NA for a long time right?

I'm playing NA since EA release, and i don't care of wisdom of some players my wisdom is even older.

I talked with a Dev long ago i tested this with 3 Accounts and it's true!

Higher craft level = much higher drop chance of BP's.  despite of crafting only exceptionals.

And @Angus McGregor Are you the referee here? You didn't contribute anything constructive.

Edited by Shrez

48 minutes ago, Angus McGregor said:

Talked with a dev? Which one?

As for me I had nothing more to add that hadn't already been said. If I offered anything, it would've been an antecdote that my BP drop odds seemed to run much higher then 50% with Exceptiional plus gIfted perk. And I always crafted the next ship as soon as I reached the level that allowed it.

Frankly, telling people to build only trade cutters until reaching crafting level 50 just sounds like you're trying to reduce market competition.

Haha for sure lol!

What is wrong with you? You are so paranoid you didn't deserve my answer which dev i talked.

I give my ships only to friends i have enough money i don't have to sell stuff.

Frankly, telling people to build only trade cutters until reaching crafting level 50 just sounds like you're trying to reduce market competition.

reported accusation without proof.

Edited by Shrez

For what it's worth, I've been collecting BPs as I'm levelling up, deliberately building the correct gold ships to get all the blueprints, even useless ones like the Traders Snow.

I started off using the navalactioncraft.com guide but since I've been able to parse the json files I've been using these directly (since navalactioncraft.com also parses the json files the numbers are the same, but I've put mine in a format I find easier to read).

The only BP I missed first time has been the Niagara off a Mercury, but that was because I didn't have the crafting level to make a level 5 ship so made a level 4 instead (which still came out gold, to my surprise). I got it next time. I've got quite a lot of BPs several levels before I can actually use them.

Unfortunately the next ship I want to build is a Surprise, for my own use, so no blueprints off that. But it'll be a Renommee next for the LGV and Belle Poule.

Of course with the wipe, it's all a waste of time, but hey!

Do we keep our learned BP like the ocean BP.. after the full asset wipe..?

And i have like Pirate Frigate BP and Heavy Rattle aswell.. but havent learned it yet.. its still in port.. 

Do i keep that after the full asset wipe..? Or do i need to learn it so i dont lose it..?

Greetings

John

On 3/24/2017 at 0:54 PM, Shrez said:

Build only trader cutter up to lvl 50 then you have way better Blueprint drop chance.

I can't believe you are STILL advocating this asinine strategy other than as a troll. By the way - I directly accused you of nothing - I just offered my opinion of your motivation for suggesting such a stupid idea. Sure - bypass any chance at crafting half decent ships for a long, long, loooong time for a tactic that you offer zero proof of.

6 hours ago, Shrez said:

What is wrong with you? You are so paranoid you didn't deserve my answer which dev i talked.

I rest my case. You are nothing but a troll. That is a ban-able offence.

Giving false advice to new players is a ban-able offense.

Reported right back at you. Consider yourself ignored and reported.

5 hours ago, Shrez said:

I'm playing NA since EA release, and i don't care of wisdom of some players my wisdom is even older.

I talked with a Dev long ago i tested this with 3 Accounts and it's true!

Higher craft level = much higher drop chance of BP's.  despite of crafting only exceptionals.

And @Angus McGregor Are you the referee here? You didn't contribute anything constructive.

Talked with a dev? Which one?

As for me I had nothing more to add that hadn't already been said. If I offered anything, it would've been an antecdote that my BP drop odds seemed to run much higher then 50% with Exceptiional plus gIfted perk. And I always crafted the next ship as soon as I reached the level that allowed it.

There was an hidden multiplier as craft level.

then by all means post a citation to back up your understanding of the crafting mechanics that seem to go against most anyone elses.

Your claims are irrelevant and not true.

Go play somewhere else kid and plz stop stupid downvotes thanks.

Edited by Shrez