Game-Labs Forum

Make signal great again

Signal are not really helping atm, it's just allowing defenders to add ship to gank.

You can't never have the same br as attacker as as soon s a ship enter in defence it close the battle

Proposal:

Allow defender to enter the fight untill BR are equal and not before BR are equal

It will place defender in superiority in br what will be balance by the attackers attackign together on same area

Guest sruPL

The Signal works perfectly. If battle is 1200 BR vs 1300 BR, ONLY a ship with 100 BR can enter, ship with 101 BR cannot. Signaling is supporting fair and even fights, not ganks.

1 hour ago, sruPL said:

The Signal works perfectly. If battle is 1200 BR vs 1300 BR, ONLY a ship with 100 BR can enter, ship with 101 BR cannot. Signaling is supporting fair and even fights, not ganks.

Yah not sure what he's talking about unless he can't get in cause of fleets.  We found that fleets have keep a lot of folks out or even worse didn't allow some one to get back up cause they had fleets.  We also tend to roll with a mix of ships now to fill in BR's.  LOL the other day we found out in the ROE you can get 4 heavy rattlers and a Privateer into before it locks up.  While not the same, but that little extra privateer was annoying the crap out of there ships.  Almost demasted a H Rattler just on my own.   So yah you need to look at your numbers, BR and ships and what they have and call it out when your expecting back up to show and it doesn't stay open forever.   Once it's kinda  close it locks it out.

40 minutes is an awful long time, for example you can sail from mortimer to the british capital in a slow 1st rate (avg. speed of 15 knots in OW) or vice versa and call for reinforcements through nation / global chat

56aa5196ba4b2c32275a051ad55fa969.png

Pleaes don't :( I like the current Signaling perk as it is, please don't let battles be open for  that massive amount of time. Will ruin it imo.

• Like 1

While i am a strong opponent of the long open timers for battles i think a long timer with Signal perk is acceptable. With some luck it might stop people from crying about insta close battles. 

It is arguably the best compromise, as long as Signal Perk only allows you to even out the BR i'm 100% fine with a 40 minute timer. Anything less is also fine with me. 

• Like 1

Can't really tell the full timer of the Signaling at the moment but it takes a fair bit of time to close. I would add 5 minutes on top of it because it really feels good.

Had both ends of the stick, being helped and having prey being helped, all in due time and with good order - meaning without being so late in the battle that all that the late comers enter to do is to watch the end of the battle.

Average combat time is less than 25 minutes. 40 minutes is simply, on average, equal to all the time open :)

I am not sure but from what i have witnessed while defending Little Harbour it seems that Signalling does not work properly. I watched as a friendly heavy rattlesnake attacked a pirate heavy rattlesnake. Over the course of a few minuets 3 other pirates joined into the battle one at a time. If signalling was working properly the battle should have closed instantly as the BR was equal.