Game-Labs Forum

ship duping

Lord Vicious

Now that is fixed, i just wanna let the others know that  ship duping was a thing.  (i didnt make a video i just reported that to INk)

You just needed to put a ship on sell, delete the char, (so you needed another account/alt) then the ship becomed "ownerless" and every hour at the minute 20, the stock  was changing from 1 to 2.

Fortunately the devs fixed it so every duped ship have become a ghost ship, that you cant undock/use/dismantle etc.    But "someone" know and used it as much as the module thing for months, hopefully now all their ships are unusable too.

i made a screen when the thing was still working  (there is no way for a guy selling ships to list 2 gold conny in the same sell, they always get listed as a single ship) 

5c503ac94e.jpg

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 3

Guest sruPL

and before you reported it, you made dozens of Strong Hull L'Oceans, right? (That's a question) Developers should investigate your account in that case.

Edited by sruPL

3 minutes ago, sruPL said:

and before you reported it, you made dozens of Strong Hull L'Oceans, right? Developers should investigate your account in that case.

Thousands!!! literally over 9 thousands

As i now the duping of ships come from an AHOY member  (at list in brit)

so.. you wanna tell us something? :) becouse for a weeksyour clan know both systems and didnt tell the rest

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 2

Guest sruPL
3 minutes ago, Lord Vicious said:

Thousands!!! literally over 9 thousands

As i now the duping of ships come from an AHOY member so.. you wanna tell us something? :)

Yes, I want to tell that I reported this to @Ink and that personally I didn't dupe a single ship :) Devs can investigate my account as well as my clan members. Exploiters that used this on mass scale should be punished and banned. All ships crafted in AHOY were crafted by the hard work of harvesting materials and trading, unlike in other clans.

Edited by sruPL

2 minutes ago, sruPL said:

Yes, I want to tell that I reported this to @Ink and that personally I didn't dupe a single ship :) Devs can investigate my account as well as my clan members. Exploiters that used this on mass scale should be punished and banned.

You made others in your clan do, btw all ships are ghost unusable so.. even if someone did he just wasted time :)

Guest sruPL
6 minutes ago, Lord Vicious said:

You made others in your clan do, btw all ships are ghost unusable so.. even if someone did he just wasted time :)

Sure, other clan members and their alts can be investigated as well. If you want to, ask Admin or other Dev to do it. I am glad that all dupes became ghost ships. I wish the same could happen with upgrades.

Don't pretend to be the hero here that reported a bug and now you make a thread on forums to take the glory for it and fix of it. You abused it on the mass scale.

Devs should publish a list of how many players had how many duplicated ships. Then we can justify them.

Edited by sruPL

Guest sruPL
1 minute ago, elite92 said:

well, seems i am the only stupid who was used to move mats and lose hours in crafting journeys to get his ships and modules here... so sad :'(

Not really, because the duped ships are useless now :) All exploiters lost their magical ships, you own the real :ph34r:

Edited by sruPL

Guest sruPL
13 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

I think we are many to be honest.

I think all alt accounts shouldn't be allowed because they are a temptation for a lot of players... I have heard of players farming their alt for XP... Other use them for PVP event and get a few easy kills (for a prize of ship & paint).

Alts should be only allowed to be in 1 nation imho. That would solve majority of the problems, griefing, abuses and exploits.

Edited by sruPL

7 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Devs should investigate everyone on PVP2. I swear i have boared and killed the same people tens of times when they were in first rates and they had gold marines. I wish i could have 10+ gold marines lying around 

Considering we didn't even have a clue what this was all about until one of the ex-US players told us the other night.  Though I don't think any of us run gold in 1st rates, Buccs hell yah, but than again mine never see anything other than traders.   I use MC Marines in my Bucc cause I like to be some what  combat effective.  Now what we think is funny is we keep hearing US and Brit players saying we where using some Dupping exploit months ago.  Which the ex-US player told us they have known about the exploit for months.  This means I would love all chars of all nations. I bet you we find out it was a lot more other Nations that used it than we think some do. I personnel have 2 gold marines and 2 MC and tones of blue,green,grey that I have collected over the last year.   I loose the Blue Green ones as I use them on risky ships.  Though I know for fact a few US/Brit players that we have killed that had Gold Marines on them and they have been sunk and lost a good number. I won't mention names but yah if they check they need to check every one.  I personally called in a fight to have that person sunk after he boarded me and I lost to his gold marines.  We went out our way to sink his first rate cause of that.  Loosing a gold marines in a 1st rate to us it harder hit than me loosing a 1st rate I can craft the next day as a replacement (did loose a blue marine in that fight).

• Like 1

French have problem to exploit bug... We find the TP in duel bug 5 days ago after have seen brits fleet tp to caracas, we saw duplicate mod after it was finish and now that...

It's sad to know we have face duplicate ship with duplicate modules that were tp in duel when we have had to craft our ships, risk our modules and finally sails to the port to fights...

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

French have problem to exploit bug... We find the TP in duel bug 5 days ago 

"have problems to exploit bug" lies, cuz you can log off infront of pb without getting a 30 min timer to wait after you log in next to the pb but don't worry it's not only france but also danes and swedes

"we find the tp in duel bug 5 days ago" for sure you used it before you reported it

Edited by D4mi4n

43 minutes ago, D4mi4n said:

"have problems to exploit bug" lies, cuz you can log off infront of pb without getting a 30 min timer to wait after you log in next to the pb but don't worry it's not only france but also danes and swedes

"we find the tp in duel bug 5 days ago" for sure you used it before you reported it

I didn't know logging off in front of the port was a bug.

Guest sruPL
58 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

French have problem to exploit bug... We find the TP in duel bug 5 days ago after have seen brits fleet tp to caracas, we saw duplicate mod after it was finish and now that...

It's sad to know we have face duplicate ship with duplicate modules that were tp in duel when we have had to craft our ships, risk our modules and finally sails to the port to fights...

I've seen French basic cutters in duels earlier than 5 days ago. Maybe you didn't know, but not French players.

4 minutes ago, Pablo Frias said:

I didn't know logging off in front of the port was a bug.

they should get a timer when they do log in next of the pb of 30 mins or go to the nearest port to remove the 30 mins timer but it's still possible to logg off next to the pb and than log in without a wait timer

Guest sruPL
Just now, D4mi4n said:

they should get a timer when they do log in next of the pb of 30 mins or go to the nearest port to remove the 30 mins timer but it's still possible to logg off next to the pb and than log in without a wait timer

It's  on test server, not main.