Game-Labs Forum

HMS Barfleur (1768) - 3D Model

T1ckL35

Another hull test. This time showing the steps and hatches across most of the decks as well as starting on partition walls etc..

The wheel is just a slightly modified one from the last model and is way too high res. I'll sort that at some point

https://skfb.ly/67Qy8

Edit: reduced the wheel polycount quite a lot now

Edit2: I've now uploaded a version with the hawse holes tidied up (in the hull) and also showing the bow parts and the current basic stern :)

Edit3: Added a bit more detail

Edited by T1ckL35
updated 3d model
  • Like 1

Adding a little more detail around the bow area and tidying up some of the upper rails

I think the textures will be important around this area judging by reference pictures of her sister ship, the princess royale

barfleur-18.jpg

Edited by T1ckL35
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Howdy,

I'd got a bit disgruntled with the game and distracted with Hearts of Iron 4 earlier in the year as well as spending a bit more time offline.

Funny you should post because I've just started playing Naval Action again and am just ramping up to start continuing with this model.

So I may well kick up Blender tonight and start trying to remember how to use it ;)

• Like 1

Cheers @A. P. Hill hopefully not in this case :)

Last night I tidied up some bits, separated some wales, separated some parts from the bow that didn't need to be part of the main hull mesh and am just having a play with arrays in Blender to make the steps down the outer hull side. Then I might tackle the rudder or something

Still working on the stern - not too much to show at the minute.

Here's a question to modellers - how do you do the actual windows? Do you model the frame around each window pane or do you use a texture to mimic the windows being see through and then use texture to make the white frame area?