Game-Labs Forum

Good day everyone.

I just made my first post after the change to this... wonderful new forum software and now I am utterly lost.

If I add spoiler tags once to my post it works fine. But how on earth do I have more than one spoiler tag without causing spoiler-ception?

Situation is this:

I wanted to make a little write-up of the events of our last patrol and adding spoiler tags around the first pictures in the post meant I added EVERYTHING after those pictures as well.

Sure I could drag and drop afterwards but as soon as I save that it'll once more add everything into one massive spoiler with a lot of sub spoilers. Besides, it can't be the idea of things having to edit it each time just to get it to work, right? Or is it no longer judged desirable to hide pictures to make scrolling through threads less annoying?

I couldn't find any guides to this, but if I missed something I am terribly sorry and a link to that place would be fantastic.

Otherwise, if someone could help me out here that would be very much appreciated.

I feel like an old person discovering the internet for the first time... :huh:

I know, Liquicity. That's not the issue.

The issue is that you can't have multiple separate spoilers in one post and you can't have text or anything else after that one spoiler you're permitted to have,

To go back to the example in the first post:

I/we usually write up our sorties with text, pictures to illustrate the text, more text, more pictures, more text.

To make scrolling through less annoying - and maybe save those with slow connections a few annoyances as well - we usually spoiler those pictures. And that is no longer possible for reasons described above.

@Anolytic it's at least good to hear that I am not the only one. ^_^

Not sure I understand completely, but for me it seemed to work out just fine to have multiple spoilers in one post

example:

Hello :-)

SampleText

Hello again :)

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Not sure I understand completely, but for me it seemed to work out just fine to have multiple spoilers in one post

example:

Reveal hidden contents

Hello :-)

SampleText

Reveal hidden contents

Hello again :)

Try it with pictures or quotes in the spoilers. I don't know why, but I had the exact same issue as @Hagen v Martius and I made several attempts definitely with the correct spoiler tags.

Interesting that it works for you. When I tried it yesterday it flat out refused to do it and added everything into one massive spoiler.

Just to test it I'm gonna try to add to pictures to this one.

Of course I add a typo...

Editing these seems utterly impossible as it refuses to take the "save" when you have new spoiler tags and existing ones.

HYbNIYd.jpg

lore ipsum

HA83EyO.jpg

lore ipsum

Edited by Hagen v Martius

No,  I'm sorry.

I am utterly unable to get that to work for some reason.

First attempt had two o's in the second spoiler, but removing them completely and starting from scratch does the above.

/edit

Since for some reason the option to display the bare text without formatting isn't available to us, could you take a screenshot of a post with two working spoilers before you post it, Liquicity?

Maybe that way I can see where our methods differ.

Edited by Hagen v Martius

No, I continue to be at a loss. More than one spoiler with screenshots results in spoiler-ception and it looks exactly like yours.

But thank you for your efforts, I guess I'll need to either limit myself to one spoiler and leave them out completely in the future.

I must chime in that I do have the same problems as Hagen, and it is with the newer forms of forum that keep on cropping up. I'm rather au fait with using coding on forums ([url=https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,217806.0.html]proof of sorts[/url]), but these newer ones just give me headaches with their flashy nature - I'd rather have a simpler, less flashy forum anyday.

EDIT: See above - there is a case in point! I should be able to create a link behind a word just by using [.url=][./url] but it can be so finicky.

Edited by Rikard Frederiksen
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12.3.2017 at 3:56 PM, Hagen v Martius said:

No, I continue to be at a loss. More than one spoiler with screenshots results in spoiler-ception and it looks exactly like yours.

But thank you for your efforts, I guess I'll need to either limit myself to one spoiler and leave them out completely in the future.

I had the problem too. You can drag and drop those stupid spoilers in the top left corner to clear out the spoilerception