Game-Labs Forum

Morale bug in boarding

Anolytic

While grinding a mission I was boarded by an AI and it was stuck on 1 morale for a very long time without any possibility for me to kill it. I had to kill all of its crew, even though by the end I had 10 times its crew and still plenty of morale.

2 hours ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

Easily as annoying as seeing AI gain preperation points while using fire grenades/fire deck guns/etc. While you're at it please remove that too.

This effect actually goes both ways.

Regarding morale, to finish off the AI use the Attack option to wipe out remaining morale. Other forms of attack will not drop it to 0.

My apologies for not watching the video first. I see the point you were making and did not realize you were on the defensive side of the boarding action. 

The video shows you in two battles, on the offensive the first time which there was nothing unusual and the later battle you were placed on the defensive which is where things got odd. I did also notice one other possible glitch. After the first battle you were left with 566 crew and should have gained 90 from press gang for a total of 656. At the start of the second boarding your showing a crew of 744. Any idea where the additional 88 crew came from? You in fact began the second boarding action with more crew than you did the first one. I have seen some oddities when I have had press gang enabled that forced me to actually wipe the crew out because even on the offensive the morale would not drop to 0 before the crew did.

Edited by Raekur
correcting a typo
  • Like 1

Hmm. I didn't notice the abnormality in press gang before. But after watching the video again I notice that in the second half of the second boarding enemy Fire deck guns are a lot more powerful compared to my attacks than it normally is, and that might partially account for why the morale did not drop from 1 to 0. At least in the beginning. Although Fire deck guns in being so effective against attack is in itself an oddity when it normally isn't.

Edited by Anolytic

1 hour ago, Anolytic said:

Hmm. I didn't notice the abnormality in press gang before. But after watching the video again I notice that in the second half of the second boarding enemy Fire deck guns are a lot more powerful compared to my attacks than it normally is, and that might partially account for why the morale did not drop from 1 to 0. At least in the beginning. Although Fire deck guns in being so effective against attack is in itself an oddity when it normally isn't.

I think that was changed like 3-4 weeks ago - fire deck guns suddenly started being a real killer against attacks while before it was a sure attack win.

12 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

I think that was changed like 3-4 weeks ago - fire deck guns suddenly started being a real killer against attacks while before it was a sure attack win.

It seems variable though. Because I still use attack against Fire deck guns successfully. And in the first boarding I won the boarding that way. In the second boarding I took him down to 1 morale using Fire deck guns, then after that fire deck guns seems to kill 3/4ths of what attack does even when enemy has much less crew left.