Game-Labs Forum

Boarding doesn't award hostility

JollyRoger1516

This has probably come up before but I am just posting it here nonetheless in case it hasn't.

Yesterday I was sailing around in my Privateer to find myself a few litttle targets to board. After boarding 5 ships (2 players, 3 AI) by keeping them within area control, chaining them down and then jumping on board with the marines after a load of grape I noticed that I had not received any hostility points and neither had the region's hostility gone up. I am aware that this problem can be countered by simply putting a broadside of ball into the target however as a good privateer I have no interest in seriously damaging my future possession (or set players on fire/give them leaks by accident). Please fix this and allow boarding only to also be awarded as a kill for the hostility.

As I said that is not a solution and at best a temporary fix. You risk a fire or leaks by shooting ball and you damage the ship. Good hunters don't shoot at the ship itself and they are the ones harmed by this. And you could still exploit it like crazy - 1 shot then surrender - with prepared that takes about 10 more seconds!!!