Game-Labs Forum

Hostility mission griefing

15 minutes ago, Rick Astley said:

Show me in military history where "defenders" *as you claim* sail toward the enemy fleet and runs causing a timer that followed historical captains around the globe to run out and fail the missions???

I can tell you that is complete shite!! If you and others came to defend... bring a fleet and engage!!

First, stop comparing real history to this game, this is non-sense.

Second, if they did that, that's because they were simply not enough to fight you in an equal fight, maybe other players available were sailing or in another battle.

If they did that, that's only because they ain't got the choice, now don't be mad because 3 or 4 guys just stopped your whole and mighty PvE fleet.

Edited by Major General La Fayette

7 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Not so square out but "drawing out a enemy fleet" has been done a thousand times.

One of them is still celebrated as a great victory. Allowed the landing of a army and drew out navy guns that could be supporting a land army.

And yes, in the age of sail. Well, they weren't playing games.

Are you talking about the cheasapeake battle ?

5 minutes ago, Major General La Fayette said:

First, stop comparing real history to this game, this is non-sense.

Second, if they did that, that's because they were simply not enough to fight you in an equal fight, maybe other players available where sailing or in another battle.

If they did that, that's only because they ain't got the choice, now don't be mad because 3 or 4 guys just stopped your whole and mighty PvE fleet.

So you attacking Augustus for asking an honest question about is this allowed. Then humiliate yourself stating it was a defense... it wasn't but if the devs state it is allowed and ok... no problem.  I'm sure the western alliance will do the same.

I used to reduce hostilities around Belize previously by doing missions to reduce hostilities not jump the Spanish doing childish hit and runs on there fleeting fleet.

You want to look and sound like a gentleman, then act like one and conduct your naval campaign with such actions and behavior.