Game-Labs Forum

OPEN BETA v0.77

We have just made available an open beta for everyone who wishes to test the following changes:

Patch 0.77 Hotfix rev18597

New

• Added new option for Campaign Easy Difficulty Level called "Fixed Enemy Strength". When you enable this mode you will confront AI armies of fixed size so your victories will matter more, as many have requested.

AI

• AI has better territorial perception and should respond and fight even better.

Balances

• Flank/Rear ranged damage is reduced because it was overpowered but morale impact has been enhanced accordingly. Damage will be better manageable and units will not break and rout so easily as before.
  • Melee penalty for cavalry in woods and harsh terrain has been fine tuned so cavalry is now more useful as requested.

Fixes

• Fixed & balanced overpowered infantry veteran perks (Marksman, Firearms course, Elite, Sharpshooters) that were giving opposite reload bonus/penalty or were giving too much boost.
  • This will fine tune veteran units which could be overpowered for both AI and player.
  • Fixed hold button issue that made it impossible to cancel hold state.
  • Fixed continuous soldier re-arrangement in fortifications.
  • Fixed objective timers that could wrongly continue battle (instead of stopping) because of time/fps desync.

To access this beta branch:
- Right click "Ultimate General: Civil War" in steam library and select "Properties"
- Go to Tab "Betas"
- Copy/Paste this code "ugcwPublicBeta" to the empty space and press "Check Code" button
- Your code should be confirmed and then you can switch to the beta mode from the list "Select the beta you would like to opt into".

Note:
The beta branch is not final so we need feedback to improve it or fix any bugs that you may find.

• Like 1

Super excited to test this. Is Fixed Enemy Strength only available in Colonel mode or will it be selectable in Brigadier General  and Major General modes? 

Thought it might be more interesting to test the fixed army size with the higher difficulty AI. As it is, I feel that it is not an accurate test of the Fixed Army Strength.

Edited by CaptainKanundrum

Uh did easy mode get harder or something? I just did both starting mission on easy mode with the new size option and I was slaughter to the almost the last man and failed.  Those that wasn't slaughter where routed and broke up even if I had good cover, fortification or almost twice the numbers.  I'm sorry if this is easy mode I don't want to see hard mode. I didn't have this much trouble on the first mission on normal when I played it a a month or so ago.   Last I checked easy mode should be basically that easy and not to mention the first missions is for some one that never played before to learn it not be slaughter and the game over (should have option if you loose to move on).  And like I said I have beat both sides all ready up to the current last battle so it's not that this is a new thing to me.  Just seems all my mean keep just up and running if some one breath their way and as soon as there officer was killed.  My union first missions pretty much every officer was killed by time I got to the defend the town part.

I mean could be just bad luck with RNG, but to have both start missions for both sides end like this on EASY MODE?

Fixed enemy strength - means that no historical scaling is used. It is boring and uninteresting mode (we want to understand necessity of the mode), because when player will create large and strong army, AI will continue to act as it is and won't be able to provide a challenge.

1 hour ago, sterner said:

Fixed enemy strength - means that no historical scaling is used. It is boring and uninteresting mode (we want to understand necessity of the mode), because when player will create large and strong army, AI will continue to act as it is and won't be able to provide a challenge.

I like it cause I don't like maxing out my army all ready.  So I can run smaller corps of guys that aren't maxed out size units.   Yes some times one might want the max of every thing, but I'm one of those players that like to tweek things a bit to try them different ways. This way I don't have to burn all my men and money up trying to max out my units.  I can have a nice bit of reserves encase RNG hates me like the first two matches I did this eve.  I'll come back later today after I have slept and try one of the sides again.