Game-Labs Forum

DonJuan DiMarco suggests - ALL PORTBATTLES ARE CANCELLED

Donjuan Dimarco

Otto >

Who are you to make such statement ?

he is don dimacho ,you can see it on the upper left side:))

25 minutes ago, Pada said:

Did the developers say what this so called "hotfix" looks like?

not yet,

they need some time to fix it, but probably tomorrow  there will be a fix, that's all, how it looks like we do not know yet.we will see that in the next couple of days

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Donnerschock said:

I don't know who that guy is, so i believe that is just another butthurt comment on the duped module thingy, meanwhile we gonna do some more PBs. I knew more than six months ago about players that duped modules AND ships but I never encountert that much flaming and crying in this forum here before.

Knew and did what? Because it not becoming public knowledge nor addressed until 6 months later speaks volumes in that regard.

The Game-Labs Naval Action development team is aware of the issue.

Also, remember this rules are in effect all the time. Two wrongs don't make any good. Good luck.

Also making such public display information of bugs/exploits, as it was made by some member-players, is a 200% sure way of damaging the game during the buggy test phase.

So think before you act. The Game-Labs Naval Action development team is reachable by several means, by forum PM and emails.

Respect Game-Labs and respect your fellow players.

Exploits and game breaking bugs.

It is the responsibility of captains to report exploits and game breaking bugs.
If you found something that allows you to receive abnormal amounts of XP, money or goods - please report this by using F11 or on the forum.
Its ok if you used that bug for testing reasons and reported all cases to us. It is not ok to use the exploits consistently.
Captains with abnormal net wealth will have all their assets removed and in subsequent cases their accounts deleted. 

• Like 8

And the OP suggestion is going entirely in the wrong direction from where I am sitting. While there are boatloads of balancing issues around the Port Battles at the moment, they still constitute (for me at least) the biggest and most diverse PvP content in the game. And I like PvP. I have yet to get into a port battle proper, but even the scouting, screening and deployment battles I have taken part in were oodles of fun.

20 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Forgive him, hes just a monkey. I think he had live oak regions in mind.

In that case about half the server is cheating just because they still have enough live oak to keep production going.

At least what the Danes and others have done is ambiguous as to its legality.

Duping? Not so much. But I'd love to hear someone try to justify it in order to put it in the same ballpark.

Edited by Guest

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out"

(I was about to say 'a wise man once said' but the guy with the quote was a racist bigot. He got that part right though)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out"

(I was about to say 'a wise man once said' but the guy with the quote was a racist bigot. He got that part right though)

Well lets remember Macaulay lived in the early 1800s, so their idea of bigotry vs our idea of it was considerably different.  But a good quote none the less.  

I personally find it very difficult to believe that some of D-K was not fully aware of this.  The logging out in front of the swords for 2 days before a battle, skipping econ during that time.  It makes sense, who needs to do econ when you can print out ships with full perm mods and throw on fake golds for every single ship.  Of course this "investigation" will only go into what happened this week and only the recent newcomers to this mythical art will be punished, not the culprits who have been doing it for 4 months.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

The Game-Labs Naval Action development team is aware of the issue.

Also, remember this rules are in effect all the time. Two wrongs don't make any good. Good luck.

Also making such public display information of bugs/exploits, as it was made by some member-players, is a 200% sure way of damaging the game during the buggy test phase.

So think before you act. The Game-Labs Naval Action development team is reachable by several means, by forum PM and emails.

Respect Game-Labs and respect your fellow players.

Exploits and game breaking bugs.

It is the responsibility of captains to report exploits and game breaking bugs.
If you found something that allows you to receive abnormal amounts of XP, money or goods - please report this by using F11 or on the forum.
Its ok if you used that bug for testing reasons and reported all cases to us. It is not ok to use the exploits consistently.
Captains with abnormal net wealth will have all their assets removed and in subsequent cases their accounts deleted. 

I should think it should be a very simple matter to do a SQL query on the database and nail exactly who used this exploit. The conditions are clear and not normal game play. Anyone who has taken advantage of this before the story finally went public should be punished. Severely if they routinely took advantage of it, and I don't give a flying fig who they are. This is cheating - pure and simple.

I'm also not inclined to think much of anyone who heard 'credible' rumors that this was going on months ago and said nothing about it to the devs. Nice one ace - any and all of you. Btw - a pat on the back to those who did report unfair game exploits to the devs. I've only found one and it wasn't nearly as juicy as this - but I reported it and it was corrected within a week in the very next patch.

Not really in the same league, but IMO this also reinforces the fact that player solutions to mechanic deficiencies are a wasted effort because there's always the clowns who will F-it-up just because they can.

• Like 7

Ditto, me too! Gone have the days when I get between 5-10 posts get removed #cough (apart from today I mean) :s

I personally don't like this holy butter wouldn't melt on the honorable gentlemans face (while sitting in stolen car) rubbish

Just now, Angus McGregor said:

I must say I have certainly noticed the difference. I was worried you'd give yourself an ulcer there for awhile. :o

Quite the opposite. I try to step back and look at problems in a more detached way. That way I can come to a more reasonable conclusion. And it lowers my blood pressure by quite a bit ^^

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Lord Vicious said:

And let a clan using it for months behind the rest of the community

is not right?

We are at sea sir. High horses do not belong on a ship of the line. So you can't possibly be standing atop a high horse with such a low glass rooftop over your head.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

We are at sea sir. High horses do not belong on a ship of the line. So you can't possibly be standing atop a high horse with such a low glass rooftop over your head.

Better be in a precarius equilibrium revealing cheats, then stay in the mud "covering" the abusers.        Do you remember who revelead to the community over a year ago the  duping  of the blueprints?  or the pump perk op/exploit?     I play for competition, and if i win i wanna have all the rights to  shovel it  in your face , nowing that it happened thrue better skill always using legit methods. , winning by cheating  make you the biggest looser ever. And my tollerance for that is 0. since i started playng online counterstrike  4.3 back in 1998. when e-sport was at beginning. 

How is that i always reveal this things? and how is that usually they come from the same community using it?

I am the only one with eyes, or someone "close his eyes" when a certain group use this stuff?  1 time is a coincidence 10 times is not

If you where doing your job better we would not be here :) , you seams super ager to censor instead condamn. 

Edited by Lord Vicious

This only affects 1. rate pbs, so stopping all is a bit overkill.   

This exploit should just have been bug reported, not spread as DIY video guide. If there where evidence of abuse it should have been used in a tribunal.
I have only seen video evidence of one player using this exploit. What that person is saying in the video is irrelevant. It's not irrelevant because this person has a long history of bull-shit statements. It is irrelevant because he has to much to gain on framing RUS.
Most likely he was handed a smoking gun by one of is own and decided to spin it in his favor. Result he blamed someone he has a grudge against. I have to add that I have no evidence for this theory, it just fits perfectly.

I seriously hope they can track down the players who used this exploit before the video was posted, and that those players are banned. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

This only affects 1. rate pbs, so stopping all is a bit overkill.   

This exploit should just have been bug reported, not spread as DIY video guide. If there where evidence of abuse it should have been used in a tribunal.
I have only seen video evidence of one player using this exploit. What that person is saying in the video is irrelevant. It's not irrelevant because this person has a long history of bull-shit statements. It is irrelevant because he has to much to gain on framing RUS.
Most likely he was handed a smoking gun by one of is own and decided to spin it in his favor. Result he blamed someone he has a grudge against. I have to add that I have no evidence for this theory, it just fits perfectly.

I seriously hope they can track down the players who used this exploit before the video was posted, and that those players are banned. 

Regardless of the finger pointing, this was the best way to ensure swift action.    

• Like 2