Game-Labs Forum

Add BR-Limit to battles in PvP event zone

Sigh, here we go again.
I found this swedish Constitution, alone, just like me, also in a connie, just outside the pvp event area. We had a short discussion through PMs, were agreeing on a fight in the zone, so the winner would get the points and a chance for some nice loot eventually. Sounds great, doesnt it? Almost too good to be true.. Well, it is..

C55CE094688D742EAC2CBCF7EE023EE32AFD030A

Shortly after our promising little duel started, we got joined by some uninvited pirates. Not just one or two. A whole bunch of them, not looking for a good fight, just wanting to get the points by killing a ship in an unwinnable battle.
Even though my position in that battle was pretty bad (looking at the wind and positioning of the enemy ships), I somehow managed to escape, but that's not my point. I was looking forward to that nice duel. This is, IMO, part of the reason most of the solo / small-group pvpers are giving up / already have given up and quit the game.

98612CB1BAECC7CE8D0EA52CF009D0D1D66351E8

Why is this a thing? why is it possible to join a BR-wise even fight, connie vs connie, in such massive amount of numbers?
PLEASE add a BR-limit to when joining battles in the pvp event zone.. I mean i'm somewhat ok with battles being open for a short  time in that area, but then there should be an automatic BR-limit (signaling perk). You can't just add a part of signaling perk and leave the other one, also imporant one, out..

That's not even all I've got to say.. For some, whatever weird reason, the pirates seemed to also be able to join both sides of the battle, for which I fail to find a justification for..  This seems highly exploitable.

B4A50424EBBDAC2706F257716F25041E38435480

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 3

This 100% Is why I quit NA. You can spend hours looking for a decent fight only to have it ruined by a bunch of baboons looking for easy prey. That's been a problem since OW was released, most of the population that play NA are looking for easy fights that they already know that they will win before battle starts. Any fleet that could possibly challenge them in a fight they run from.

I Guess it's the players and not the mechanics. Every time the devs tried to change mechanics to give us closer to even fights you end up getting those players whining on the forum they can't find those easy fights. It gets ridiculous looking for a similar BR fight but all you get is the retards who want easy fights and no chance of losing. Theirs no point of even asking. 

45 minutes ago, Pada said:

You know that the signaling perk works in the event area right? I always used it to get nice 1v1 without interruption.

I'm not sure the signaling perk would have helped here unless there were friendlies around willing to join. It doesn't guarantee even BR. 

52 minutes ago, Farrago said:

I'm not sure the signaling perk would have helped here unless there were friendlies around willing to join. It doesn't guarantee even BR. 

What do you mean it does not guarantee even BR? In the case above (250vs250br) there is no space left for anyone to join, battle is closed instantly when signaling is active.

ok true, ill use that perk for the pvp zone from now on i guess, but still dont like the fact that they only applied half the 'perk' to the pvp event area and leave the other half out.

For the PVP Events I all ways thought it should be broken up like port battles.  One zone is for shallows and the other should be 4th rates and below.  Keep the SOL's to SOL port battles and big fleet grindings.  That would give the smaller guys more chance to fight on equal terms if every one was in frigates and below.

2 hours ago, Pada said:

What do you mean it does not guarantee even BR? In the case above (250vs250br) there is no space left for anyone to join, battle is closed instantly when signaling is active.

Hmm... you and I apparently have different understanding of what the signaling perk does. I don't think it ever functions by closing a battle instantly.