Game-Labs Forum

Could the US Prime Time be as easy as reducing 25 v 25?

Let's think about this for a second.   The biggest problem with US prime time is other nations do not have 25 people on for the port battle.  Could the solution be as easy as reducing the port battle from 25 v 25 to a 10 v 10.  I know WOW did this because players were having problems bringing 50 people...that worked pretty well.

I would think Port battles could be changed fairly easily to a system were it starts as a 10 v 10 and if the defender gets 2 more defenders in, the attacker can bring in 2 more.

Wouldn't this make it easier to defend a port battle if you only needed to find 10 players instead of 25?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Salty Dog PVP1 said:

Let's think about this for a second.   The biggest problem with US prime time is other nations do not have 25 people on for the port battle.  Could the solution be as easy as reducing the port battle from 25 v 25 to a 10 v 10.  I know WOW did this because players were having problems bringing 50 people...that worked pretty well.

I would think Port battles could be changed fairly easily to a system were it starts as a 10 v 10 and if the defender gets 2 more defenders in, the attacker can bring in 2 more.

Wouldn't this make it easier to defend a port battle if you only needed to find 10 players instead of 25?

Except I am one of the players who has showed up for most nightflip battles. And I've only participated it on behalf of friends and allies - to the detriment of sleep and rl. I won't do that forever and no matter how loyal anyone is they are going to be worn down. Look at the 7 at Remedios - not one of them is US based (to my best knowledge) and the same goes for Islamorada, Gasparilla, Cumana etc. etc. etc.

Wouldnt work because pbs are balanced for 25 ships. If you make it smaller forts and towers (which will be even stronger after next patch) would be super OP and unkillable because you cant afford to bring a mortar brig in 10vs10.

Furthermore you could just attack more ports at once, so the size doesnt matter.

But its nice that you start thinking about this in a constructive way now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rediii said:

This would generate new problems and kinda exploits.

You start with 10 players as defender. You bring way more screening guys and make sure everyone is tagged outside. After that you bring in the rest 15 players without letting the attacker have the chance to bring his 15 players.

Also defenders could join after the 10 attacking players cap A. Letting 15 players spawn on top of the 10 players.

Many more problems when i think about how to exploit it

Of course there would need to be a time limit that more players could join.

I can see your point about exploit.  Maybe it would need a queue that if 25 attackers try to join, they are all placed into a queue as more defenders join, the attacker does as well. maybe put them into the Port battle but they cannot drop sails until a matching defender joins.... after 5-10 minutes the extra attackers go to the end of battle screen.

Edited by Salty Dog PVP1

They should make RAIDS and I mean PvP raids not these stupid PvE raids they came up with, where it's 15 vs 15 or even 12 vs 12 (the size of a group) and use the old flag system.   Could be a quick way to get agro up that isn't a grind on a region.  You make the raid and it puts agro on that region and allows for smaller battles.   Though the big solution for the 25 vs 25 in off hours is put the server in some better location for all players and just merge them.  That and stop being so anti US players in some nations.  I know some of us would be happy to play in some nations other than US/GB.   Since things kinda picked back up for us on PvP2 in Pirates we have been busy, but we had brought up and came helped some on PvP1 when we where slow during our US prime time and it wasn't in US/GB nations.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Salty Dog PVP1 said:

The easiest way to fix PVP1 being plagued by us US real life players would be to OPEN UP THE TIMES FOR PORT BATTLES FOR OUR US PRIME TIME that way players stop leaving because they just lose ports without being able to do anything about it, literally at all, because they cant be on for the PB and they cant grind during their main time. Then US players on PVP1 can come back to PVP2 and be secured against bs carebear assaults at 3am in the middle of the week and then not being able to retaliate to the extent they are being attacked. 

Bring back old flag system with port timers combine them with raids, port battles fixed.
Implement new open world content and mechanics to bring players back to the sea, open world pvp fixed.

37 minutes ago, Pada said:

Bring back old flag system with port timers combine them with raids, port battles fixed. Wrong - there was a reason why we went away from the lord protector system. And funny enough it wasn't unlike the problem we have today - back then it was at least so that we could defend in our own timezone and choose to attack in US timezones.. Since all ports were on US timezones..
Implement new open world content and mechanics to bring players back to the sea, open world pvp fixed. If it was that easy I think it would've been done by now.