Game-Labs Forum

I use this spreadsheet to organize my trading.  Transportation whether Harbor Freight Fast (Delivery) or Harbor Freight Slow (Ship) depends on weight. This helps to combine and round up shipments. I have seven home ports labeled (A-G) from which I choose my Missions which I check daily. I put in the numbers, find  total weights using two columns on left labeled “T wt”  and ” #” that automatically calculate weight.   I then look for compatible transportation and ports, put in orders and start making rounds with my ships while other orders are in transit. I made it to fit a single paper sheet.

In the afternoon I train for battles and later in evening I finish up when Harbor Freight Express makes deliveries.

My goal is to improve so I can beat up on the cowardly Pee Rats who have taken my ships, sailors, and cargo.

There may be mistakes in this spreadsheet. Please share as you like. I love all the varied challenges this game provides while recognizing it isn’t for everyone. It’s a shame there is so much rancor.

My nome de nave “Captain Blackie” is in honor of my Celestial Navigation teacher from Portland Oregon from late 1980’s. He loved the So Pacific, was tired of crashing wooden boats on reefs and built a steel boat in his backyard in Oregon City. Towed it to Willamette River and I have never heard from him since. If anyone knows of him or how to contact him please let me know.   Here is a small part of spreadsheet.

T wt       #                                                   A    B    C    D    E    F   G    H    I
0           0    American Cotton         3.60            x                           

0           0    Arabian Coffee           1.86                                        
115.2    2    Arctic Fox Pelts          57.60    x                            x        
0          0    Assam Tea                  1.34     x                                    
0         0    Black Ironwood           108.80                                        
0         0    Burgundian Wine        8.00                                        
400    100    Cape Coast Honey  4.00                                         X

goodslistsheetsbase.xls

Edited by brighteye23s

Seriously? Are there so many useless crap items? No one needs it, you cannot use it for production. That's the NA problem, the market is fulfilled with shit like this. The worthless job only for money printing. That's the reason of ship prices. Ppl stop producing and selling wood, iron and other useful for everyone materials and components. because they are focusing their effort on hauling crap like this. Good job devs.

There have to be implemented conversion these junk into useful materials for ship building.

Edited by Rychu Karas
  • Like 3

"the varied challenges this game provides while recognizing it isn’t for everyone. It’s a shame there is so much rancor. "

Trading is a least distanced traveled intellectual problem which is a classic organizational challenge that was attempted by the founder of Fed EX.

Trying to solve it, like the NY Times crossword puzzl,e has a pleasure of it's own. There is room for everyone in this game except those too blind to see how really challenging it is.

Trading like this will become quite useful when @admin tells the @devs that we want the ports that we capture to require certain goods to be regularly delivered for them to remain loyal to the captors. If we stop supplying our captured port then it will cease to be under our nation and turn into a neutral port. This would force all those useless ports with goods to become of value. :)