Game-Labs Forum

Trying to limit screening will only throw a wrench into any potential agreement and cause contention and finger pointing. How would you tell people not to? At this point its a well known source of fun pvp for those who aren't included in any given PB for both sides. I understand why you want to include it but i dont think that one is remotely within anyones control. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Potemkin said:

Trying to limit screening will only throw a wrench into any potential agreement and cause contention and finger pointing. How would you tell people not to? At this point its a well known source of fun pvp for those who aren't included in any given PB for both sides. I understand why you want to include it but i dont think that one is remotely within anyones control. 

I can see the point by some of concessions involving screening, but Potemkin has a very valid point.  And to expand on Potemkin's point:

Only a limited # of people can join a port battle; OW PvP is to a large extent currently non-existent, which for some players leaves screening actions as the best (or sometimes only) opportunity for some players to get meaningful PvP.

Is there a way to satisfy the needs of everyone?

5 hours ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

Thanks you all to make things easier to negociate with quiet spirit. Les cayes is probably in this mood

6 hours ago, Aria said:

For people who doubted about english self esteem Las Cayes was fliped for 2h40 am.

you guys are funny.

After Castrie PB, à first conversation began between Groslulu (FR), Anolytik (DN), Augustus (GB), Dave (dn for SP), pipomatix (FR us Time based), Christendom (US) and me. Swedish and dutch have had noone online to représent them.

The discussion was quiet and constructive (Tx to admin's Damoclès  sworld to help) . À second meeting ils shedulded tonight.

You know what...how about this as a simple solution...3 servers with port battle times spanning 8 hours. Times listed for example only not actual.

Then pick the server you want to play on based on the time. With this, no one has any reason to complain about the time the port battles take place.

PVP1 - PB Time of GMT 13:00 - 21:00

PVP2 - PB Time of GMT 21:00 - 05:00

PVP3 - PB Time of GMT 05:00 - 13:00

6 hours ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

After Castrie PB, à first conversation began between Groslulu (FR), Anolytik (DN), Augustus (GB), Dave (dn for SP), pipomatix (FR us Time based), Christendom (US) and me. Swedish and dutch have had noone online to représent them.

The discussion was quiet and constructive (Tx to admin's Damoclès  sworld to help) . À second meeting ils shedulded tonight.

I'm sorry but I can not be politically correct with this matter. I do not believe in any kind of agreement with the same people who have been blackmailing our schedules for months. Now that the devs have made a decision is when they want an agreement. At last you have what you deserve.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Jorge said:

At last you have what you deserve.

We, NA players, get a Global Server running Conquest 24/7 and a EU specific server which runs on 10 hour time window based around GMT.

No one was deserving anything. Global server will continue to exist ( PvP One ). New EU server will be created.

You are in no position to exact retribution to anyone nor pass sentences to whom "deserves" anything.

You will chose a server to play in, Global or EU, and stick to your choice and leave others to it without further flaming.

~ moderation will ensure to provide a healthy community for newcomers and veterans alike ~

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

We, NA players, get a Global Server running Conquest 24/7 and a EU specific server which runs on 10 hour time window based around GMT.

No one was deserving anything. Global server will continue to exist ( PvP One ). New EU server will be created.

You are in no position to exact retribution to anyone nor pass sentences to whom "deserves" anything.

You will chose a server to play in, Global or EU, and stick to your choice and leave others to it without further flaming.

~ moderation will ensure to provide a healthy community for newcomers and veterans alike ~

It's only my point of view. Everyone who plays wherever he chooses. I do not know what your threats are when I have not disrespected anyone. And I still think that by not wanting to negotiate an exit first, now if they have what they deserve, a global server ... and another European.

• Like 1

The idea to negociate would be :

We try to succes to get artificial window by diplomacy that are ok for most of the population and to avoid the behaviors that kill both of our community
(Negociations are on the go)

If we succes to do so, it will help people to stick together in one server. If we failed, UE community have still the choice to flee on UE server
and about Castrie yesterday, i awake up on 7.3am to put kid at school, go back home and slipp until 3pm...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jorge said:

It's only my point of view. Everyone who plays wherever he chooses. I do not know what your threats are when I have not disrespected anyone. And I still think that by not wanting to negotiate an exit first, now if they have what they deserve, a global server ... and another European.

I do not threat.

Deserving has no place in NA. Choices do have a place in NA.

Let's keep it at that.

So 10 pages later what's the result guys? ^_^

Just having some fun thinking about "the move", if it ever comes to that. Will the EU players have to move to a new server or will PvP1 EU be the EU server with a locked PB window?

Would be interesting the look at the map on PvP1 EU 3 mounts after the eastern alliance had left. The western alliance would be forced to split up their alliance, to give them self content. And I like the sound of Dutch & US vs British & pirates. Wonder how that map would look after 3 months.. If Dutch defend during the day and US conquer during night, they might finally be the ones who send the British empire to their knees! That would be so awesome :D    

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

So 10 pages later what's the result guys? ^_^

Just having some fun thinking about "the move", if it ever comes to that. Will the EU players have to move to a new server or will PvP1 EU be the EU server with a locked PB window?

Would be interesting the look at the map on PvP1 EU 3 mounts after the eastern alliance had left. The western alliance would be forced to split up their alliance, to give them self content. And I like the sound of Dutch & US vs British & pirates. Wonder how that map would look after 3 months.. If Dutch defend during the day and US conquer during night, they might finally be the ones who send the British empire to their knees! That would be so awesome :D    

I'm confident we can come to some sort of arrangement with the people who are left.  Should the influx of new players from PVP2 over stack the alliances in US/GB I know my clan and myself would have no problems swapping to another nation.  Others feel the same.  Our goal from here on out is to create a nice harmonious whine free server population.

We also had an interesting conversation with Kerrip last night and a couple other nation diplos, including one of yours.  It's still too early to tell at this point how things will turn out, but it did seem like the french at least might be having 2nd thoughts about moving elsewhere and might want to try to make things work here.  This is good.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

I'm confident we can come to some sort of arrangement with the people who are left.  Should the influx of new players from PVP2 over stack the alliances in US/GB I know my clan and myself would have no problems swapping to another nation.  Others feel the same.  Our goal from here on our is to create a nice harmonious whine free server population.

Good Luck.....

18 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I'm confident we can come to some sort of arrangement with the people who are left.  Should the influx of new players from PVP2 over stack the alliances in US/GB I know my clan and myself would have no problems swapping to another nation.  Others feel the same.  Our goal from here on out is to create a nice harmonious whine free server population.

We also had an interesting conversation with Kerrip last night and a couple other nation diplos, including one of yours.  It's still too early to tell at this point how things will turn out, but it did seem like the french at least might be having 2nd thoughts about moving elsewhere and might want to try to make things work here.  This is good.  

And folks forget that the ones running the server right now isn't the Brits/US on PvP2.   Us Pirates have no love for the US/Brits and would be very happy to continue our fight against them on our times.  Prob with our long running alliance with the PvP2 Danes.  I'm sure many will be picking other nations to fill out from too.   So it might be a good thing.  The only issue I have and it's been mention by Admin that the location of the GLOBAL server isn't set in stone and might actually be brought over to the US server location.  This will prob get an increase of folks from the SEA/AU back playing cause it will give them better connection too.   Though who knows until that time comes.

I"m honestly hoping the set up a server and make PvP1/2 both merg into that server where we get all our redeemable from both servers and can pick new nations and the map/alliances are all reset so we can start with a clean slate.  That would be the best way to handle this no mater the physical location of the server.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

A good sign on your good understanding about the problem about nightlfip would have been to not show to les cayes.

You're show is just one more time a sign that you don't care on server time and on our sleep.

Love your nightlfips against us when you can, you won't find us soon around...

Edited by PIerrick de Badas
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

A good sign on your good understanding about the problem about nightlfip would have been to not show to les cayes.

You're show is just one more time a sign that you don't care on server time and on our sleep.

Love your nightlfips against us when you can, you won't find us soon around...

You're irrational man.  You complained to me yesterday when we didn't show at a couple of port battles.  You're mad now that we did show.  Is there any pleasing the French?  

We currently do not have any agreements in the works.  Only talks.  The war continues.  

• Like 1