Game-Labs Forum

3 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

Fortunately you are not the Voice of France :D:D

And what you said in your announcement on the French website is not true...

The Brits/Americans yesterday said that as long our alliance would do log-off in front of a PB they would do night flips.

Yeah luckily neither does Augustus still represent the entirety of the opinions of the Brits. Yet another reason my clan and others decided to part (only on a decision making lvl btw) with the council. I will not stoop to such a low level. I personally endorse any activity done by regular fleets in their respective prime time - we all gotta deal with it whether it be day flips, work flips or night flips - get over it and if you can't oppose it directly flip harder. But I will not back up intentional night flipping with the intent to piss others off - doesn't matter to me who started it or conditions why people are doing it but I ain't backing such crap.

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

- The Eastern Alliance stops logging out under the swords in front of PBs.  Sail to the port fairly like we do.

- The Eastern Alliance stops their morning flip campaign of PBs that are outside of both the US AND EU prime times.  1400, 1500, 1600.  You've taken multiple ports this way recently against some undefeated and barely rag tag defended ports.  This is the same as night flipping.

It is a joke. At the time of lords protectors US and ENG already use night timer to locked all attacks. Every port during panama campaing was lock at 4am/8am, it was 1 years ago. You don't react to our "morning flip", you have always done this way. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rediii said:

That was personally directed to tiargo. But i did quit. Will be back next patch i guess, depends on the patchnotes.

Fair enough. It's something.

So you say 17-22 servertime is ok for flips? Which times would you propose?

I wouldn't place PB past 22:00. With UTC+2 that's still starting at midnight.

7 minutes ago, Aria said:

It is a joke. At the time of lords protectors US and ENG already use night timer to locked all attacks. Every port during panama campaing was lock at 4am/8am, it was 1 years ago. You don't react to our "morning flip", you have always done this way. 

Yeah i remember the US did that to Spain a few weeks after hostilities started way back in early EA. 11pm-1am pb timers EST, idk offhand what time it was for the actual Spanish players, and we got nothing but shit when people called em out for it. If you think this is going to end any other way than solid game mechanics then i want what you're smokin. Its been shown a million times over over that players in this game cannot solve this issue on their own. If you wanna look like a "good guy" then by all means try to find common ground and a solution, i honestly hope you succeed. 

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, rediii said:

That was personally directed to tiargo. But i did quit. Will be back next patch i guess, depends on the patchnotes.

Fair enough. It's something.

So you say 17-22 servertime is ok for flips? Which times would you propose?

That of course would need to be discussed internally on both sides, but something in that ballpark yes.  ALL nations would need to agree to this and stopping the logout in front of ports would also need to be part of the deal.  

Is Christendom speaking for his nation, for both brits and US or just for him? What shoudl happend if a small group of 10 don't respect the deal? Does it mean the rest of the alliance won't join the pb?

Will the nightflip ports been given back to their owners as propose a long time ago? We're still waiting to get back Cumana Puerto de Espana.

I can open once again the negociating door but the last try was more like a trap than negotiations...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

2 have 2 choices:

• you dayflip every time they nightflip and then complain about the situation
  • you start discuss with them and stop tell them that it's EU server... when we know it is not since we have people from everywhere. And then you NEGOTIATE something with the other side to make EVERYBODY happy until the devs come with a solution

The 1st bullet is what masochist do
the 2nd bullet is what normal people do...

One question, who started attacking ports at night (a loooonnnnggg time ago) ?

16 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

Is Christendom speaking for his nation, for both brits and US or just for him? What shoudl happend if a small group of 10 don't respect the deal? Does it mean the rest of the alliance won't join the pb?

Will the nightflip ports been given back to their owners as propose a long time ago? We're still waiting to get back Cumana Puerto de Espana.

I can open once again the negociating door but the last try was more like a trap than negotiations...

Strictly US side.  Even then our clans would need to vote. This of course would need to be discussed internally within all the nations.  I do know the Brits and Dane are of similar opinions about the early attacks and logging off outside the swords.  This would need to be all or nothing.

Enforcement is difficult.  Impossible even.  Best thing we can do is say clans xyz won't show up to battles triggered outside the designated times.  Rogue clans and persons will unfortunately happen. 

Ports would not be returned.  Castries was attacked early and outside proposed times.  Care to give it up?

Last time we opened up negotiations it turned into the Keirrip whines about night flips for an hour show and everyone else didn't have much input or accomplish anything.

2 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

maybe the way to make a proposal is not a nation to nation deal but a clan to clan deal as you never can force rogue to make what you want.

But to make this deal works, a big part of nation should be necessary to sign it to avoid the rogue to be the most...

Proposals are made nation to nation. It's then discussed internally amongst the clans.  Diplos should not be going to other nations on a clan by clan basis

1 hour ago, rediii said:

20:30 then?

20:30????

That translates to 4:30pm EST, and 1:30PM PST.

In other words, no RvR for North)/South American players Monday through Friday when most are either at work or school, and port battles only on Saturdays and Sundays. Am I to understand that correctly?

If I am to be limited to RvR only 28% of the week, then perhaps I should ask Game-Labs to refund me $29 (72% of the $40 that i paid) as compensation for only being allowed to fully utilize the game 28% of the week?  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Why wouldn't it be on national news?  Nations discussing possible agreements would fall under such right?

Absolutely. Would love to see a formal document about the agreements and treaties :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

France is trying to get a consensus on what timers are "fair" to start a pb

There really are no fair times until you get into the weekends. But the way the hostility is set up it's difficult or almost impossible to get the ports fliped for an equitable time on the weekends. Also a lot of people want to play more often than two days a week... I know this has been beat to death but the only real answer is a larger more diverse player base in each Nation!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chijohnaok said:

20:30????

That translates to 4:30pm EST, and 1:30PM PST.

In other words, no RvR for North)/South American players Monday through Friday when most are either at work or school, and port battles only on Saturdays and Sundays. Am I to understand that correctly?

If I am to be limited to RvR only 28% of the week, then perhaps I should ask Game-Labs to refund me $29 (72% of the $40 that i paid) as compensation for only being allowed to fully utilize the game 28% of the week?  

48 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

There really are no fair times until you get into the weekends. But the way the hostility is set up it's difficult or almost impossible to get the ports fliped for an equitable time on the weekends. Also a lot of people want to play more often than two days a week... I know this has been beat to death but the only real answer is a larger more diverse player base in each Nation!!!!

Now I agree with both of you.  Restricting US playing times is not something that would be ideal.  We are however in a difficult position of seeing this game pretty much disintegrate before our eyes.  We might have to accept the possibility of playing 0% of the time on the server want or even the game at all, if we still continue to see the community flounder.  While night flips are not the ONLY problem, we can't ignore that it currently is one.  Just like early day flips and log outs at the port are equally frustrating to our side.

I'm willing to put some sort of agreement to the test if that is what it takes.  I would suggest all parties accept short term discomfort vs long term pain.  We will of course need to discuss internally.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Restricting US playing times is not something that would be ideal.  We are however in a difficult position of seeing this game pretty much disintegrate before our eyes.  We might have to accept the possibility of playing 0% of the time on the server want or even the game at all, if we still continue to see the community flounder.  While night flips are not the ONLY problem, we can't ignore that it currently is one.

Wait, is this you Christendom or got your account hacked?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

Now I agree with both of you.  Restricting US playing times is not something that would be ideal.  We are however in a difficult position of seeing this game pretty much disintegrate before our eyes.  We might have to accept the possibility of playing 0% of the time on the server want or even the game at all, if we still continue to see the community flounder.  While night flips are not the ONLY problem, we can't ignore that it currently is one.  Just like early day flips and log outs at the port are equally frustrating to our side.

I'm willing to put some sort of agreement to the test if that is what it takes.  I would suggest all parties accept short term discomfort vs long term pain.  We will of course need to discuss internally.  

Is that you? I want to report a hacked account!

That or we are agreeing YET AGAIN. Be gentle with me...

Edited by Kloothommel

Then, considering the broken screening and the vast numbers advantage in favour of the Western Alliance, let's also agree to stop screening port battles apart from those in close proximity to capitals and maybe a limited number of strategic ports for each nation. 

Night-flips for day-flips.

and

log-off for screening.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Then, considering the broken screening and the vast numbers advantage in favour of the Western Alliance, let's also agree to stop screening port battles apart from those in close proximity to capitals and maybe a limited number of strategic ports for each nation. 

and

log-off for screening.

You know if you keep telling the same story 10 times it doesn't mean that it will become true. We used to have numbers advantage in the past, but not now. Just look last few port battles. We barely get 25 and you get 25 in port battle and another 25 screening. You just use it as an excuse to do your cheating in front of our ports.

8 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

and

log-off for screening.

Broken screening or fixed screening as long as the log off option is available your side will use it.  Only one side uses this method.  Your side benefits from broken screening as does ours.  

Off limit regions is stupid.  

You want our side to give up our biggest advantage, you need to sacrifice as well.  Delaying your attacks is not equal to the US not attacking 5 days a week at night.  We need more.  

No night flips = No morning flips and logging off.  

You guys want to fix this game?  Put your money where your mouth is.  

• Like 1