Game-Labs Forum

UGCW Feedack 0.76 and higher

Generals, 

It is an honour to announce our newest game update!
LINK TO BLOG

Your feedback is always acknowledged and appreciated!

Hotfix rev18548 3/3/2017
We have just deployed a hotfix including the following:
- Fix of Chickamauga last stage for North (could not give victory wrongly for some cases)
- Fixed Chickamauga campaign window with no text
- Fixed wrong type of CSA Government offer for Chickamauga campaign
- Major General Cleburne added as Government officer for CSA in Chickamauga campaign (was requested)
- Major General Thomas corrected in text and rank
- Corrected Corps slots texts for Chickamauga North Campaign version
- Corrected some other reported text issues 

Hotfix 5/3/2017
- Build has been repaired to ensure all content is included

Patch 0.77 rev18615 10/3/2017
http://steamcommunity.com/games/502520/announcements/detail/583619190249726321

2 hours ago, sonnypemberton said:

loving it so far - reported with f11 but Chickamauga has no description on the campaign map.

Same for me. No description on the battles selection map, but the description is there at the beginning of the battle.

• Like 1

Gettysburg is certainly a bit tougher for CSA now.  Union clings to Oak ridge much more.  The correct strategy is still to avoid it and move everyone south towards cemetery hill but it is harder to hold the seminary now due to this change, and CSA takes more casualties.  You also have to make sure your late reinforcements from the north do not stall and assign 3-4 brigades to take Oak ridge once they show up.  A bit more challenging as the patch notes reflect .

I think I have to question the claim that the patch has "fixed" a bug concerning large AI armies in campaign.

6147D3CBC3346AC9952E9225D6D0B2CC24D67A55

Is it just intended for the Union player to be outnumbered that much at Chickamauga? At Gettysburg where I won handily, I had rough equality but I don't recall being outnumbered this much overall in a grand battle anytime recently as the Union. Of course, I did get to deploy three corps for that one. Also, I noticed the small battle prior to it doesn't seem to add a bonus of any kind for the battle,

Other thoughts; early in the second day as the Union, your first units are the same as the ones from the end of the previous day, meaning they've used up some ammunition. However their ammo is not replenished for the day nor does the supply wagon show up until your last reinforcements for the first corps arrive, which creates a bit of an ammo problem for those units if they end up in the woods blazing away at Forrest's skirmishers. And on the subject of Forrest, for the final phase for me, his cavalry spawned at Brotherton Road and Jay's Mill, right in front of my infantry and artillery, and was promptly blasted away. On the first day, with Wilder's delaying action, there's a real problem with the Confederate units routing through your lines and thus ending up behind and flanking you.

Overall I found Chickamauga a very enjoyable battle. The terrain certainly made it somewhat different.  The length of the battle the and relative isolation of your first corps means it's going to get mauled however; I will likely do a replay eventually to try and moderate the halving of my best corps. Chickamauga is substantially nastier than Gettysburg in that respect for me.

A question, too; do you have to hold Alexander or Reed Bridge at the end of the first day for the Union in order to progress? The in-game directions left me somewhat confused as to whether it meant only that you needed to hold the fords, or that one of the bridges was required. I slipped what was left of Minty's cavalry back to a bridge to retake it just to be sure.

Also, I was missing one artillery battery from I Corps, even though I wasn't over the brigade limit, and I was also missing one from my III Corps. I have to assume it's not intended for parts of the army that I'm explicitly allowed to bring to the battle to not show up. Addtionally, I noticed the option to recruit "Henry Thomas" before Chickamauga. This is probably supposed to be George Henry Thomas, the Union hero of Chickamauga. If so, his name should be corrected and he should also definitely be a major general. Thomas was one of the more senior Union major generals during the war, actually outranking Sherman. If we're going to give Dan Sickles his actual rank, Thomas should get his too.

Edited by Viperlord

1 hour ago, Viperlord said:

A question, too; do you have to hold Alexander or Reed Bridge at the end of the first day for the Union in order to progress? The in-game directions left me somewhat confused as to whether it meant only that you needed to hold the fords, or that one of the bridges was required. I slipped what was left of Minty's cavalry back to a bridge to retake it just to be sure.

I'm honestly not even sure its bloody possible to hold Alexander or Reed Bridges. The charging confederates render the Spencer Repeaters you get pretty much useless.

Well, it seems like half my 3rd division and my entire 4th division of my III Corps was never deployed at Gettysburg.

Well, that happened to include all veteran artillery, including 48 20pdr Parrotts,  72 3-Inch Ordnance rifles, and 24 24pdr Howitzers.  So much for testing the 20pdr Parrotts.

Noticing a definite difference in the tenacity of the AI. Much more effective in attacking one section of the line and exploiting holes. 

Also, getting my ass kicked as the Union at River Crossing. Major General. Made it through before, but getting clobbered by a fully 2 & 3 star CSA. All I have are rookies and 1*, too soon for 2*. Any suggestions -- @Koro, @Col_Kelly, others?

I feel earth works are a bit week now, a 1800 man Union brigade shouldn't be able to go toe to toe with my 3 star Texas brigade in fortifications. Prepared earth fortifications should be daunting obstacles that are extremely challenging and costly to take. Maybe have two types of earth fortifications; a simple one trench defense constructed in a few hours with minor buffs and a prepared trench system with appitas to slow oncoming troops and major cover buffs. Late war defenses were quite complex and effective and this should be represented in game. This would fit well for the cold harbor battle where historically federal troops attacked entrenched confederates and got slaughtered.

@Admiral666

I usually deploy 2 artillery pieces and then fill in the rest with Infantry Brigades.  Swing your forces south (mind the enemy skirmishers) to the large open plain and assault the southern point from there.  Make liberal use of the Charge button, then dig in and don't bother taking the next unless you see an opportunity.

Yup, that's my usual tactic. No dice. If I do that, the enemy just redeploys and hammers me with his veterans. Fine, so I'll feint toward one VP, wait til he shifts his troops, then attack the other in force. Nope. Still clobbered on the counter. Fine, let's do the same, but swap which VP I attack. Nope. Okay, let's try to entice him to attack me. Leave cannon in the open, hold inf back in forest. Cool, he's attacking! Pull the cannon back. On he comes! Oh. Wait, no, not like this! Clobbered by veterans even in favourable conditions.

Not sure if I just got worse or if major general got harder!

Great Battle! I'm only at Chickamauga second day by now, for my time didn't allow me to play more yesterday. Siege of Jackson is a fine fight, also. Had minor Problems in saving at CHickamauga, for the menu said "Enter Save name here" but i couldn't name or save, had to overwrite an older save. f11 it. Also, there was no reward in carreer points after Gettysburg, i didn't receive a new Officer, and there were no officers to buy from reputation.

Edited by IronGuard

2 hours ago, Admiral666 said:

Yup, that's my usual tactic. No dice. If I do that, the enemy just redeploys and hammers me with his veterans. Fine, so I'll feint toward one VP, wait til he shifts his troops, then attack the other in force. Nope. Still clobbered on the counter. Fine, let's do the same, but swap which VP I attack. Nope. Okay, let's try to entice him to attack me. Leave cannon in the open, hold inf back in forest. Cool, he's attacking! Pull the cannon back. On he comes! Oh. Wait, no, not like this! Clobbered by veterans even in favourable conditions.

Not sure if I just got worse or if major general got harder!

You have to minimize the amount of troops you leave on the other side of the river. Basically you shouldn't split your army at all and attack the southern VP with 4/5 brigades, be sure to surround it as well. Evenb though you're attacking u should be ready to defend yourself at anytime. 

4 minutes ago, Nox165 said:

sooo as the confederates how do I get to day 2? I got to the stage were its "attack or defend", I opted to attack, towards the end of the time I took 3 points but still got the defeat message :{

By day 2 you mean 19th of september right ? Weird normally taking all the river crossings should get you to the next day. Be sure to report this with f11 and also with a screen here if possible

33 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Maybe losses were more than 50%?

I think that is the case,  I cant recall the exact numbers by I think it was around 25,000 dead on my side with max number of men of ~46,000.  I personally would love to have the option to keep fighting. I may have taken huge loses but so have the union and with longstreets other divisions coming on day 2 I can make a come back :{.

50 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Do you remember if you have saved during the battle? There maybe a bug not updating the Objectives correctly.

I do have a save. time on the save is 13:51 with 0:39 on the mission timer.

Replayed from the saved, this time I was super defenseive but was able to capture a number of areas/... only lost 15k this time however I still lose. What did I do wrong or is this a bug?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nox165/screenshot/81467197677110520

screenshot of what the death toll was and what points where taken. this is the last phase of day 1

Edited by Nox165

14 minutes ago, Col_Kelly said:

Ok this is second day in fact (19th of september). For some reason you don't have brotherton road. I think that's the cause for your defeat since it's an advanced VP. Check the victory condition but I think you have to capture that point to avoid defeat regardless.