Game-Labs Forum

UGCW Feedack 0.76 and higher

Hotfix rev18548 3/3/2017
We have just deployed a hotfix including the following:
- Fix of Chickamauga last stage for North (could not give victory wrongly for some cases)
- Fixed Chickamauga campaign window with no text
- Fixed wrong type of CSA Government offer for Chickamauga campaign
- Major General Cleburne added as Government officer for CSA in Chickamauga campaign (was requested)
- Major General Thomas corrected in text and rank
- Corrected Corps slots texts for Chickamauga North Campaign version
- Corrected some other reported text issues 

• Like 3

Yeah, we get Cleburne! Thanks so much, can't wait to crush some Union troops with good old Pat!

"Where this division defended, no odds broke its line; where it attacked, no numbers resisted its onslaught, save only once; and there is the grave of Cleburne." WIlliam J. Hardee

• Like 1

I'm confused. I apparently drew at chikamauga b/c I wasn't able to take Jay's Mill and Brotherton, but they seem nearly impossible to seize as Union. Cant I just defend Horshoe Ridge? if I can, then how do I get to that?

It's an absolute slog fest through the forest to clear out all those skirmishers and get to Jay's Mill, on top of the fact that your first three brigades have no ammo after the first day defending the rivers.   

Edited by USPostman

Jay's Mill was a pain and I succeeded in taking it only because I took possession of Brotherton without much difficulty, which let me send a brigade directly to the mill along the road. At that point, all the Confederate defenders had been drawn into the woods to resist the admittedly rather feeble advance of my first three brigades.

How bad are the casualties most Union players are taking for their first corps on the field?

Edited by Viperlord

Difficulty in Chickamauga on Union is the fact you're fighting 3 Corps worth of troops, with just 2 Corps, with only 1 day of supply if you intend to take Jay's Mill and Brotherton on the second day, across a gigantic front (meaning two supply wagons have to be able to supply a line that's pretty much as wide as Gettysburg, if it didn't chop up the fights into sub-parts). 

The first elements which are used on the Day 1 have no resupply window between Day 1 and Day 2. Meaning if you don't swap the units around to substitute fresh units into the initially spawned units on Day 2, you're going to be fielding troops that don't have ammunition.

Other disturbing things that I found out because of the further nerfs to shock cavalry; one 3 star skirmisher can hold back 6 full-size shock cavalry squads in the trees now. It takes forever to kill one 3 star skirmisher that has 100 melee, even outnumbering the skirmisher 6 to 1. Which begs the question why would anybody ever field shock cavalry, when an equal number of skirmisher brigades can get the job done quicker in the trees.

I wasn't so bothered by the skirmishers, but my issue was the lack of ammo, the huge number of victory points you have to defend and the confusing option to defend the Horseback Ridge, but for some reason no way to actually proceed to Horseback ridge?

Also where is Longstreet at chickamauga? I know the right wing is under Polk who is there and left wing is under Longstreet but he is not there.

I mean why is hood even a commander there?

Edited by Nox165
pointing out something wrong with the battle.

1 hour ago, Nox165 said:

I mean why is hood even a commander there?

Hearing this fighting just to the right of his position, Maj. Gen. John Bell Hood, recently arrived from the East with the leading elements of Longstreet’s force, sent his men forward on his own initiative. Hood’s six veteran brigades slammed into and overlapped three brigades of Brig. Gen. Jefferson C. Davis (a most unfortunate name for a Union general) and quickly drove them westward. As if on cue, another Federal division......................

That night, Longstreet himself arrived and wakened Bragg, who assigned him command of the army’s left wing although "Old Pete" had yet to see the battlefield in daylight. In the tangled woods where much of the fighting was taking place, there was little to see anyway..........

http://www.historynet.com/battle-of-chickamauga.

• Like 1

Alright, did enough testing to satisfy my feelings about the 20pdr Parrott.

Still completely useless.

How are you even buffing the 20pdr Parrott?  Saying "increased long range damage" tells us nothing - did you make it more accurate, did you increase it's damage, did you increase the shell range?  Because from my experience, the gun does both very little damage with shell as well as rarely hits.  Hell, 24pdr Howitzers do better with their Round shot at maxmum range than the 20pdr Parrott does with Canister or Shell / Case.  For being the most expensive artillery piece in the game, the 20pdr Parrott NEEDS to have more damage and more accuracy so it can actually leverage it's long range (it's accuracy is currently displayed as 15 - less than half that of other cheaper rifled cannon and not much better than Howitzers). It's currently it's still worse than 3-Inch Ordnance Rifles (the gold standard when it comes to rifled artillery), fewer kills overall as well as fewer Routs, the two main ways artillery can affect enemies.  There's no upsides to the 20pdr Parrott, despite what the stats say - hell, the displayed stats might just be completely wrong for all I know since none of those stats have changed since you started "buffing" it.

Edited by The Soldier
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, CSA Watkins said:

Hearing this fighting just to the right of his position, Maj. Gen. John Bell Hood, recently arrived from the East with the leading elements of Longstreet’s force, sent his men forward on his own initiative. Hood’s six veteran brigades slammed into and overlapped three brigades of Brig. Gen. Jefferson C. Davis (a most unfortunate name for a Union general) and quickly drove them westward. As if on cue, another Federal division......................

That night, Longstreet himself arrived and wakened Bragg, who assigned him command of the army’s left wing although "Old Pete" had yet to see the battlefield in daylight. In the tangled woods where much of the fighting was taking place, there was little to see anyway..........

http://www.historynet.com/battle-of-chickamauga.

In that case where is longstreet day 2?

26 minutes ago, Col_Kelly said:

Longstreet arrives on day 3 not day 2.

Question, and nobody's answered me on this yet, but what actually happens on Day 3 for Union and confeds? I'm greatly confused about the whole horshoe ridge option that I really want to try for a Union or confed victory b/c trying to take Brotherton and Jay's mill is the equivalent to a suicide mission.

Just now, Col_Kelly said:

For Union you get to retreat further back (that's when horseshoe ridge appears, the map opens westward) while receiving further reinforcements. As CSA you have to attack those positions and dislodge them. 

So to do the Horeshoe Ridge thing, I should NOT take Brotherton and Jay's mill and just defend for Day 2 for Union?

18 minutes ago, vren55 said:

So to do the Horeshoe Ridge thing, I should NOT take Brotherton and Jay's mill and just defend for Day 2 for Union?

You have to hold just Brotherton Road or Jay's mill if I remember correctly but not both at once or u win